Earl Thomas fined 15k for "hit" on Tannehill

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":tnrjra1k said:
this one is on merton hanks, not goodell.

Hanks initiates the fine, but I'm sure Goodell signs off on it, so yeah, Goodell deserves to get dumped on. He's going to ruin this beautiful game.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
The fine is total BS. Basically re-affirms refs can throw a flag for anything.

Bigpumpkin":2ivzitua said:
We are witnessing the demise of the NFL before our eyes. There are several posters on this message board who might well write several paragraphs on this subject. Once we start down that "path"...there is no stopping.

Sadly, I think you are right. Makes it pointless to even build a defense anymore. While my love for the seahawks has increased, I am becoming less of a fan of the NFL overall.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why not just make a 2 yard rule around QB's. Just if you're within 2 yards of the QB he's down, that way he never gets hit, touched or breathed on.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1x6ctzx8 said:
This is ludicrous. Ridiculously ludicrous. I feel like the first dominoes are falling in my breakup with the NFL. Sad really

Amen. This is why I watch way more college ball these days. The NFL has too many damn rules. No hits to the head, no hits below the knees, roughing the QB, pass interference a spotted foul, etc. In college they let them play more and the defense gets away with more. Its just more balanced. The pro's is more geared to supplement the offenses and give the offenses an advantage. When is the last time you saw an offensive player called for helmet to helmet, face mask, or the rarely called pass interference? You can't tell me the offensive players don't committ those fouls too.

/Rant Over

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
If Goodell had it his way you'd be forced to tenderly caress the QB to the ground like you were lowering a beautiful woman into a bed of freshly picked rise petals.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anyone wonder why all of a sudden the fines, calls on us, the sudden testing and findings of drugs and attention has been on the extreme negitive since that 49er game?

samwize77

Reaction score
If I ever meet Ole Roger, I'm gonna shake his hand!!! Then I'm gonna have him arrested for assault because he squeezed to hard!!!

Bakergirl

Reaction score
The sad thing is Earl could have spent twice the money and just kicked Tannehill in the junk to get him to drop the ball. That is the joke that has become the penalty and fine system in the NFL.

Twisted

Reaction score
JKent82":297d90st said:
Yay NFL!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...riticizes-nfl-on-twitter?campaign=Twitter_atl

Pretty sad they still went and fined him for it. There's something wrong with the process. Anybody have a .gif of the "hit"? It was like the least malicious thing ever.

ok good people this is where you explain to me how the NFL is NOT trying to push the niners into the superbowl and hold back any team that poses a threat, drug tests? fines? sure I'm just paranoid.. lol

I've seen way worse hits from niners that didn't even draw a flag..

gonna say it again, "the league is a JOKE in terms of officiating and rules"

there's a huge problem with the officiating and penalties especially when it comes to CONSISTENCY!!!

but just be quiet about it people, sit down like good little sheep and ignore the corruption and bias, after all its good for you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is utter bullshit.
What is stupid is that Earl could have t-boned him in the ribcage and just destroyed him and he would get no fine at all.

sutz

Reaction score
Have they fined him for the tweet yet? Can't have the players criticizing the league now.

Only partly :sarcasm_off: .

:229031_shrug:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Goodell = ass#ole

No helmet to helmet.....Bad call by the 'REGULAR" Refs, getting amplified to nonsense......NoGoodell is a dumb shit.

gargantual

Reaction score
chris98251":2n2dr2f5 said:
Anyone wonder why all of a sudden the fines, calls on us, the sudden testing and findings of drugs and attention has been on the extreme negitive since that 49er game?
This thought actually occurred to me and then I immediately dismissed it as paranoid.

I don't think it's paranoia to notice how big market teams and the east coast in general tend to have things "mysteriously" fall their way, like them getting scheduling considerations for traveling to play westward when West Coast teams have ALWAYS had to contend with that problem (albeit in the opposite direction).

A lot of people, and not just Packers fans, are still real pissed about that simultaneous catch ruling, which may be something else to throw into this whole bubbling cauldron...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is sickening, I cannot find the words. Are they high? What the hell? This league office is a travesty, they are wiping their asses with the game I love. Where did these morons come from and why are they running the NFL? They have zero idea what this game is about nor do they care about what has made football the sport in America for decades, this league is becoming an absolute joke.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Twisted":2wuwwzjl said:
JKent82":2wuwwzjl said:
Yay NFL!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...riticizes-nfl-on-twitter?campaign=Twitter_atl

Pretty sad they still went and fined him for it. There's something wrong with the process. Anybody have a .gif of the "hit"? It was like the least malicious thing ever.

ok good people this is where you explain to me how the NFL is NOT trying to push the niners into the superbowl and hold back any team that poses a threat, drug tests? fines? sure I'm just paranoid.. lol

I've seen way worse hits from niners that didn't even draw a flag..

gonna say it again, "the league is a JOKE in terms of officiating and rules"

there's a huge problem with the officiating and penalties especially when it comes to CONSISTENCY!!!

but just be quiet about it people, sit down like good little sheep and ignore the corruption and bias, after all its good for you.

I had that thought today about how convienient they come after the two best corners in the league, just in time for the playoffs.Then give the best free safety in the league a ridiculous fine for not being able to stop himself in midair.

dunceface

Reaction score
I'm throwing up right now because of this.
This shit is getting so ridiculous that it makes me want to fly to Good ell's office and kill him with a dull butter knife.

Reaction score
The worst part about this, that I haven't seen anybody else mention, its that it in effect cheapens the impact of actual malicious hits by making this hit somehow equivalent to those hits.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Roger Goodell is not to blame. If you want to blame anybody blame all the ex players who are suiing the NFL for billions. They're the reason that the league is so ultra sensitive.

Personally, I dont care about the "pussification" of the game. I dont enjoy the game any less today because they're trying to protect players then I did a decade ago. In fact, i cant understand why any fans would be against rules that protect the players we love.

I thought it was very obviously against the rules and a penalty. I dont have any problem at all with that rule. I do think the fine is rather ridiculous, but honestly, I dont care because its not my money. And it most certainly does not ruin the NFL for me.