Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Da Bears)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":27x7sp9x said:
We are going to get absolutely taken to the wood shed. Gashed all day long.

The niners embarrased these guys, we will be embarrased by them. The gap between our teams is immense.

We are a prideful team that just got kicked in the balls. We are a dangerous team when motivated. We will bash the Bears and make them beg for mercy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Bears' offensive philosophy (i.e. feed off turnovers) is massively overrated. So is Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy. Chicago will stop the run, force Seattle to depend on the pass, and PC won't do it.

I agree with Scotte that Earl Thomas will get a pick; Jay Cutler loves to target single high coverage with Brandon Marshall, but our corners will take Marshall out and no single high safety Cutler has faced this year is as rangy as Earl. And his O-line is currently just as patchwork as Seattle's, giving our D-line a chance to atone for Miami.

In a Carolina-style performance, we play frustrating vanilla football but eke out another Soldier Field win.

Chicago 13
Seattle 17

RTD: 4-7

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but same ole same ole on the road, we'll be in it until the 4th quarter and give it away at the end.

Bears 20
Hawks 16

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
A banged up Bears team will try like hell to hand us the game, and we'll find a new, creative way to hand it right back.

Seahawks 17
Bears 24

Bakergirl

Reaction score
This game is as close to a must win as we are going to see this season. This team is going to fight for it.

Seahawks 27 Bears 21

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This team is incapable of beating a decent team on the road. The Bears are better than decent.

Seattle Seahawks 17
Chicago Bears 27

Banedon

Reaction score
Bears fan here. Won't be offended if you dismiss this prediction. :)

The Bears wins have all been big this season. Only two of their wins have come by less than two TD's. One was Carolina (Steve Smith absolutely kills us every single time), and the other was a 6 point win over Detroit. Cutler was dinged up in the 2nd half of that game after getting completely crushed by Suh, and it affected playcalling down the stretch.

I said this on a 49ers message board on the week of the 49ers game, and it goes for the Seahawks as well. For the Seahawks to win, the first quarter is very important. The Bears play their worst football in the first quarter. Cutler is bad in the first quarter usually, and it takes the offense a while to find much traction (if they ever do). If the Seahawks can take advantage and get ahead, they'll be in good shape.

However, the Bears defense, most of the time, covers for the offensive struggles, and gets an early turnover or two to allow for some cheap points. The Bears play very well from ahead. Cutler and the offense are very good at piling it on when they have a lead. If the Seahawks are down early, they'll be in trouble.

Looks like we're going to be missing two O-lineman for the game, but the O-line has been pretty bad all season, so no huge loss.

I'm picking the Bears big, but it's mostly because of the Seahawks road troubles. I'd have much more trouble with my prediction if the game was in Seattle. I think the Bears win by a couple of TD's and a FG. 31-14

Uffda

Reaction score
Since it's a road game.... Hawks are ahead in the 4th then with 2 minutes left, the bears move freely down the field and score to win.

Unless Hawks are up by more then 7, they lose. Just a guess based on every road game this year.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Banedon":17pqq9ml said:
Bears fan here. Won't be offended if you dismiss this prediction. :)

The Bears wins have all been big this season. Only two of their wins have come by less than two TD's. One was Carolina (Steve Smith absolutely kills us every single time), and the other was a 6 point win over Detroit. Cutler was dinged up in the 2nd half of that game after getting completely crushed by Suh, and it affected playcalling down the stretch.

I said this on a 49ers message board on the week of the 49ers game, and it goes for the Seahawks as well. For the Seahawks to win, the first quarter is very important. The Bears play their worst football in the first quarter. Cutler is bad in the first quarter usually, and it takes the offense a while to find much traction (if they ever do). If the Seahawks can take advantage and get ahead, they'll be in good shape.

However, the Bears defense, most of the time, covers for the offensive struggles, and gets an early turnover or two to allow for some cheap points. The Bears play very well from ahead. Cutler and the offense are very good at piling it on when they have a lead. If the Seahawks are down early, they'll be in trouble.

Looks like we're going to be missing two O-lineman for the game, but the O-line has been pretty bad all season, so no huge loss.

I'm picking the Bears big, but it's mostly because of the Seahawks road troubles. I'd have much more trouble with my prediction if the game was in Seattle. I think the Bears win by a couple of TD's and a FG. 31-14

Did you also predict the same score for the 9er game?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2yad3ash said:
The Bears' offensive philosophy (i.e. feed off turnovers) is massively overrated. So is Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy. Chicago will stop the run, force Seattle to depend on the pass, and PC won't do it.

You know, I debated with you before over Carroll's willingness to be flexible. I think we might have been talking about him molding his philosophy to allow for a different sort of QB to run the team (probably in a larger discussion about the merits of Ryan Mallett or something). I recall saying that I thought Carroll would be flexible, but I can't recall my reasoning.

The Miami game was the first real time I worried that you were probably right. I could dismiss the lack of flexibility early on this season as we broke in a rookie QB as just part of the process of easing his transition. But Wilson was hot in the Dolphins game, and I believe he could have done more had the coaches put the game more on his shoulders.

I guess here's the part where I hope that the Miami game was a bit of a wake-up call for the entire team, players and coaches alike. Players, you're confident and that's good, but you're not so good that you can take an opponent for granted and half-ass it out there. Coaches, you need to do a better job of making in-game adjustments to take advantage of the realities of the game rather than sticking stubbornly to a script.

To the Banedon, the Bears fan, I understand your reasoning but some trend is going to have to give this year. The Bears may win big, but Seattle just doesn't lose big this season. They keep games close and take them down to the wire. The only games where that hasn't been true are against the Cowboys and Jets, where Seattle won big. Every single loss Seattle's had was by 7 or less, and every one of them was close in the 4th quarter. Your Bears may win, but don't be surprised if it's by a late FG.

Banedon

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3htdn3gj said:
Did you also predict the same score for the 9er game?

Heh, I didn't actually predict a score on that one. I did predict a win, but I wasn't very confident about it, and predicted it'd be a close game. Oops.

That was a bad game, no doubt about it.