Trufant doubtful

rabbit jacker

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree reporting that Truant suffered a hamstring injury in practice and Thurmond will be taking his spot this week. Can't say I'm disappointed with this news.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Time for Thurmond to step in and step up. Love ya Tru, but it's time to hang it up my friend.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rabbit jacker":3u13zzqq said:
Curtis Crabtree reporting that Truant suffered a hamstring injury in practice and Thurmond will be taking his spot this week. Can't say I'm disappointed with this news.

*quietly puts away Marcus Trufant voodoo doll with pin in hamstring*

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jdcyx44 said:
rabbit jacker":2jdcyx44 said:

*quietly puts away Marcus Trufant voodoo doll with pin in hamstring*

I know this is just a joke, but man I hope it's not too severe. We'll need him (no matter what people in here say) when Sherman and Browner get suspended (I know, I know, IF they are suspended, I just think the odds are against them)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree we will still need Trufant to finish the year especially with the suspensions looming. But after this year, Trufant needs to retire with his head held high.

roiyair

Reaction score
People here are way too hard on him. He's a solid #3 corner and definitely not the source of our defensive woes like some guys are making it seem.
If we just find our missing run D again things will get way better. It's like the front 7 (8 with Kam) that has played since the Niners game are not the same guys that played in the beginning of the season.

Hope he heals up soon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like Sidney Rice was also added to the report today with a calf issue and was limited today and Questionable for Sunday. (Full report from .com below). This report is worse than I expected. There is a high likelihood of 3 starters not playing on Sunday.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

Bryant, Red...DE....Foot....DNP....Questionable
Hill, Leroy....OLB...Ankle....DNP....Questionable
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Back....FP....Probable
Rice, Sidney....WR....Calf....LP....Questionable
Scruggs, Greg....DE....Oblique....FP....Probable
Trufant, Marcus....CB....Hamstring....DNP...Doubtful

hawker84

Reaction score
i hear what you're saying about we still need him, but why.. he can't cover anybody, so you can theoretically throw anyone out there and do just as good/bad... we would have the advantage experience wise possibly, but not athetically... which is more important at this point...? i say athletisicm.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Might as well rest him for when we lose Sherman and Browner. As poorly as he has played recently, we will need him during the suspensions. Hopefully he will be up for it

hawker84

Reaction score
roiyair":29osmbfw said:
People here are way too hard on him. He's a solid #3 corner and definitely not the source of our defensive woes like some guys are making it seem.
If we just find our missing run D again things will get way better. It's like the front 7 (8 with Kam) that has played since the Niners game are not the same guys that played in the beginning of the season.

Hope he heals up soon.

incorrect.. he is not an effective or solid #3, and he is absolutely one of the weak spots on our d.. along with hill..

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawker84":1s6fn1ju said:
roiyair":1s6fn1ju said:

Hope he heals up soon.

incorrect.. he is not an effective or solid #3, and he is absolutely one of the weak spots on our d.. along with hill..
:13: time for WT to take his spot and bump Trufant off the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
roiyair":3v1zcmgw said:
People here are way too hard on him. He's a solid #3 corner and definitely not the source of our defensive woes like some guys are making it seem

The stats say otherwise, he's one of the worst statistical nickel corners in the entire league..........as was evident in Miami when Bess who had only been averaging like four catches for 50-60 yards a game torched Trufant inside for 140 yards.

Listen, we all love our Tru, he's been one of the greatest Hawks of all time, both on the team and in the community. But the fact is he's hurting this defense, and he's hurting it bad.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ujca869 said:
roiyair":1ujca869 said:
People here are way too hard on him. He's a solid #3 corner and definitely not the source of our defensive woes like some guys are making it seem

The stats say otherwise, he's one of the worst statistical nickel corners in the entire league..........as was evident in Miami when Bess who had only been averaging like four catches for 50-60 yards a game torched Trufant inside for 140 yards.

Listen, we all love our Tru, he's been one of the greatest Hawks of all time, both on the team and in the community. But the fact is he's hurting this defense, and he's hurting it bad.

You honestly believe that he was covered by Trufant on every play? That's crazy

kidhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":3m8dfyt7 said:
Rice? Oh dear god...

Just started watching the video of pete's presser today (missed the live version) and he said that Rice's Calf was tightening up during practice so about 3/4 of the way through they pulled him out. They will see tomorrow how he's doing. He sounded like he thought he'd be able to play, but it sounds to me like even if he does go, he could spend a lot of time on the sidelines if his calf is an issue. I just hope he can be a full go on Sunday. Him and Wilson have been on the same page now and we really need that combination to continue to grow together.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jwhbswd said:
roiyair":3jwhbswd said:

Tru's been done for awhile now. Time for people to let him go and remember him for who he was.....you can't play this game forever.

CPHawk

Reaction score
What did WTIII do when he played Fitz as a rookie? Was it 1 catch for the game?

Latest posts