That Miami game was the first time, in years,

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

Becoming a contender is right there, in front of them, if they so choose.

I’m still just as pissed.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I approve this message.
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

• I thought you were going to say "first time in years I did heroin after a game" or "I ate a pound of the special mushrooms and vomited for 48 hours because the Seahawks Suck".

I'm pissed too, but try to be more interesting. I'm living vicariously through everyone's meltdowns !

But yea, that one pissed me off too. This was the most winnable game left on the schedule, outside of ARI at home. We really needed this one.

disclaimer: I am in no way judging you Pehawk, for your statements. I, too, feel angry, but sarcasm has now fully taken over, and that must mean I'm over it already. I dig your posts and almost never find anything majorly 'off" about them. Today is my day to poke fun at random fans. Nothing personal to anyone here, and feel free to retaliate !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Just been along for the ride since we lost to the Rams. We lost. To the Rams.

Season is reminding me when we started getting it together during the Holmgren years and became a real playoff team.

I can see us making the playoffs and losing a close one on the road, and next year making even more noise.

But the growing pains are tough.

I encourage you all to drink more.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Hawks46 wrote:I thought you were going to say "first time in years I did heroin after a game" or "I ate a pound of the special mushrooms and vomited for 48 hours because the Seahawks Suck".

I'm pissed too, but try to be more interesting. I'm living vicariously through everyone's meltdowns !

But yea, that one pissed me off too. This was the most winnable game left on the schedule, outside of ARI at home. We really needed this one.

disclaimer: I am in no way judging you Pehawk, for your statements. I, too, feel angry, but sarcasm has now fully taken over, and that must mean I'm over it already. I dig your posts and almost never find anything majorly 'off" about them. Today is my day to poke fun at random fans. Nothing personal to anyone here, and feel free to retaliate !

Unlike most on here, I actually dig shots at my expense and usually demonstrate how its done.

You notice though, I didn't come here and have a meltdown. The taste of disappointment was so pungent, I couldn't even read/hear/see anything Seahawks related.

IMO, Pete's walking a fine line right now between righting this, or it unraveling entirely and horrifically. That's an abstract opinion that I cant back up with any fact, but, I think its a real DISTINCT possibility. It was a poor move giving this team a week off for the bye. You dont give teams, especially defensive players whose lapses have given up some big plays, time off.

Heroin? What am I a ham n egger? Why shoot something that's 85% teriyaki sauce? Please, I'm a baller, I shoot stuff that'd make Michael Jackson’s anesthesiologist grin.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Be careful. The think tank is going to tell you that this team is young, has exceeded expectations, and it's wrong to think otherwise until next year when the entirety of the 4 year plan is revealed.

Oh and we have a really good DVOA.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I agree Ryan. This loss was 2nd on my list of most sickening. And to me, it isn't all on Pete, but shared between all the coaches and players. It truly was a dreadful display of many aspects of the team.

I'm not even sure if a win in Chi-town vindicates that woeful display of ineptness.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This loss was hard. Way hard. And the Sherm/Browner news just hours later made it even worse. Ruined my day.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Largent80 wrote:I agree Ryan. This loss was 2nd on my list of most sickening. And to me, it isn't all on Pete, but shared between all the coaches and players. It truly was a dreadful display of many aspects of the team.

I'm not even sure if a win in Chi-town vindicates that woeful display of ineptness.

Nope, not all on Pete. That defense is actually stinking it up - mentally. The offense is beyond FINE.

Hey, and not taking anything away from the Dolphins. They came to play and were prepared.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Hawks46 wrote:I thought you were going to say "first time in years I did heroin after a game" or "I ate a pound of the special mushrooms and vomited for 48 hours because the Seahawks Suck".

Retaliate?, :17: okay then, somebody get a silk rope (I don't want "Hawks46" to b*tch about rope burns)

Seriously though, I'm pissed that they got away from what was working, and without Wilson throwing a pick?, there's no excuse for Bevel to say that he was being wary, or cautious so he decided to keep on with the ground game that WASN'T working.

There was no reason to repeat with the 4th quarter meltdown as they did with the Lions, and weren't they embarrased by that punch in the mouth?.

