That Miami game was the first time, in years,

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Agreed Scotte, but banging your head against a literal wall for 2 quarters in a close game has its inherent risks too. I give PC a pass but it would seem to be a very valuable, albeit painful, lesson that shouldn't be ignored and I would think it would lead him to a little more introspection on his play selection down the road.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1xf4ldmm said:
A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

Becoming a contender is right there, in front of them, if they so choose.

I’m still just as pissed.

STFU... I was at the game, it felt like a loss while I was there, unbelievable.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":18h4dbjv said:
pehawk":18h4dbjv said:
A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

??

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Pete is going to have to let Russell play. I'd rather it be sooner or later. I was calling for it at halftime of that game to put the game on Russell's shoulders but he didnt do that. I love Pete even more than Holmgren honestly. But i want to see our team constantly attacking the other team on both sides of the ball. Our team is best when we are playing man to man not going to soft zone coverage to try not to lose. That last offensive drive t hat took us out of field goal position really worried me. You gotta go for the kill. Once again play to win not play to not lose. Then that busted coverage on Bess wth happened there? Look like to me Kam blew that one big time. Same thing in the detroit game when him and sherm got beat deep. Shit like that cannot happen. Once again though that is why i like man to man defense everyone is or should be accounted for at all times and your safeties can play with a lot more aggressiveness and instinct.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
pehawk":32d1eudx said:
NFSeahawks628":32d1eudx said:
pehawk":32d1eudx said:

??

Yeah, I gotta go with a "huh?" on this one too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, we can pass out of 2 TE sets. Take this game....Urlacher is good in coverage, but he's lost a few steps, Brigss (if he plays) was in a walking boot this week......Miller and McCoy really CAN take advantage of their LBers, especially in a base defense (although Chi runs mostly base defense, nothing too exotic). You can audible from a run play to a pass play easily in these formations, and I really thought we'd have been doing it more often already.

I don't know if Wilson is allowed to audible or not; sure didn't look like it at the Miami game. Thing is, maybe he does have it, and we're overestimating his ability right now. He's still a rookie, so while he's done damn good, maybe he still has some shortcomings we haven't seen yet, or are unaware of.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":31spmd9u said:
I don't think Seattle has the pass block personnel or the down field talent to be a team that passes to set up the run, so I understand the Patriots reference. But I do get the sense that the personnel groupings really do lock our offense into certain play calls. It's pretty hard to audible to a pass call when you are running 2 tight end sets or single tights with 2 backs, particularly when our offensive rhythm is so concentrated on running clock.

Good observation. If Seattle did allow Wilson to audible pass in those formations, he'd probably end up throwing to his running back most of the time, which kind of defeats the purpose of the audible. This might be something the team needs to think about during the offseason.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":pm6p0fge said:
cat picture

The funny thing is, I think it's the smartest prediction I've ever made. Seattle's statistics this season are actually perfectly on course with my expectations, and the statistics say they are a top 5 team in the NFL. People can react the way they want, but I know a championship caliber team when I see one. It's really just a question of "when" with these guys. When will everything fall into place? God knows this team is agonizingly close to that right now. If just two of those five excruciatingly close losses swing differently, Seattle is 8-3 right now instead of 6-5.

And as far as giving Spiderman cancer, if he didn't like my writeup then he had it coming.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":31de7mtp said:
MontanaHawk05":31de7mtp said:
cat picture

The funny thing is, I think it's the smartest prediction I've ever made. Seattle's statistics this season are actually perfectly on course with my expectations, and the statistics say they are a top 5 team in the NFL. People can react the way they want, but I know a championship caliber team when I see one. It's really just a question of "when" with these guys. When will everything fall into place? God knows this team is agonizingly close to that right now. If just two of those five excruciatingly close losses swing differently, Seattle is 8-3 right now instead of 6-5.

And as far as giving Spiderman cancer, if he didn't like my writeup then he had it coming.
Hope you're right Kip, but all championship teams have the ability to do what's necessary when it needs to be done to seal the win most of the time. At times the Hawks' offense has demonstrated the ability to do that by running the ball down the opposition's throat to run out the clock to end the game. On the other hand, the defense has demonstrated only the ability to give up a TD or a FG drive late, when they're needed most to stop the other team and seal the win, albeit in road games. Until that trend is reversed, a .500 team is what we're going to see IMO.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":1f8cqbly said:

To be fair, he's pretty riddled with it at this point.

(You know I love you kearly. Please be my BFF.)

rjdriver

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ojvp6h3v said:
kearly":ojvp6h3v said:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
rjdriver":309yjohq said:
Sarlacc83":309yjohq said:
kearly":309yjohq said:

:327321_Spy_23.22:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
kearly":3kcekwq6 said:
MontanaHawk05":3kcekwq6 said:
cat picture

At least half of our wins could have gone the other way as well, such is the NFL. Every NFL team has those "ALMOST" games, and stats are just that, stats. Games are won on the field, not on paper.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1fzs68qx said:
kearly":1fzs68qx said:
MontanaHawk05":1fzs68qx said:
cat picture

At least half of our wins could have gone the other way as well, such is the NFL. Every NFL team has those "ALMOST" games, and stats are just that, stats. Games are won on the field, not on paper.

Do you really think Kearly's unaware of that?

And I would challenge your claim that every NFL team has a streak of nine road games where they've either won resoundingly or lost by a touchdown or less.