Baldwin

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:09 am
  • Every week I keep thinking he will be back to the money guy from last yar. Maybe this week. I get injuries but I also think he's just not in tune with RW. Some of their passes have been near-misses. This is the week he converts a few crucial 3rd and 7s.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 am
  • Would be really nice,we will need this for a playoff push.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 am
  • Rewatch the Pats game.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3200
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 am
  • It has just NOT been his year. Too many injuries and missed reps.

    He doesn't look to have anywhere near the same confidence and swagger that he did last season.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7492
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am
  • Basis4day wrote:Rewatch the Pats game.


    That's really the only game he has beena factor this season.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7492
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 am
  • He only has to average 7 catches for 115 yards per game to match last years stats.

    :chug:
    Image

    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    User avatar
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *
     
    Posts: 1597
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
    Location: Poulsbo, WA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 am
  • He dropped a crucial pass that RW put right on his hands last Sunday.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23592
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:29 pm
  • A catch for 115 yards. THAT I'd like to see!
    Image
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    User avatar
    gargantual
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1159
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
    Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 pm
  • Baldwin's injuries are a big reason for his big drop in production, but there are more factors.

    - Emphasis on run game
    - Little time to work with Wilson due to injuries

    But the biggest thing that's different this year than last for Baldwin is a healthy Rice and improved Tate. Last year Baldwin was getting 10-15 targets a game cause Rice was out, and Tate was playing like crap. This year Rice has been healthy and productive, and Tate's coming on like gangbusters.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3148
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 pm
  • Next year, when RW has a whole training camp as the starter with these guys, I think we'll see some great chemistry on the field. I think the 1/3 play time this training camp, along with injuries, really hurt them this year.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11468
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:57 pm
  • i always thought he would turn out to be one of those stokely, welker types, not blazing speed, but always open on 3rd downs.. doesn't look like he's getting the seperation he was getting last year.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3986
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:04 pm
  • I fear he simply had a special connection with T-Jack.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4629
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:26 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:I fear he simply had a special connection with T-Jack.


    No joke. The same thing worries me.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:I fear he simply had a special connection with T-Jack.


    No joke. The same thing worries me.


    Well then we should bring back TJ!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14431
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Baldwin's injuries are a big reason for his big drop in production, but there are more factors.

    - Emphasis on run game
    - Little time to work with Wilson due to injuries

    But the biggest thing that's different this year than last for Baldwin is a healthy Rice and improved Tate. Last year Baldwin was getting 10-15 targets a game cause Rice was out, and Tate was playing like crap. This year Rice has been healthy and productive, and Tate's coming on like gangbusters.


    very good point, rice was out most of last year...didn't think about that... plus isn't wilson spreading the ball around more this year, didn't he hit like 11 different recievers in miami... i don't think anyones going to have one of those 10+ catches ,150 yard games...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3986
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Next year, when RW has a whole training camp as the starter with these guys, I think we'll see some great chemistry on the field. I think the 1/3 play time this training camp, along with injuries, really hurt them this year.


    The whole "Next year we'll be great" rag just reeks of desperate fans of failing teams....true.

    But it really is true all that you said there, HawkFan72.

    Watch out next year for RW.
    :3:
    Image
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    User avatar
    gargantual
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1159
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
    Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:45 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:i always thought he would turn out to be one of those stokely, welker types, not blazing speed, but always open on 3rd downs.. doesn't look like he's getting the seperation he was getting last year.


    Yup. Was sure last year (and incredibly relieved), that we'd found our replacement for Bobby Engram.

    Man, I sure hope that wasn't wrong.

    This is just a sophomore slump. This is just a sophomore slump. This is just a sophomore slump. This is just a sophomore slump.
    (He says while rocking back 'n' forth)
    Image
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    User avatar
    gargantual
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1159
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
    Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm
  • Last year may have been his zenith.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9436
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:04 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:He dropped a crucial pass that RW put right on his hands last Sunday.


    Do you mean the incomplete pass that ended RW's streak of 16 completions? That was a difficult pass and I think Wilson was a bit too pumped and overthrew that ball. Had RW gone to his next progression with Rice crossing underneath and clearing the backers into the right flat he'd gotten a sure completion and a likely first down. The drive would have continued and a record fallen.
    Rice was wide open but by then the ball was thrown to Baldwin. RW had plenty of time but chose the difficult pass IMO.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 742
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Last year may have been his zenith.


    Bullshit. Last year proved he can play ball. He'll be back.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Last year may have been his zenith.


    Bullshit. Last year proved he can play ball. He'll be back.


    We know he can. I am just worried about his body. Dude isnt really built to take the shots.

    John Carlson comparisons come to mind. Guy that had a great ist year then went poof for reasons not really under his control.

    Oh and John... dont "bullshit" me.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9436
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm
  • Injuries and a busted grill has really neutralized Dbfresh so far but this dude is a grinder and expect him to get better if he can stay healthy.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 pm
  • He needs #15 back to rebuild his mojo. Its not like Flynn is using it.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18558
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:14 pm
  • With Rice and Tate healthy and playing well, you would expect to see Baldwin's impact on 3rd downs. Engram just caught 1st down conversions on 3rd downs when the top 2 WRs were healthy, but he was amazing at it. I would hope to see the same thing out of Baldwin; let Tate and Rice get theirs, and let Doug tear up the nickle CB on 3rd downs, and the occasional 1st down catch when we run 3 wides to confuse the defense and the nickle guy loses focus.

    The other thing is that we are actually running Miller out in routes more often, and he gets open. Russ also is actually capable of seeing the TE out in routes, unlike TJack. Miller is going to get some of Baldwin's 3rd down catchs.