Didn't Pete & Co. get the dejavu feeling when they saw the Defense imploding AGAIN?, I mean come on!!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• The loss to Cleveland last year pissed me off pretty bad too
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

It is really the first time I have thought Pete was all wrong in his approach to a game. It felt like he was trying to win a boxing match by proving his chin was the strongest.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

It is really the first time I have thought Pete was all wrong in his approach to a game. It felt like he was trying to win a boxing match by proving his chin was the strongest.

Thats why I'm scared. It was okay when Lynch was the best player on the team. Now, Wilson's the best player on the Seahawks. Im not sure if Pete expected that or knows how to utilize that.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

Thats why I'm scared. It was okay when Lynch was the best player on the team. Now, Wilson's the best player on the Seahawks. Im not sure if Pete expected that or knows how to utilize that.

Pete detests turnovers. Wilson is at his best when shit is falling apart around him and things get unpredictable. I can see how that could unnerve Pete.

I remember when Dan Reeves couldn't give up control to his playmaking quarterback. It cost him his job eventually. We are a long way from that, but I can see how it could go that way someday.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• SeaMeat wrote:The loss to Cleveland last year pissed me off pretty bad too

Agreed
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

• Good analogy with Reeves. screw that, great analogy.

It's really odd, but as my confidence in Wilson increases, my faith in Pete decreases. As you said, we're far from that. But, a lil voice is starting to rise in me saying "okay, we have god damn Eli Manning/Elway/Montana/Aikman, please get Pete out before he F's it up".
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Be careful. The think tank is going to tell you that this team is young, has exceeded expectations, and it's wrong to think otherwise until next year when the entirety of the 4 year plan is revealed.

Oh and we have a really good DVOA.

All those things are true. And yet this loss hurt badly just the same.

Also, I would not say this team has exceeded expectations, at least not mine. I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year. I do think this team will be even better in 2013 than it is in 2012, but I'd also say this team has clearly underachieved this season, in terms of wins and losses anyway.

That said, anything can happen in small sample sizes. I don't think this team will underachieve forever. With Seattle's statistics, an underachieving team is 9-7 and an over achieving team is 14-2. I think that's a pretty good situation to be in.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year.

GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• pehawk wrote:Good analogy with Reeves. screw that, great analogy.

It's really odd, but as my confidence in Wilson increases, my faith in Pete decreases. As you said, we're far from that. But, a lil voice is starting to rise in me saying "okay, we have god damn Eli Manning/Elway/Montana/Aikman, please get Pete out before he F's it up".

Yep... was thinkin' that same thing in the end of the 4th quarter.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    kearly wrote:I had them pegged for the Superbowl this year.

Look at it from this perspective: we had just drafted future Hall of Fame QB and ultimate team leader and teammate Russell Wilson. At that point expecting anything less than multiple Super Bowl wins is depressingly pessimistic.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I juss fummeled my pizza, the dog picked it up and ran with it, he SCORED!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Oh my god. Thanks for that Montana. That sh%$ is funny.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Yeah for some reason this one stung. I was pissed as hell and just felt dejected. Usually I'd watch the morning, afternoon, and Sunday night game. But after this loss I just shut the TV off. Didn't even bother watching the Monday Night game either. I almost felt like I'd had enough of football. Then news of the Sherm and Browner suspensions and now the Earl Thomas fine. It just keeps getting better!
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• Largent80 wrote:I agree Ryan. This loss was 2nd on my list of most sickening. And to me, it isn't all on Pete, but shared between all the coaches and players. It truly was a dreadful display of many aspects of the team.

Bullcrap! Winning cures all. Every damn crybaby here will be dancing and chanting in the streets SEAHAWKS! SEAHAWKS! SEAHAWKS!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Had a couple of Makers Mark shots and got to looking at stats. I think, Pe, is on to something.

The offense is ranked #27 total.

Wilson is #12 (93.9) in rating and Lynch is #3 (1051 yds).

Something is out of whack.

By comparison, Houston has Foster at #2 (1064 yds), Schaub at #9 (94.4) yet they are #3 in total offense.

They are 10-1. We are 6-5. We have a top 5 D, they are #6.

