Toronto Trip - ticket available

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:26 pm
  • A few of us(myself, my wife, bestfightstory, and mystermatt) are going to Toronto to see the game against the Bills. We bought 5 tickets and have an extra one available if someone here feels inclined to go. We are arriving Friday the 14th and fly out Monday the 17th.

    Anyhow, these trips are always fun so if someone wants to swing it pm me for details. We try and do one of these each year but took last year off for whatever reason. It's on again for this year and as usual it will be something to remember. If you live in Toronto or in the immediate area even easier.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:27 pm
  • I thought about doing this trip and then got ticked when I heard it was in Toronto. Figured it would be too expensive, international problems, etc. About a week ago I decided to check out ticket prices on stubhub and found they were actually reasonable. Wife was OK with me going, especially since game is on my birthday. Had the money available. Saw it was 4 pm game. Realized I would get home around 3am if I drove back right after the game. Made a reservation for a hotel to stay in for that night.

    ...And then my boss denied my time off request (even though I've accumulated my max vacation time) because there's a software release that day.

    Well, next year, I'm going to clean out my frequent flyer miles and go back to Seattle for a game. It HAS to be better than the last one I went to in 2002...
    Image
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    User avatar
    osprey6
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:44 am
    Location: Monroeville, PA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 pm
  • osprey6 wrote:I thought about doing this trip and then got ticked when I heard it was in Toronto. Figured it would be too expensive, international problems, etc. About a week ago I decided to check out ticket prices on stubhub and found they were actually reasonable. Wife was OK with me going, especially since game is on my birthday. Had the money available. Saw it was 4 pm game. Realized I would get home around 3am if I drove back right after the game. Made a reservation for a hotel to stay in for that night.

    ...And then my boss denied my time off request (even though I've accumulated my max vacation time) because there's a software release that day.

    Well, next year, I'm going to clean out my frequent flyer miles and go back to Seattle for a game. It HAS to be better than the last one I went to in 2002...


    Bummer. We saw you at Pittsburgh years ago didn't we?
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:43 pm
  • Looks like we're gonna lose the Toronto game. :P
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11233
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 pm
  • osprey6 wrote:I thought about doing this trip and then got ticked when I heard it was in Toronto. Figured it would be too expensive, international problems, etc. About a week ago I decided to check out ticket prices on stubhub and found they were actually reasonable. Wife was OK with me going, especially since game is on my birthday. Had the money available. Saw it was 4 pm game. Realized I would get home around 3am if I drove back right after the game. Made a reservation for a hotel to stay in for that night.

    ...And then my boss denied my time off request (even though I've accumulated my max vacation time) because there's a software release that day.

    Well, next year, I'm going to clean out my frequent flyer miles and go back to Seattle for a game. It HAS to be better than the last one I went to in 2002...


    That sucks. We go through that too. We have quarterly releases and can't take time off. Then we have immediate fixes that come up almost weekly and have to work overnight shifts all the time as well as our normal day shifts. I feel your pain. I think I'm about getting burned out.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:09 pm
  • Man I really wish I could go. It would be a blast with such a Motley Crew.

    My Son's coming into town from NJ and this time of year is nuts in our household. Otherwise, I would be all over this.

    Someone take him up on the offer! You won't regret it.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 7899
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:55 am
  • OMG I want that ticket. What's the turn around on passports these days?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 13964
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Bummer. We saw you at Pittsburgh years ago didn't we?


    Yep, that was me! I hope to see you again one day. I love meeting the big contributors to the board and the "famous fans" like Kiltman, Cannonball, PaintedHawk, etc.
    Image
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    User avatar
    osprey6
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:44 am
    Location: Monroeville, PA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:OMG I want that ticket. What's the turn around on passports these days?


    I got mine in about 3 weeks paying for expedited service and express mail.

    But unless you're flying, you do not need a passport per se. Don't get me wrong, you need something, but not necessarily a passport. Some states (like New York) have "enhanced" drivers licenses that suffice, and you can get a border card too (Same ideas as a passport, but cheaper, and only good for land crossings into Canada/Mexico.

    BTW, if anyone is seriously thinking of going, it's generally a lot cheaper to fly into Buffalo and then drive about 2 1/2 hours into Toronto. A lot of Canadians work that in reverse when flying to say, Florida.
    Image
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    User avatar
    osprey6
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:44 am
    Location: Monroeville, PA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:58 am
  • I'll be at the game with my gf, has anyone figured out a place to meet up? I live in Montreal, it would be nice to finally meet another seahawks fan
    arghawkfan
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 pm


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:41 am
  • Jonrud & the wife will be there as well! Let us know where the prefunk is happening so all the Hawks fans get gather up and blast Toronto with the power of the 12.
    Image

    Win Forever!
    User avatar
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1177
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
    Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:13 am
  • FYI - Psy is doing that Gangham style thing at halftime of the Hawks/Bills game. I had no idea what this was but now my wife is actually excited to go to the game!
    Image

    Win Forever!
    User avatar
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1177
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
    Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 pm
  • Aros wrote:Man I really wish I could go. It would be a blast with such a Motley Crew.

    My Son's coming into town from NJ and this time of year is nuts in our household. Otherwise, I would be all over this.

    Someone take him up on the offer! You won't regret it.


