You guys see the Steve Harper article?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Oh man you beat me to the punch :lol:

I just deleted this:

kidhawk":3da8si0u said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Deep-rooted-Seahawks-fan-remembers-childhood-visit-from-Jim-Zorn/16c55a62-f40a-4ae7-886e-67fd422864e2[/urltargetblank]

I'm pretty sure this name will bring back many memories around here :)

With that said, it's a nice write-up. I will leave it at that 8)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Zeb, I'm at work - I've got a repuation as a tough guy to uphold as a tough looking guy - hard to uphold that repuation with tears in my eyes ;)~ Seriously though, great story and article.

Don't know anybody myself with severe CP, but for some reason after seeing the movie King Gimp a few years ago I've got a real soft spot for CP stories - perhaps it is because I'm a fairly outgoing person who loves to talk and be animated and I can't imagine what it would be like to have all of my mental facilities but to be trapped in a body that made it extremely difficult to share that part of my personality.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't remember a lot about Steve when he used to post here, I just remember thinking he was a real sonuva bi*ch, and then feeling terrible for thinking that about him.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Please note: A warning for anyone that feels the need to vent about Steve Harper's online history in this topic:
"I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger"

This is a great story about a huge Seahawks fan, and should be celebrated as such. Keep your negativity on the subject to the smack shack.

Reaction score
lol, and now I feel a little better - it is good to know that even people with severe CP can communicate well enough to be considered blowhards on Internet Message boards.

When did he stop posting?? I've been lurking here since at least 2004 and don't recall his name. Then again, perhaps I just don't remember the screen-name.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It's been a long time, as far as I remember. Maybe even before 2004.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hey, Steve was very difficult to deal with when discussing Seahawks topics, but there is no way I'll question his loyalty to the Seahawks, and I give him all the credit and praise in the world for overcoming his handicap. Nice to see him portrayed so well in the article.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice article. I wish Steve well.

grizbob

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":32ap35ea said:
I don't remember a lot about Steve when he used to post here, I just remember thinking he was a real sonuva bi*ch, and then feeling terrible for thinking that about him.

I thought that name sounded familiar, thanks to the veil of dead brain cells couldn't tell if the memories are good or not.

That being said, very cool write up :th2thumbs:

The Radish

Reaction score
Had a picture on my computer room wall of Steve in a green robe wearing a crown.

A great Seahawks fan for sure. Strongly opinionated but still a great fan.

:les:

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Very touching article. I remember Steve's posts here at .net in the early 2000s. His passion for the Seahawks is second to none.

Largent80

Reaction score
let me dump my colostomy bag, and I'll get back with ya.

Don't judge...its my 60th birthday.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
That's a really nice article. And just imagine how many lives Russell Wilson has impacted already in his short career as a Seahawk. After every loss I've been upset (like usual) until Monday or Tuesday when Wilson, or a fan, posts a picture on Twitter of him at a hospital with an ill child...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":12ci4enb said:
I remember him from way back to Seahawks98.com. Good article. And back in the day a lively poster.
Yep, he sure liked to argue his point of view,,Didn't pull any punches.
I think he took out all his frustrations on the .NET, gave no quarter, and and expected none in return.
I got annoyed with the brash in this guy, but I always liked him :th2thumbs:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1ph34glj said:
WHOA!! Has this place changed in 10 years or WHAT? I'm just gonna stop right there...
LOL...so true.

chris98251

Reaction score
Steve while posting and getting banned brought back and getting banned again over several turns and mostly his dissapproval of Holmgren was never waivering in his love for the Hawks. Pain in the ass to be sure many times, but held his ground unwavering. If you were able to just have a topic to talk about that wasn't set up as a ticking time bomb he was a great person to talk to.