That Miami game was the first time, in years,

Twisted

Reaction score
I juss fummeled my pizza, the dog picked it up and ran with it, he SCORED!

smashmouth59

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1cl8d7xa said:
kearly":1cl8d7xa said:
I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year.

7ea9986decccf2d688883c86ba536dfe69ad7111_m.jpg

Oh my god. Thanks for that Montana. That sh%$ is funny.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Yeah for some reason this one stung. I was pissed as hell and just felt dejected. Usually I'd watch the morning, afternoon, and Sunday night game. But after this loss I just shut the TV off. Didn't even bother watching the Monday Night game either. I almost felt like I'd had enough of football. Then news of the Sherm and Browner suspensions and now the Earl Thomas fine. It just keeps getting better!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Largent80":1y4qr5ei said:
I agree Ryan. This loss was 2nd on my list of most sickening. And to me, it isn't all on Pete, but shared between all the coaches and players. It truly was a dreadful display of many aspects of the team.

I'm not even sure if a win in Chi-town vindicates that woeful display of ineptness.

Bullcrap! Winning cures all. Every damn crybaby here will be dancing and chanting in the streets SEAHAWKS! SEAHAWKS! SEAHAWKS!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Had a couple of Makers Mark shots and got to looking at stats. I think, Pe, is on to something.

The offense is ranked #27 total.

Wilson is #12 (93.9) in rating and Lynch is #3 (1051 yds).

Something is out of whack.

By comparison, Houston has Foster at #2 (1064 yds), Schaub at #9 (94.4) yet they are #3 in total offense.

They are 10-1. We are 6-5. We have a top 5 D, they are #6.

/makes another Makers on the rocks and awaits your answers

uncle fester

Reaction score
Good to see a healthy degree of sarcasm & black humour has returned to .net following the Sunday/Monday meltdown...

MontanaHawk05":nbojeo2w said:
kearly":nbojeo2w said:

But ^^^this^^^ THIS should win some sort of award! Are there end-of-year .net awards for best posts?!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2g72sq1f said:
kearly":2g72sq1f said:

Oh c'mon, we all saw kearly's pre-season paean to Russell Wilson before he'd even played a single game. To sum up my feeling when I saw it:

be7.jpg

the ditch

Reaction score
This loss took a lot out of me, wrote in the the Bears score prediction thread a little about it. This season had a lot of promise I definitely thought our defense would be a top 5, Wilson looked exciting. I was running the Seattle marathon listening to the game on the radio, we had the lead in the fourth quarter but Miami was running all over us and we ended up losing, took all the wind out of my sails. This game and the Detroit game, we were the better team, we were favourites on paper and we fell short. I don't know what it is about road games that we just can't win, maybe it's the travel, who knows but we can't win on the road even games we are favourites.

So we go into Soldier Field where we most likely lose the game, sit at 0.500 with 4 games left. I haven't played around with any of the playoff simulators yet but we will need to be 9-7 or 10-6 to get a wildcard, so that's winning 3 of our last 4 games which would be tough for anyone regardless of home/away.

I don't really know what to make of this team at this point, maybe Sunday night I'm rambling on about how great they looked and being 7-5 with 4 games left etc, this team is the most schizophrenic consistent team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1z4s044e said:
Had a couple of Makers Mark shots and got to looking at stats. I think, Pe, is on to something.

The offense is ranked #27 total.

Wilson is #12 (93.9) in rating and Lynch is #3 (1051 yds).

Something is out of whack.

Wilson is also 26th overall in passing yards and averages 186 yards a game. Rating is highly overrated. He's making a lot of safe throws (which is good you don't want him to turn it over obviously), but they're playing very conservative.

That likely falls more on the play-calling than the player. They need to take the chains off this guy and ride or die with him. The fact they didn't do that against a Miami defense that is now 26th overall against the pass, is mind blowing.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
pehawk":1qca9m7r said:
A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

Becoming a contender is right there, in front of them, if they so choose.

I’m still just as pissed.

I cant pinpoint exactly what is was about this game, other than I am always pissed after a loss, this one made me question why I put my heart and soul into this team. Shoot, it's Thursday and I am just now able to start thinking about the Hawks again, the performance was that deplorable. I had to have set a record and kicked more people off my bus this week. My regulars know not to talk about the Hawks after a loss, but even talking about the NFL would have earned you an ejection. The way the secondary was carved up after half time, you'd think the BB and RS were told of their suspensions during half-time. And Tru, I love ya man, but you'll never get anywhere just following a receiver around the field.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pete shared his thoughts in Wednesday's presser.
He says " I looked back at last week and there were some chances where we could have thrown the ball a little bit more, we really thought we were going to win the football game the way we were playing it and making sure we didn't give them a chance to win it, and uh, but, by the way he was playing and you look back and you completed 16 in a row and all that, there was no reason not to keep throwing it in that regard..."

He says there are no restrictions on Wilson right now.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1uudubxc said:
He says " I looked back at last week and there were some chances where we could have thrown the ball a little bit more, we really thought we were going to win the football game the way we were playing it and making sure we didn't give them a chance to win it, and uh, but, by the way he was playing and you look back and you completed 16 in a row and all that, there was no reason not to keep throwing it in that regard..."