/makes another Makers on the rocks and awaits your answers
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Lynch is #4
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Twisted wrote:Lynch is #4

I see Lynch at 3 and Martin at 4 (by a yard)..but that is inconsequential to my argument.

And you made me type inconsequential after shots!
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Good to see a healthy degree of sarcasm & black humour has returned to .net following the Sunday/Monday meltdown...

MontanaHawk05 wrote:

But ^^^this^^^ THIS should win some sort of award! Are there end-of-year .net awards for best posts?!
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Oh c'mon, we all saw kearly's pre-season paean to Russell Wilson before he'd even played a single game. To sum up my feeling when I saw it:

Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• This loss took a lot out of me, wrote in the the Bears score prediction thread a little about it. This season had a lot of promise I definitely thought our defense would be a top 5, Wilson looked exciting. I was running the Seattle marathon listening to the game on the radio, we had the lead in the fourth quarter but Miami was running all over us and we ended up losing, took all the wind out of my sails. This game and the Detroit game, we were the better team, we were favourites on paper and we fell short. I don't know what it is about road games that we just can't win, maybe it's the travel, who knows but we can't win on the road even games we are favourites.

So we go into Soldier Field where we most likely lose the game, sit at 0.500 with 4 games left. I haven't played around with any of the playoff simulators yet but we will need to be 9-7 or 10-6 to get a wildcard, so that's winning 3 of our last 4 games which would be tough for anyone regardless of home/away.

I don't really know what to make of this team at this point, maybe Sunday night I'm rambling on about how great they looked and being 7-5 with 4 games left etc, this team is the most schizophrenic consistent team.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

To be fair, every cat I've ever talked football with has answered with this look. Pussies just don't understand the pigskin. ;) :D
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk Strap wrote:Had a couple of Makers Mark shots and got to looking at stats. I think, Pe, is on to something.

The offense is ranked #27 total.

Wilson is #12 (93.9) in rating and Lynch is #3 (1051 yds).

Something is out of whack.

Wilson is also 26th overall in passing yards and averages 186 yards a game. Rating is highly overrated. He's making a lot of safe throws (which is good you don't want him to turn it over obviously), but they're playing very conservative.

That likely falls more on the play-calling than the player. They need to take the chains off this guy and ride or die with him. The fact they didn't do that against a Miami defense that is now 26th overall against the pass, is mind blowing.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• pehawk wrote:A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

I cant pinpoint exactly what is was about this game, other than I am always pissed after a loss, this one made me question why I put my heart and soul into this team. Shoot, it's Thursday and I am just now able to start thinking about the Hawks again, the performance was that deplorable. I had to have set a record and kicked more people off my bus this week. My regulars know not to talk about the Hawks after a loss, but even talking about the NFL would have earned you an ejection. The way the secondary was carved up after half time, you'd think the BB and RS were told of their suspensions during half-time. And Tru, I love ya man, but you'll never get anywhere just following a receiver around the field.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

• Pete shared his thoughts in Wednesday's presser.
    He says " I looked back at last week and there were some chances where we could have thrown the ball a little bit more, we really thought we were going to win the football game the way we were playing it and making sure we didn't give them a chance to win it, and uh, but, by the way he was playing and you look back and you completed 16 in a row and all that, there was no reason not to keep throwing it in that regard..."

He says there are no restrictions on Wilson right now.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:Pete shared his thoughts in Wednesday's presser.
    He says " I looked back at last week and there were some chances where we could have thrown the ball a little bit more, we really thought we were going to win the football game the way we were playing it and making sure we didn't give them a chance to win it, and uh, but, by the way he was playing and you look back and you completed 16 in a row and all that, there was no reason not to keep throwing it in that regard..."

There better not be. Wilson is going to have to be at his best for us to make the playoffs. He's also going to need to be at his best if Lynch is going to run over opposing defenses over the next 5 games.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Pete shared his thoughts in Wednesday's presser.

There better not be. Wilson is going to have to be at his best for us to make the playoffs. He's also going to need to be at his best if Lynch is going to run over opposing defenses over the next 5 games.