    The bright side is, if Baldwin can gain most of his form back from last year, Miller can get back to his Raiders form, and Rice and Tate just stay the same, we have a pretty decent WR corps that is a strength and not a weakness. Would free up a draft spot to get a guy for the OL, OLB, 3 Tech DT, or another good Nickle CB or Safety.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3621
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:With Rice and Tate healthy and playing well, you would expect to see Baldwin's impact on 3rd downs. Engram just caught 1st down conversions on 3rd downs when the top 2 WRs were healthy, but he was amazing at it. I would hope to see the same thing out of Baldwin; let Tate and Rice get theirs, and let Doug tear up the nickle CB on 3rd downs, and the occasional 1st down catch when we run 3 wides to confuse the defense and the nickle guy loses focus.

    The other thing is that we are actually running Miller out in routes more often, and he gets open. Russ also is actually capable of seeing the TE out in routes, unlike TJack. Miller is going to get some of Baldwin's 3rd down catchs.

    The bright side is, if Baldwin can gain most of his form back from last year, Miller can get back to his Raiders form, and Rice and Tate just stay the same, we have a pretty decent WR corps that is a strength and not a weakness. Would free up a draft spot to get a guy for the OL, OLB, 3 Tech DT, or another good Nickle CB or Safety.


    Good post. I agree with everything EXCEPT I still think we need a stud WR.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7492
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Baldwin
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 pm
  • What we need is receivers that don't drop passes...
    we also need to adjust our effin offense... Clearly Miami had the # for strong power backs running up the middle but they struggled in Every package with turbin. (slight more speed different looks more runs to the outsides.)..
    Just my thoughts I could be wrong....
    but i'm not.. ;)

    I would watch the game again, but I can't bring myself to watching the sprinklers humiliate me.
    again
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    User avatar
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 706
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 am
  • His role has diminished with the improved play of Rice and Tate.If he can end up with 30-35 catches with the amount of injuries he had this year it would be a decent year.
    canzag
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 500
    Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 am


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Baldwin's injuries are a big reason for his big drop in production, but there are more factors.

    - Emphasis on run game
    - Little time to work with Wilson due to injuries

    But the biggest thing that's different this year than last for Baldwin is a healthy Rice and improved Tate. Last year Baldwin was getting 10-15 targets a game cause Rice was out, and Tate was playing like crap. This year Rice has been healthy and productive, and Tate's coming on like gangbusters.

    !!^This^!!,,, he HAD to carry the load, because who else did Jackson have??
    This Year, he's just one of many targets.
    I believe he'll prove his worth next Season when he and Wilson have some time to get all the bugs worked out.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3569
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:51 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Last year may have been his zenith.


    Bullshit. Last year proved he can play ball. He'll be back.


    Unusual passion from 'storian, I like it! :th2thumbs:

    I see elements of truth in both sides of the arguement from a production perspective. Last year we had no consistent treat at WR other than Baldwin. BMW was banged up, and his role in our offense has always been a limited one. Tate was very unreliable with anything but jump balls, and Rice was banged up for most of the season. When it came WRs we had no 'go to' guys other than Baldwin. Fast forward to this season and we have a healthy Sidney Rice, Tate in a breakout season and Zach Miller actually free to run routes occasionally...in an offense that really doesn't feature WRs.

    If one adds-in Baldwins slow start because of injuries and the fact that he has been replacing older injuries with new ones as they heal, coming close to what he accomplished last season becomes extremely difficult.

    I think he'll make a comeback of sorts next season -injuries permitting. One thing for sure is he won't have the dark horse status to enjoy anymore. He will be competing for looks from RW though and should normally be the second or third read for most plays.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2634
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 am
  • Another problem with Baldwin is that we have no true outside receiver opposite Rice, and two slot receivers in Baldwin and Tate.

    Baldwin's a good story, undrafted, great first year, etc.........but the fact is once we upgrade the other outside receiver position next year (and we better Pete!), there will be even less balls for Baldwin cause he's going to be sharing time with Tate in the slot, or having an even more reduced roll ala Obamanu if Tate continues to grow and produce.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3148
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:26 am
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:He dropped a crucial pass that RW put right on his hands last Sunday.


    Do you mean the incomplete pass that ended RW's streak of 16 completions? That was a difficult pass and I think Wilson was a bit too pumped and overthrew that ball. Had RW gone to his next progression with Rice crossing underneath and clearing the backers into the right flat he'd gotten a sure completion and a likely first down. The drive would have continued and a record fallen.
    Rice was wide open but by then the ball was thrown to Baldwin. RW had plenty of time but chose the difficult pass IMO.


    I disagree with the "overthrew the ball" bit. The ball wasn't overthrown. It was thrown in a spot where he could get it. He got his hands on it. It's just the difficulty of the catch was like a 8-9 on a scale of 10. Alot of great WR would have failed to make that over the shoulder catch. It would have been a spectacular play if he could have hauled it in. Too bad I was hoping to see him break the Seahawks record.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2411
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm
  • Dougie fresh will bounce back, cant keep DB down fo eva!
    User avatar
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am
    Location: LA


Re: Baldwin
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 pm
  • Baldwin at least deserves the patience Tate has received

    I have never seen the kind of catches Tate is capable of in a Seahawk's uniform. Baldwin also seemed to perform better with a chip on his shoulder. Honestly, I think the Hawks as a whole are at a similar point like they were last year. They seemed to put a big resounding focus on the run and make it about team identity. I think with Wilson in as QB its becoming a similar question about identity
    Image
    User avatar
    madbohem
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am


Re: Baldwin
Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:24 pm
  • He made some clutch grabs today!
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Baldwin
Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm
  • Good game for Mr. Fresh.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14431
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North




It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information