    Todd is like the Seahawks. Every year he talks a good game but every year he fails to show up on the road
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Todd is like the Seahawks. Every year he talks a good game but every year he fails to show up on the road


    LOL! ZING!

    (So true).
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 7899
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Todd is like the Seahawks. Every year he talks a good game but every year he fails to show up on the road


    LOL! ZING!

    (So true).



    Well Todd if you weren't so cheap you would figure out a way to let Shandon go. Its much closer for him. Plus it would give him a chance to meet REAL Seahawks fans.

    :sarcasm_off:
    Image
    Getting ready for some football
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18408
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:00 am
  • The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.
    User avatar
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1563
    Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 am
  • the ditch wrote:The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.


    Come on ditch! Nut up bro and deal with that crappy airport. We are. We would love to have ya along.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am
  • Okay.....

    Does anyone know if they tailgate up there? We have to start planning on a few things. Let's make sure that any of you going to the games exchange information with myself, or mystermatt.

    If one of you is local and driving to the game maybe we can tailgate if they allow it. We could all chip in for the parking, get some beer and what not.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 am
  • the ditch wrote:The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.



    Hey come on, Toronto is a great city, and our Airport is one of the nicest, typical Calgary person jealous of the only Canadian city that matters.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 am
  • TorontoHawk wrote:
    the ditch wrote:The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.



    Hey come on, Toronto is a great city, and our Airport is one of the nicest, typical Calgary person jealous of the only Canadian city that matters.


    So the airport isn't a nightmare? Good news.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:12 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    TorontoHawk wrote:
    the ditch wrote:The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.



    Hey come on, Toronto is a great city, and our Airport is one of the nicest, typical Calgary person jealous of the only Canadian city that matters.


    So the airport isn't a nightmare? Good news.



    I have never had a problem, sometimes customs is a long line but that would be it.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 am
  • the ditch wrote:The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.


    Yo ditch... I have just been informed that if you get your butt to Toronto that the extra ticket we have is on us.

    Do it!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    the ditch wrote:The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.


    Yo ditch... I have just been informed that if you get your butt to Toronto that the extra ticket we have is on us.

    Do it!


    I'll talk with my wife and let you know.
    User avatar
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1563
    Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 pm
  • [quote="Tech Worlds"]Okay.....

    Does anyone know if they tailgate up there? We have to start planning on a few things. Let's make sure that any of you going to the games exchange information with myself, or mystermatt.

    If one of you is local and driving to the game maybe we can tailgate if they allow it. We could all chip in for the parking, get some beer and what not.[/

    It really sucks but we are not allowed to drink in the parking lot for tailgate parties, it sucks. I know Budweiser is having a big party before the game but I am sure the beer and food will not be cheep. Think the best bet is to go to a local pub and reserve some space if we could get a number of people going.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 pm
  • TorontoHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Okay.....

    Does anyone know if they tailgate up there? We have to start planning on a few things. Let's make sure that any of you going to the games exchange information with myself, or mystermatt.

    If one of you is local and driving to the game maybe we can tailgate if they allow it. We could all chip in for the parking, get some beer and what not.[/

    It really sucks but we are not allowed to drink in the parking lot for tailgate parties, it sucks. I know Budweiser is having a big party before the game but I am sure the beer and food will not be cheep. Think the best bet is to go to a local pub and reserve some space if we could get a number of people going.


    Ok. Well your the resident expert. Let us know if there is a close place near Rodgers Dome where we can meet up few hours prior to the game. Is that huge sports bar close?
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:13 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    TorontoHawk wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Okay.....

    Does anyone know if they tailgate up there? We have to start planning on a few things. Let's make sure that any of you going to the games exchange information with myself, or mystermatt.

    If one of you is local and driving to the game maybe we can tailgate if they allow it. We could all chip in for the parking, get some beer and what not.[/

    It really sucks but we are not allowed to drink in the parking lot for tailgate parties, it sucks. I know Budweiser is having a big party before the game but I am sure the beer and food will not be cheep. Think the best bet is to go to a local pub and reserve some space if we could get a number of people going.


    Ok. Well your the resident expert. Let us know if there is a close place near Rodgers Dome where we can meet up few hours prior to the game. Is that huge sports bar close?


    There is poutine cafe that I hear is all the rage.:grin:
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9166
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 pm
  • Yeah, Dom. ZERO tailgating in Toronto. According to friends of mine who live there, not only is there no tailgating, if you drink outside, you'll be arrested. Not given a warning. Arrested. Apparently there is some super lame Budlight "tailgating" zone next to the stadium where you can buy $8 Bud Lights. But you want nothing to do with that. There are a couple bars near the stadium. I can ask and let you know where the best to pre-game is.

    Oh, and btw. I'm going to be in town for this one. ;)
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4613
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Toronto Trip - ticket available
Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:Yeah, Dom. ZERO tailgating in Toronto. According to friends of mine who live there, not only is there no tailgating, if you drink outside, you'll be arrested. Not given a warning. Arrested. Apparently there is some super lame Budlight "tailgating" zone next to the stadium where you can buy $8 Bud Lights. But you want nothing to do with that. There are a couple bars near the stadium. I can ask and let you know where the best to pre-game is.

    Oh, and btw. I'm going to be in town for this one. ;)


    In Toronto? Cool!
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA




It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information