My 12th Man Brethren... Please help me settle a $ bet.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Who would you rather have as the Seahawks' starting QB right now?

Russell Wilson
96%
Matt Flynn
4%

Total votes : 138

• Please... Just bare with me.

This is NOT a Russell Wilson/Matt Flynn debate. I made a bet with another Seahawks fan and I just need you to vote. There doesn't need to be a dialogue, just a one word answer.

This question and options are self-explanatory.

Thanks to all who participate... I'll give the particulars after the vote is over! I need 100 replies.
    TCHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• First name: Russell
    Last name: Wilson.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• RW ftw
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• I think the bet must be that you can actually get people to vote for Matt Flynn. Some sort of over-under. My guess is 10% will vote for Flynn just to be a pain ih your ass. In fact.....

*edit* I changed my vote back to RW. Wouldn't want you to lose $20 on my account.
    Last edited by Hawkstorian on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    * NET Staff *

• Voted because I'm curious where this goes.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• 49er fan here, and I voted for Matt Flynn. :D
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• Thanks to all who have voted so far, but I do need to ask to take this seriously... Please only vote if you're a Seahawks fan and don't guess where this is going. Please vote for your real choice as a Seahawks fan... I got money riding on a number for RW3 and that's all I can say at this point, and it's a very high number of votes that I need for him...
    TCHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Damn, I better cancel the bet. It's a bit tainted right now and that's no one's fault, but this is too tough to do on a message board.

I have a couple buddies at work who want RW3 benched in favor of Flynn because he is a "stupid rookie who makes stupid mistakes."

So I flexed and offered up a bet. I bet that 95 percent of Hawk fans would rather have RW3 under center than Flynn, and the bet amount was $20. But I've already had a Niner fan vote here and someone else who voted for Flynn just because. It's all good, it just won't work.

It does baffle me that I actually respected these clowns who I know who want Flynn to start. Laughable...
    TCHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Your buddies are idiots. (I can say that since they aren't .NET members). :D

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:49er fan here, and I voted for Matt Flynn. :D

So then you would vote for Alex Smith over Kaepernick? To me they are very similar scenarios (though SMith is alot mroe of a known commodity than Flynn.). Wilson and Kaepernick have much higher ceilings than Flynn and Smith, but The 2 vets have the experience factor going for them. They are efficient but not really game changers.

Wilson is much more dynamic than Flynn, to me there's no question as to who the starter should be.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:49er fan here, and I voted for Matt Flynn. :D

So then you would vote for Alex Smith over Kaepernick? It's the same sort of scenario. Wilson and Kaepernick have much higher ceilings than Flynn and Smith, but they are the "seasoned" vets who will be efficient but not maximize the talents on offense.

Wilson is much more dynamic than Flynn, to me there's no question as to who the should be.

No he wants Flynn in there because Wilson is THAT DUDE! They scurred!!!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• We really don't know the answer to this, since Flynn hasn't played. Hard to imagine him being as dynamic, poised, and unique as Wilson though.

I hope Flynn gets a chance somewhere else to start. So it's not awkward, I really hope its an AFC team or at a minimum he doesn't go to AZ.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• 56-2 for Wilson. 97%
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:49er fan here, and I voted for Matt Flynn. :D

So then you would vote for Alex Smith over Kaepernick? It's the same sort of scenario. Wilson and Kaepernick have much higher ceilings than Flynn and Smith, but they are the "seasoned" vets who will be efficient but not maximize the talents on offense.

Wilson is much more dynamic than Flynn, to me there's no question as to who the should be.

No he wants Flynn in there because Wilson is THAT DUDE! They scurred!!!!!

Basically that. Although with our defense I'm not "scurred." But Wilson brings a ton more to the table than Flynn, and he will only get better.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• I was a Flynn guy when the battle for the starting job was going on. But at this point RW has proven to be a stellar student of the game with all the physical skills to do the job. Sure he is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes and that mistake in the Miami game was an example. But he makes so few rookie mistakes and he does not repeat those same mistakes. Allowing him to finish out the season will only solidify the process which is a good thing for the future of this team.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• C, the answer is always C.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Right now at 101 votes, 95% picked Wilson.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I am amazed that there are votes for Flynn at this point.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• I wanna see what was the reason for this, and what the hell the bet was?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Enjoy your winnings. :th2thumbs:
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

• I think Flynn won
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• still suprises me how frequently niner fans surf our board.... hope i'm around long enough to see some epic battles between us and them in the years to come, with RW at the helm of course...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:still suprises me how frequently niner fans surf our board.... hope i'm around long enough to see some epic battles between us and them in the years to come, with RW at the helm of course...

Yeah, I don't get it. I've never gone to a 49ers board or website of any kind at any time for any reason. I don't find the idea that appealing.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• With ninnir fans its their worry that everyone else thinks they have the best ever all the time.

The fact they mostly only show up when they are winning while disappearing for the 10 years they were losers is typical of Bay Area residents.

They have to brag even if the only thing they have to brag about are SB wins from when most of them were to young to drive cars.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information