Toronto Trip - ticket available

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
A few of us(myself, my wife, bestfightstory, and mystermatt) are going to Toronto to see the game against the Bills. We bought 5 tickets and have an extra one available if someone here feels inclined to go. We are arriving Friday the 14th and fly out Monday the 17th.

Anyhow, these trips are always fun so if someone wants to swing it pm me for details. We try and do one of these each year but took last year off for whatever reason. It's on again for this year and as usual it will be something to remember. If you live in Toronto or in the immediate area even easier.

osprey6

Reaction score
I thought about doing this trip and then got ticked when I heard it was in Toronto. Figured it would be too expensive, international problems, etc. About a week ago I decided to check out ticket prices on stubhub and found they were actually reasonable. Wife was OK with me going, especially since game is on my birthday. Had the money available. Saw it was 4 pm game. Realized I would get home around 3am if I drove back right after the game. Made a reservation for a hotel to stay in for that night.

...And then my boss denied my time off request (even though I've accumulated my max vacation time) because there's a software release that day.

Well, next year, I'm going to clean out my frequent flyer miles and go back to Seattle for a game. It HAS to be better than the last one I went to in 2002...

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
osprey6":3fulik7s said:
I thought about doing this trip and then got ticked when I heard it was in Toronto. Figured it would be too expensive, international problems, etc. About a week ago I decided to check out ticket prices on stubhub and found they were actually reasonable. Wife was OK with me going, especially since game is on my birthday. Had the money available. Saw it was 4 pm game. Realized I would get home around 3am if I drove back right after the game. Made a reservation for a hotel to stay in for that night.

...And then my boss denied my time off request (even though I've accumulated my max vacation time) because there's a software release that day.

Well, next year, I'm going to clean out my frequent flyer miles and go back to Seattle for a game. It HAS to be better than the last one I went to in 2002...

Bummer. We saw you at Pittsburgh years ago didn't we?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
osprey6":56ctpr3b said:

That sucks. We go through that too. We have quarterly releases and can't take time off. Then we have immediate fixes that come up almost weekly and have to work overnight shifts all the time as well as our normal day shifts. I feel your pain. I think I'm about getting burned out.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man I really wish I could go. It would be a blast with such a Motley Crew.

My Son's coming into town from NJ and this time of year is nuts in our household. Otherwise, I would be all over this.

Someone take him up on the offer! You won't regret it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
OMG I want that ticket. What's the turn around on passports these days?

osprey6

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":12ehrd4x said:
Bummer. We saw you at Pittsburgh years ago didn't we?

Yep, that was me! I hope to see you again one day. I love meeting the big contributors to the board and the "famous fans" like Kiltman, Cannonball, PaintedHawk, etc.

osprey6

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2okj590a said:
OMG I want that ticket. What's the turn around on passports these days?

I got mine in about 3 weeks paying for expedited service and express mail.

But unless you're flying, you do not need a passport per se. Don't get me wrong, you need something, but not necessarily a passport. Some states (like New York) have "enhanced" drivers licenses that suffice, and you can get a border card too (Same ideas as a passport, but cheaper, and only good for land crossings into Canada/Mexico.

BTW, if anyone is seriously thinking of going, it's generally a lot cheaper to fly into Buffalo and then drive about 2 1/2 hours into Toronto. A lot of Canadians work that in reverse when flying to say, Florida.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I'll be at the game with my gf, has anyone figured out a place to meet up? I live in Montreal, it would be nice to finally meet another seahawks fan

JonRud

Reaction score
Jonrud & the wife will be there as well! Let us know where the prefunk is happening so all the Hawks fans get gather up and blast Toronto with the power of the 12.

JonRud

Reaction score
FYI - Psy is doing that Gangham style thing at halftime of the Hawks/Bills game. I had no idea what this was but now my wife is actually excited to go to the game!

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Aros":1u5x8aws said:
Man I really wish I could go. It would be a blast with such a Motley Crew.

My Son's coming into town from NJ and this time of year is nuts in our household. Otherwise, I would be all over this.

Someone take him up on the offer! You won't regret it.

Todd is like the Seahawks. Every year he talks a good game but every year he fails to show up on the road

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1s6r4c1i said:
Todd is like the Seahawks. Every year he talks a good game but every year he fails to show up on the road

LOL! ZING!

(So true).

The Radish

Reaction score
Aros":yubc62nc said:
Tech Worlds":yubc62nc said:

LOL! ZING!

(So true).

Well Todd if you weren't so cheap you would figure out a way to let Shandon go. Its much closer for him. Plus it would give him a chance to meet REAL Seahawks fans.

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
the ditch":15hsbwcu said:
The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.

Come on ditch! Nut up bro and deal with that crappy airport. We are. We would love to have ya along.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Okay.....

Does anyone know if they tailgate up there? We have to start planning on a few things. Let's make sure that any of you going to the games exchange information with myself, or mystermatt.

If one of you is local and driving to the game maybe we can tailgate if they allow it. We could all chip in for the parking, get some beer and what not.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
the ditch":20z9z5o3 said:
The problem with this is you have to go to Toronto, and also deal with Pearson airport.

Hey come on, Toronto is a great city, and our Airport is one of the nicest, typical Calgary person jealous of the only Canadian city that matters.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2yg7uvp5 said:
the ditch":2yg7uvp5 said:

Hey come on, Toronto is a great city, and our Airport is one of the nicest, typical Calgary person jealous of the only Canadian city that matters.

So the airport isn't a nightmare? Good news.

Latest posts