Baldwin

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Every week I keep thinking he will be back to the money guy from last yar. Maybe this week. I get injuries but I also think he's just not in tune with RW. Some of their passes have been near-misses. This is the week he converts a few crucial 3rd and 7s.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It has just NOT been his year. Too many injuries and missed reps.

He doesn't look to have anywhere near the same confidence and swagger that he did last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Baldwin's injuries are a big reason for his big drop in production, but there are more factors.

- Emphasis on run game
- Little time to work with Wilson due to injuries

But the biggest thing that's different this year than last for Baldwin is a healthy Rice and improved Tate. Last year Baldwin was getting 10-15 targets a game cause Rice was out, and Tate was playing like crap. This year Rice has been healthy and productive, and Tate's coming on like gangbusters.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Next year, when RW has a whole training camp as the starter with these guys, I think we'll see some great chemistry on the field. I think the 1/3 play time this training camp, along with injuries, really hurt them this year.

hawker84

Reaction score
i always thought he would turn out to be one of those stokely, welker types, not blazing speed, but always open on 3rd downs.. doesn't look like he's getting the seperation he was getting last year.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":phic6lvu said:
Baldwin's injuries are a big reason for his big drop in production, but there are more factors.

- Emphasis on run game
- Little time to work with Wilson due to injuries

But the biggest thing that's different this year than last for Baldwin is a healthy Rice and improved Tate. Last year Baldwin was getting 10-15 targets a game cause Rice was out, and Tate was playing like crap. This year Rice has been healthy and productive, and Tate's coming on like gangbusters.

very good point, rice was out most of last year...didn't think about that... plus isn't wilson spreading the ball around more this year, didn't he hit like 11 different recievers in miami... i don't think anyones going to have one of those 10+ catches ,150 yard games...

gargantual

Reaction score
HawkFan72":252l5f70 said:
Next year, when RW has a whole training camp as the starter with these guys, I think we'll see some great chemistry on the field. I think the 1/3 play time this training camp, along with injuries, really hurt them this year.

The whole "Next year we'll be great" rag just reeks of desperate fans of failing teams....true.

But it really is true all that you said there, HawkFan72.

Watch out next year for RW.
:3:

gargantual

Reaction score
hawker84":3fqg1e8k said:
i always thought he would turn out to be one of those stokely, welker types, not blazing speed, but always open on 3rd downs.. doesn't look like he's getting the seperation he was getting last year.

Yup. Was sure last year (and incredibly relieved), that we'd found our replacement for Bobby Engram.

Man, I sure hope that wasn't wrong.

This is just a sophomore slump. This is just a sophomore slump. This is just a sophomore slump. This is just a sophomore slump.
(He says while rocking back 'n' forth)

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Largent80":19sihr3w said:
He dropped a crucial pass that RW put right on his hands last Sunday.

Do you mean the incomplete pass that ended RW's streak of 16 completions? That was a difficult pass and I think Wilson was a bit too pumped and overthrew that ball. Had RW gone to his next progression with Rice crossing underneath and clearing the backers into the right flat he'd gotten a sure completion and a likely first down. The drive would have continued and a record fallen.
Rice was wide open but by then the ball was thrown to Baldwin. RW had plenty of time but chose the difficult pass IMO.

Latest posts