Agree though I seriously question Pete's truthfulness. But yeah like Sarlacc83 said, there better not be any restrictions on Russ. Bills run D is the only soft one left on the schedule.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Bevell's presser yesterday was less revealing. One reporter asked if they would open it up more, and Bevell kind of mocked the question, because it really is not specific enough. Opening up the passing game really is a blatantly dumb question. I think it was Ventrella who asked it. Bevell eventually ended up at "we aren't the Patriots", which isn't really an answer either.

I would have preferred somebody ask why the insistence on running on first down when it was clear that the Fins were keyed on it, but nobody did. Or ask how much audible freedom Wilson has, but our Seattle football media is not tough enough to ask those questions.

I don't think Seattle has the pass block personnel or the down field talent to be a team that passes to set up the run, so I understand the Patriots reference. But I do get the sense that the personnel groupings really do lock our offense into certain play calls. It's pretty hard to audible to a pass call when you are running 2 tight end sets or single tights with 2 backs, particularly when our offensive rhythm is so concentrated on running clock.

I will be monitoring this situation closely.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:Bevell's presser yesterday was less revealing. One reporter asked if they would open it up more, and Bevell kind of mocked the question, because it really is not specific enough. Opening up the passing game really is a blatantly dumb question. I think it was Ventrella who asked it. Bevell eventually ended up at "we aren't the Patriots", which isn't really an answer either.

I would have preferred somebody ask why the insistence on running on first down when it was clear that the Fins were keyed on it, but nobody did. Or ask how much audible freedom Wilson has, but our Seattle football media is not tough enough to ask those questions.

I don't think Seattle has the pass block personnel or the down field talent to be a team that passes to set up the run, so I understand the Patriots reference. But I do get the sense that the personnel groupings really do lock our offense into certain play calls. It's pretty hard to audible to a pass call when you are running 2 tight end sets or single tights with 2 backs, particularly when our offensive rhythm is so concentrated on running clock.

There's a happy medium between throwing it 60 times a game like the Pats, and the paltry 20-25 times a game like we do.

Sounds like Bevell's a little butthurt over continually being criticized with how predictable and run oriented our offense is, so he's being crusty in his press conferences. No we're not the Patriots, nor do we have the personnel to be..........but that doesn't mean the offense can't be more dynamic and less predictable.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I thought our coaches did not adjust very well, I think if Pete was honest he would say he didn't think that Dolphins offense could score 14 points on us. But really we lost because Tru and Hill were rolling out a red carpet for every crossing route, and both of our lines got their asses kicked. I still think that Pete left 10 to 14 points sitting on the field by being so damn intent of chewing clock and running on first down/

Damn well said Pe. You have reduced the angst I feel about this developing season in one paragraph. I really don't think Pete, with as much faith as he claims to have in Wilson, was really quite ready to have him progress as fast as it would seem he has. Let's hope all parties concerned put their heads together and start maximizing our potential before it's too late.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:
    pehawk wrote:

Damn well said Pe. You have reduced the angst I feel about this developing season in one paragraph. I really don't think Pete, with as much faith as he claims to have in Wilson, was really quite ready to have him progress as fast as it would seem he has. Let's hope all parties concerned put their heads together and start maximizing our potential before it's too late.

I have a minor disagreement here. I think Pete is ecstatic that Wilson is progressing like he is. Lets face it, if all they wanted was a ball control dinker and dunker, we signed that guy from the Packers. They didn't start him because they saw Wilson's potential, right? That potential has just arrived a bit quicker than they thought it would. I can actually understand a little reluctance to believe what you are seeing on the field, and with that would come some reluctance to turn it loose. When Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl, he was still pretty under Belickick's thumb as far as playcalling went. It takes some time to know you can just turn your offense over to a young QB. I think that is kind of what Pliny is saying too.

My concern is more for next year, and the years beyond. Some pretty good coaches have been undone because they don't give up control as their QB grows. Pete hates turnovers more than cancer, so giving a QB room to grow is going to be hard for him.

