A likely scenario- week 13

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well this makes the Dolphins loss that much worse. Thanks for that. ;)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1nl6f0v9 said:
And then whose to say if it doesn't happen in year 4 he doesn't turn around and say "now it's a 5 year plan"?

But why stop there? Who's to say he's not secretly planning to bulldoze the VMAC and replace it with a strip mall?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
falcongoggles":flniyo4d said:
Get hot, rip into the playoffs and bring home the Super Bowl trophy to Seattle. Questions?
This is what it's gonna take . Wouldn't be the first team to do it ..

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm with Dom. The Miami game was the most winnable game we had left on the road, and crapped the bed.

Every game is winnable, but Chi is going to be tough. BUF is also going to be tough for us, with the defense playing the way they are. Buffalo is also tough at home. If we lose both road games (likely, since this team honestly is getting into a road game funk), we have to win out at home.

Just how are we going to stop the 49ers with our run defense ? It's getting worse and worse, and the Niners with Harbaugh are good at exploiting our weaknesses. He's starting to treat Pete like the other coach was treating Henry Winkler in the Waterboy.

Say we beat the Niners, and get into the playoffs. If we don't win but one road game all year, we're on the road for the first playoff game, and we're probably going to get face rolled. So, we're one and done in the playoffs. All that does is screw our draft position even more.

I'd love to have a shot at the playoffs, but the way we're regressing, I honestly don't see us having a chance in hell on the road...anywhere. I'd rather make the playoffs with a team that's more ready than this one is.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawks46":3v01tdlo said:
I'm with Dom. The Miami game was the most winnable game we had left on the road, and crapped the bed.

Every game is winnable, but Chi is going to be tough. BUF is also going to be tough for us, with the defense playing the way they are. Buffalo is also tough at home. If we lose both road games (likely, since this team honestly is getting into a road game funk), we have to win out at home.

Just how are we going to stop the 49ers with our run defense ? It's getting worse and worse, and the Niners with Harbaugh are good at exploiting our weaknesses. He's starting to treat Pete like the other coach was treating Henry Winkler in the Waterboy.

Say we beat the Niners, and get into the playoffs. If we don't win but one road game all year, we're on the road for the first playoff game, and we're probably going to get face rolled. So, we're one and done in the playoffs. All that does is screw our draft position even more.

I'd love to have a shot at the playoffs, but the way we're regressing, I honestly don't see us having a chance in hell on the road...anywhere. I'd rather make the playoffs with a team that's more ready than this one is.

You may agree with me on the Miami game but that is about all I agree with you on regarding your post.

I want to make the playoffs with this team, this year. Who knows when we get over the hump and start winning road games. Could be that first playoff game on the road but you gotta get in to find out.

Draft position? Screw that. Let's go to the playoffs where we at least have a chance.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
We did fine with the draft after getting to the playoffs at 7-9 and beating the Saints at home, creating a totally memorable and quite possibly "best run ever" moment in the process.

The idea that one should tank the end of the season to avoid a wild card playoff berth is just silly and dumb. Heck, the Giants were a wild card team last year, and won it all, correct?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":23gkw4l1 said:
jamsomatic":23gkw4l1 said:
Don't take this personally, jlwaters, but counting on other teams to lose in December is a time-honored Seahawks tradition. Like losing on the road and side-stepping into contention.

nothing personal about it. We control our destiny. However, I don't think all the predictions about the wildcards needing 10 wins will hold true this year. TB and Vikings won't win 10 games this year IMO. NO has to win out in order to reach that number (highly unlikely) same for Dallas and Washington. I'm thinking 9-7 will be the the 6th seeds record. Which assuming that Seattle loses Sunday we'd have to go win 3 of 4. Entirely possible with 3 being home games and a winable road game (just like all the other road games :34853_doh: )
This is reassuring. All you have to do is get into the postseason and anything can happen.

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1fclldw8 said:
Hawks46":1fclldw8 said:

You may agree with me on the Miami game but that is about all I agree with you on regarding your post.

I want to make the playoffs with this team, this year. Who knows when we get over the hump and start winning road games. Could be that first playoff game on the road but you gotta get in to find out.

Draft position? Screw that. Let's go to the playoffs where we at least have a chance.

I like this thought. Yes the Miami loss sucked. But it's over, no reason to keep pointing it out. We have 5 games. We'll have to go at least 3-2 if we want to make the playoffs. Everyone keeps saying we're terrible on the road, and yet in everyone of them we've held a lead the 4th qtr (save the 9ers game) and all of them where by a TD or less. To me that tells me we are on the cusp of something great. Can we do it? Don't know, but am excited to see how it all plays out.

Uffda

Reaction score
Thought we were going to go 5-1 in the last 6 games.

Didn't guess that loss would most likely be the Bears, who'd a thunk it would be the dolphins.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Rams and Cards are shaping up as must-win games at home. The question is where are the Hawks getting that third win. Before Miami I woulda said Buffulo, but now even that is sorta sketchy. Niners at home? That might end up being a must-win game too.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":11eoc6dk said:
This is why the Dolphins game hurts so much more to me. We had a real chance to distance ourselves.

We had a real shot at the division nonetheless.