Hey all you optimists

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":25iddeu6 said:
Were all fans here and that is all well and good.

But as a precursor to the inevitable we should beat down Chicago statements and we have this in the bag, or they have not played us with these guys and Russell Wilson at the helm and we will kill them or we have way better talent then they do and will crush them. Or they are decimated by injuries and no way have a chance in hell.

But please put that in a deep fricken hole, throw some dirt on it, kill a goat and pour the blood over the hole, light a insence and say the name of every player to ever where a Seahawks uniform, then rub the tainted dirt all over your body and find a football feild to run naked in from goal post to goal post.

If you then still feel the need to make such a post it will be punished by the Radish singing Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch me to you.

Edited for the petty and self-righteous people that feel the need to disparage people for typos.
Does Radish know the words to Science Fiction Double Feature? What would I have to do to get him to sing it?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
themunn":o6k8mk6j said:
What's the point in being a sports fan if you go into a game worried you might not win.

I go into EVERY game thinking we're going to crush the opposition, that's what fandom is all about.
Put the 2009 Seahawks up against the 2007 Patriots and I'd STILL go into the game saying we were going to win.

Where's the fun in expecting a loss? It's not like my overconfidence will ever affect the way the team plays

You are an it getter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
themunn":2tabhlcx said:
Where's the fun in expecting a loss? It's not like my overconfidence will ever affect the way the team plays

It's the letdown factor. If I expect a win (like I did in the Arizona, St. Louis and Miami games), then I'm more pissed off after. If I expect a loss (like I did in the Patriot game), then the only emotional outcome is good.

So yeah, your expectations don't affect the team.........buy they do affect you. Why would I go in expecting wins when the Hawks aren't favored, all it can lead to is a letdown. I'd rather be realistic.........doesn't mean I'm not ROOTING for a win, but I'm not going to blindly expect one either.