There better not be. Wilson is going to have to be at his best for us to make the playoffs. He's also going to need to be at his best if Lynch is going to run over opposing defenses over the next 5 games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3cyqad9e said:
Scottemojo":3cyqad9e said:

There better not be. Wilson is going to have to be at his best for us to make the playoffs. He's also going to need to be at his best if Lynch is going to run over opposing defenses over the next 5 games.
Agree though I seriously question Pete's truthfulness. But yeah like Sarlacc83 said, there better not be any restrictions on Russ. Bills run D is the only soft one left on the schedule.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bevell's presser yesterday was less revealing. One reporter asked if they would open it up more, and Bevell kind of mocked the question, because it really is not specific enough. Opening up the passing game really is a blatantly dumb question. I think it was Ventrella who asked it. Bevell eventually ended up at "we aren't the Patriots", which isn't really an answer either.

I would have preferred somebody ask why the insistence on running on first down when it was clear that the Fins were keyed on it, but nobody did. Or ask how much audible freedom Wilson has, but our Seattle football media is not tough enough to ask those questions.

I don't think Seattle has the pass block personnel or the down field talent to be a team that passes to set up the run, so I understand the Patriots reference. But I do get the sense that the personnel groupings really do lock our offense into certain play calls. It's pretty hard to audible to a pass call when you are running 2 tight end sets or single tights with 2 backs, particularly when our offensive rhythm is so concentrated on running clock.

I will be monitoring this situation closely.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":219nomnc said:
Bevell's presser yesterday was less revealing. One reporter asked if they would open it up more, and Bevell kind of mocked the question, because it really is not specific enough. Opening up the passing game really is a blatantly dumb question. I think it was Ventrella who asked it. Bevell eventually ended up at "we aren't the Patriots", which isn't really an answer either.

I would have preferred somebody ask why the insistence on running on first down when it was clear that the Fins were keyed on it, but nobody did. Or ask how much audible freedom Wilson has, but our Seattle football media is not tough enough to ask those questions.

I don't think Seattle has the pass block personnel or the down field talent to be a team that passes to set up the run, so I understand the Patriots reference. But I do get the sense that the personnel groupings really do lock our offense into certain play calls. It's pretty hard to audible to a pass call when you are running 2 tight end sets or single tights with 2 backs, particularly when our offensive rhythm is so concentrated on running clock.

There's a happy medium between throwing it 60 times a game like the Pats, and the paltry 20-25 times a game like we do.

Sounds like Bevell's a little butthurt over continually being criticized with how predictable and run oriented our offense is, so he's being crusty in his press conferences. No we're not the Patriots, nor do we have the personnel to be..........but that doesn't mean the offense can't be more dynamic and less predictable.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
pehawk":3jsll47q said:
Scottemojo":3jsll47q said:
I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

It is really the first time I have thought Pete was all wrong in his approach to a game. It felt like he was trying to win a boxing match by proving his chin was the strongest.

Thats why I'm scared. It was okay when Lynch was the best player on the team. Now, Wilson's the best player on the Seahawks. Im not sure if Pete expected that or knows how to utilize that.

Damn well said Pe. You have reduced the angst I feel about this developing season in one paragraph. I really don't think Pete, with as much faith as he claims to have in Wilson, was really quite ready to have him progress as fast as it would seem he has. Let's hope all parties concerned put their heads together and start maximizing our potential before it's too late.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":399jpctt said:
pehawk":399jpctt said:
Scottemojo":399jpctt said:
I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

It is really the first time I have thought Pete was all wrong in his approach to a game. It felt like he was trying to win a boxing match by proving his chin was the strongest.

Thats why I'm scared. It was okay when Lynch was the best player on the team. Now, Wilson's the best player on the Seahawks. Im not sure if Pete expected that or knows how to utilize that.

Damn well said Pe. You have reduced the angst I feel about this developing season in one paragraph. I really don't think Pete, with as much faith as he claims to have in Wilson, was really quite ready to have him progress as fast as it would seem he has. Let's hope all parties concerned put their heads together and start maximizing our potential before it's too late.

I have a minor disagreement here. I think Pete is ecstatic that Wilson is progressing like he is. Lets face it, if all they wanted was a ball control dinker and dunker, we signed that guy from the Packers. They didn't start him because they saw Wilson's potential, right? That potential has just arrived a bit quicker than they thought it would. I can actually understand a little reluctance to believe what you are seeing on the field, and with that would come some reluctance to turn it loose. When Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl, he was still pretty under Belickick's thumb as far as playcalling went. It takes some time to know you can just turn your offense over to a young QB. I think that is kind of what Pliny is saying too.

My concern is more for next year, and the years beyond. Some pretty good coaches have been undone because they don't give up control as their QB grows. Pete hates turnovers more than cancer, so giving a QB room to grow is going to be hard for him.

I think there is still a little bit of overprotectiveness too. Pete has staked a lot of his reputation on the Russell Wilson (he is too short) gamble, so turning the little guy loose has some risk to it.