The Seahawks also look tired

pehawk

Reaction score
They just look out of shape too. Especially the defense. Their conditioning seems to fail, without fail, in the 4th quarter.

This could get bad, quickly.

DericLee

Reaction score
Seems to me that playcalling is what fails them in the 4th quarter, not conditioning.

...actually haven't seen anything to make me even think it's conditioning that is the problem....

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
That ET penalty, subsequent TD, and then lack of chance to rest because of the Leon TD seemed to just take it out of the D. They just fell apart after that.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":36j4rf9j said:
They just look out of shape too. Especially the defense. Their conditioning seems to fail, without fail, in the 4th quarter.

And Russell Wilson is Short. He'll never win a game ever.[/color]

edited by radish for language attacking poster rather than post.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Tired? After a bye week? I don't think so. Not unless they were taking their talents to South Beach on Saturday night. Wouldn't be the first time. I do worry about Mebane, however. He has been asked to carry this run defense all year, IMO.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DericLee":3qn8u1vn said:
Seems to me that playcalling is what fails them in the 4th quarter, not conditioning.

...actually haven't seen anything to make me even think it's conditioning that is the problem....

THIS.

They are going to zone coverage late in games when their D is built to play press man. It's so frustrating to see this EVERY GAME.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
rideaducati":26mexa6h said:
DericLee":26mexa6h said:

THIS.

They are going to zone coverage late in games when their D is built to play press man. It's so frustrating to see this EVERY GAME.

And maybe double the slot receiver and let BB and Sherm do their thing on the outside?

SirTed

Reaction score
pehawk":3le8pcfo said:

I agree.

I thought in the Miami game that it had more to do with Pete or Bevell deciding to play such a conservative game on offense. In particular, we had a couple of chances to extend drives around mid field by going for it on 4th, and in both cases we decided to play it conservative.

I don't want this to turn into a bash / defend PC or Bevell thread - but it got me thinking - could this be an unforeseen side effect of playing so conservatively with the offense that the defense see A LOT more plays on the field throughout the year?

It's mysterious, that's for sure. It's mostly young guys, and I can't think of a reason they should be so tired.

Also - I think Red must be really hurting. I can't think of the last time I even heard his name called on the field.

hawker84

Reaction score
seems like wrong play calling at crucial times, and the simple fact we're a few pieces short player wise from being elite... also doensn't seem like they make all the necessary adjustments when needed, on both sides of the ball...

nanomoz

Reaction score
I agree, especially the run defense. Part of it is that mebane wears down, and branch isn't effective as consistently in that role. Branch is super when not double teamed, but....

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1yxk143b said:
pehawk":1yxk143b said:

And Russell Wilson is Short. He'll never win a game ever.[/color]

edited by radish for language attacking poster rather than post.

C'mon Radish. He didn't attack the poster. He rambled a bit, the post made no sense, and you've actually made his post appear better than it actually was with your edit.

Let it breathe brother Les.

Largent80

Reaction score
In the first half in Miami, the offense only had 2....TWO.....TWO first downs. So, how many minutes did the defense spend on the field in the heat in the 1st half?.

Enough to wear them out for when it counted in the 4th quarter.

Twisted

Reaction score
pehawk":39qn1zif said:

I noticed that too, even the defense was getting off the ball slow, no speed in their step? offense too.. everyone appeared sluggish? tryptophan?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
All, apparently I'm stupid and that was me reaching for criticism. Basis will be gunning for ya.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Why was Basis' post edited? Didn't seem to break any rules as far as I could tell. Curious.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":2696z9qx said:
All, apparently I'm stupid and that was me reaching for criticism. Basis will be gunning for ya.

Actually no, I never called you stupid.

Zebulon Dak":2696z9qx said:
Why was Basis' post edited? Didn't seem to break any rules as far as I could tell. Curious.

Admin made a judgement call. We pm'd. It's over. No worries.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
James Carpenter had his hands on his hips after about two snaps. Evidently, exercise is very bad for concussions.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
FIRE THE STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite yearly scapegoat.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pehawk":2o5e6yg7 said:

You listened to 710ESPN radio today.