Colin Cowherd Blazing 5 picks Seattle over Chicago

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Cowherd has been absolutely amazing this year, his picks effect the Vegas line. If you do a search on Colin Cowherd Blazing 5, the returns include a lot of betting sites that mention Colin. To be honest, I have a lot of respect for the guy, he's a work-a-holic and knows his stuff. I wouldn't want to hang around him because that voice and attitude would wear thin very fast, but I respect the man.

Here's a quote from a guy that hates him about his picks:

"Each week, Cowherd offers his "Blazing Five" NFL line picks. With those picks, he's 35-15 on the season—70 percent accurate. That's essentially unheard of. The Las Vegas Hilton has a "SuperContest" in which the city's best sports gamblers pick five games a week. The best entrant in that contest is 33-15-2, or, in other words, not as good as Colin Cowherd."

http://deadspin.com/colin-cowherd-blazing-five/

Also, here's a link to a page with his previous Blazing 5 picks. He's full of himself, but he has every right to be, his picks are phenomenal.

http://search.espn.go.com/cowherd-blazing-five/audio/7
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• in 2005 he predicted us to lose every playoff game and eventually the superbowl.. he got one right.. actually had hasselback on his show after the 1st playoff win, and asked him how he felt about being underdogs in every game throughout the play offs. Hass said, i'll let you know after we win the superbowl...

but i did actually enjoy listening to his show back in the day...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I'll give the guy credit, but he is 35-15 for games that he chose to pick. He picks the 5 games he is most sure about, and picks those... Not the same as being 35-15 when picking each game. Still very impressive, just pointing out the difference.

I hope hes right.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:I'll give the guy credit, but he is 35-15 for games that he chose to pick. He picks the 5 games he is most sure about, and picks those... Not the same as being 35-15 when picking each game. Still very impressive, just pointing out the difference.

I hope hes right.

There is NO difference. He is picking against the spread. 35-15 is off the charts vs the spread-doesn't matter what games he is picking.

The guys in the Hilton Supercontest have the same luxury.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• 70% out of 5 picks each week, means he averages 1.5 picks wrong each week, that's basically saying one week he gets one wrong and another week he gets 2 wrong....on a good week he has a 20% chance of being wrong this week and a bad week it's a 40% chance of being wrong.

I certainly hope we win, but just because some "expert" picks us doesn't increase our chances any

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• He generally does NOT pick teams to "win" or to "lose".

He picks them to beat the spread.

Unless he picked us as an 'Upset Special'.........

His Blazing 5 are vs the spread.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• Screw Cowherd, a lot of people know we're going to win this Sunday.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

• jamsomatic wrote:
    CaptainSkybeard wrote:I'll give the guy credit, but he is 35-15 for games that he chose to pick. He picks the 5 games he is most sure about, and picks those... Not the same as being 35-15 when picking each game. Still very impressive, just pointing out the difference.

I hope hes right.

There is NO difference. He is picking against the spread. 35-15 is off the charts vs the spread-doesn't matter what games he is picking.

The guys in the Hilton Supercontest have the same luxury.

In that case we should put less stock in his predictions - in terms of our chances for getting a W - Because if we lose by 1 or 2 points his pick will still be "right" even though Seahawks lose...
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• Precisely.
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter

• hawker84 wrote:in 2005 he predicted us to lose every playoff game and eventually the superbowl.. he got one right.. actually had hasselback on his show after the 1st playoff win, and asked him how he felt about being underdogs in every game throughout the play offs. Hass said, i'll let you know after we win the superbowl...

If he picked up to lose the SB he got that one WRONG!!!!!!
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• The guy who is stunningly accurate in upset picks is Tom Looney on the JT the Brick show. Loony even picked Obama to upset Romney. Loony picks Seattle a lot. He follows the Hawks.
    5 NINERS HEAD COACHES WHO COULD KEEP THE SEAHAWKS RIVALRY ALIVE
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/12/17/ ... lry-alive/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Lords of Scythia wrote:The guy who is stunningly accurate in upset picks is Tom Looney on the JT the Brick show. Loony even picked Obama to upset Romney. Loony picks Seattle a lot. He follows the Hawks.

You should start a thread about him then.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Crazy. Hopefully Rice being Q doesn't hurt us.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:in 2005 he predicted us to lose every playoff game and eventually the superbowl.. he got one right.. actually had hasselback on his show after the 1st playoff win, and asked him how he felt about being underdogs in every game throughout the play offs. Hass said, i'll let you know after we win the superbowl...

HAHA you don't forget, do you?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:70% out of 5 picks each week, means he averages 1.5 picks wrong each week, that's basically saying one week he gets one wrong and another week he gets 2 wrong....on a good week he has a 20% chance of being wrong this week and a bad week it's a 40% chance of being wrong.

I certainly hope we win, but just because some "expert" picks us doesn't increase our chances any

Try to pick 5 games a week against the spread. 70% is a very very good percentage.

These aren't straight up winners, these are ATS. So if Chicago wins 23-20, he still basically "wins" since Chicago is favored by 4.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Lords of Scythia wrote:Loony even picked Obama to upset Romney.

:lol:

How in the world was Obama over Romney an upset?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Because any sane person outside of downtown Portland knows what we're in for now.

Funny, I hear a lot of people bashing Cowherd as a Hawk Hater, but he's been picking us a lot lately. He picked us in Miami and was actually wrong on that one, then went ahead and picked us again in Chi, which is surprising since we're 1-5 on the road. I wouldn't have picked us ATS even then.

He even comes out and says he's a Seahawk homer, and his favorite player growing up was Largent, but he takes a LOT of pride in being right, and when we stink, he castigates us for it. He has been really amazing with his Blazing 5 picks this year though.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• HATE COWherd
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

• He picks Seattle, 24-20 over the Bears. You can listen to it here:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8694313
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information