I think there is still a little bit of overprotectiveness too. Pete has staked a lot of his reputation on the Russell Wilson (he is too short) gamble, so turning the little guy loose has some risk to it.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Agreed Scotte, but banging your head against a literal wall for 2 quarters in a close game has its inherent risks too. I give PC a pass but it would seem to be a very valuable, albeit painful, lesson that shouldn't be ignored and I would think it would lead him to a little more introspection on his play selection down the road.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

STFU... I was at the game, it felt like a loss while I was there, unbelievable.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

??
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Pete is going to have to let Russell play. I'd rather it be sooner or later. I was calling for it at halftime of that game to put the game on Russell's shoulders but he didnt do that. I love Pete even more than Holmgren honestly. But i want to see our team constantly attacking the other team on both sides of the ball. Our team is best when we are playing man to man not going to soft zone coverage to try not to lose. That last offensive drive t hat took us out of field goal position really worried me. You gotta go for the kill. Once again play to win not play to not lose. Then that busted coverage on Bess wth happened there? Look like to me Kam blew that one big time. Same thing in the detroit game when him and sherm got beat deep. Shit like that cannot happen. Once again though that is why i like man to man defense everyone is or should be accounted for at all times and your safeties can play with a lot more aggressiveness and instinct.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• pehawk wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:A loss so disgusted me, I tuned out from ALL sports-related nonsense entirely for a few days. I'm still so pissed off, on so many levels. I know it’s a 4 year plan, and I'm very thankful for what Pete has built, but it's getting REALLY old.

??

Yeah, I gotta go with a "huh?" on this one too.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Well, we can pass out of 2 TE sets. Take this game....Urlacher is good in coverage, but he's lost a few steps, Brigss (if he plays) was in a walking boot this week......Miller and McCoy really CAN take advantage of their LBers, especially in a base defense (although Chi runs mostly base defense, nothing too exotic). You can audible from a run play to a pass play easily in these formations, and I really thought we'd have been doing it more often already.

I don't know if Wilson is allowed to audible or not; sure didn't look like it at the Miami game. Thing is, maybe he does have it, and we're overestimating his ability right now. He's still a rookie, so while he's done damn good, maybe he still has some shortcomings we haven't seen yet, or are unaware of.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Scottemojo wrote:I don't think Seattle has the pass block personnel or the down field talent to be a team that passes to set up the run, so I understand the Patriots reference. But I do get the sense that the personnel groupings really do lock our offense into certain play calls. It's pretty hard to audible to a pass call when you are running 2 tight end sets or single tights with 2 backs, particularly when our offensive rhythm is so concentrated on running clock.

Good observation. If Seattle did allow Wilson to audible pass in those formations, he'd probably end up throwing to his running back most of the time, which kind of defeats the purpose of the audible. This might be something the team needs to think about during the offseason.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:cat picture

The funny thing is, I think it's the smartest prediction I've ever made. Seattle's statistics this season are actually perfectly on course with my expectations, and the statistics say they are a top 5 team in the NFL. People can react the way they want, but I know a championship caliber team when I see one. It's really just a question of "when" with these guys. When will everything fall into place? God knows this team is agonizingly close to that right now. If just two of those five excruciatingly close losses swing differently, Seattle is 8-3 right now instead of 6-5.

And as far as giving Spiderman cancer, if he didn't like my writeup then he had it coming.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:cat picture

The funny thing is, I think it's the smartest prediction I've ever made. Seattle's statistics this season are actually perfectly on course with my expectations, and the statistics say they are a top 5 team in the NFL. People can react the way they want, but I know a championship caliber team when I see one. It's really just a question of "when" with these guys. When will everything fall into place? God knows this team is agonizingly close to that right now. If just two of those five excruciatingly close losses swing differently, Seattle is 8-3 right now instead of 6-5.

And as far as giving Spiderman cancer, if he didn't like my writeup then he had it coming.

Hope you're right Kip, but all championship teams have the ability to do what's necessary when it needs to be done to seal the win most of the time. At times the Hawks' offense has demonstrated the ability to do that by running the ball down the opposition's throat to run out the clock to end the game. On the other hand, the defense has demonstrated only the ability to give up a TD or a FG drive late, when they're needed most to stop the other team and seal the win, albeit in road games. Until that trend is reversed, a .500 team is what we're going to see IMO.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• kearly wrote:And as far as giving Spiderman cancer, if he didn't like my writeup then he had it coming.

To be fair, he's pretty riddled with it at this point.

(You know I love you kearly. Please be my BFF.)

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information