A likely scenario- week 13

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I know everyone is disappointed with the Mia Game. Most feel it will be very difficult to come out this week's game with win. The overall feeling I get is if we lose this game all hope is lost for the playoffs.

No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week. In which case it comes down to the final "quarter" of the season.

Week 13:

Saints @ Falcons-- Falcons rarely lose at home- If Saints lose they have 7 losses.
Colts @ Lions-- Lions playoff hopes are on life support. -- Lion's already have 7 and would be out with 8.
Vikings @ Packers-- Packers would be favored and a loss would give Vikings there 6, we have head to head tie break.
Bucaneers @ Broncos- Broncos are the hottest team in the NFL. Bucs won't win-- They will have 6 losses after this week.
Redskins @ Giants-- Monday night- G-men have already beaten RG3 once- A loss and Redskins have 7.
Eagles @ Cowboys-- Cowboys are very inconsistent. Who knows how this goes a loss would give them 7 we have HTH.

Just think if we pull off the win and all of these teams lose. Seattle win be in very good shape. The Vikings and Bucs have extremely tough schedules remaining. I think we'll be the last man standing come the end of December.

Vikings have to play the Packers 2X, @Houston, Bears
Bucs have to play @ Denver, @ NO, @ ATL

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":1utn7wep said:
Then it's time to separate ourselves with a huge W on the road this weekend.

That would be awesome! If we secure the 6th seed and Chicago win the division as the 3rd seed than it would be a rematch of this weekend. Hopefully with a better outcome than our 2010 playoff showing in Chicago.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Don't take this personally, jlwaters, but counting on other teams to lose in December is a time-honored Seahawks tradition. Like losing on the road and side-stepping into contention.

djb28

Reaction score
The way I see it. We keep losing we don't deserve a run at the Playoffs. And counting on other losers to lose is pathetic. We sneak in because of others going down and then get ripped to shreds by teams who deserve to be there. Sounds fun!

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
jamsomatic":2z1joq77 said:
Don't take this personally, jlwaters, but counting on other teams to lose in December is a time-honored Seahawks tradition. Like losing on the road and side-stepping into contention.

nothing personal about it. We control our destiny. However, I don't think all the predictions about the wildcards needing 10 wins will hold true this year. TB and Vikings won't win 10 games this year IMO. NO has to win out in order to reach that number (highly unlikely) same for Dallas and Washington. I'm thinking 9-7 will be the the 6th seeds record. Which assuming that Seattle loses Sunday we'd have to go win 3 of 4. Entirely possible with 3 being home games and a winable road game (just like all the other road games :34853_doh: )

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2oprxf8p said:
This is why the Dolphins game hurts so much more to me. We had a real chance to distance ourselves.

I agree. I was counting on that game. But knowing this team, we'll lose to Mia only to beat the Bears. We seem to either rise up or fall down to the level of competition.

mikeak

Reaction score
That super hot Denver team sure went and dominated against those fierce Kansas City boys........

That Atlanta team sure has looked so dominant the last couple of weeks.......

Eagles - the only thing they are playing for now is not to get cut if they are deemed to have given up on the season. Foles may be good in the future but won't be enough now.

I agree on the others but I think Dallas, Saints and TB have a great shot at winning. I am contemplating taking them all as winners in our office pool (straight up no points).......

Steve2222

Reaction score
I posted this exact same thread a few days ago and got no replies :(

But yeah, a loss on sunday is not the end of the world seeing as everyone vying for that last spot has very tough games in their own selves. Tomorrow nights game will be must watch TV for Seahawks fans. About time theres a TNF game to look forward to. Go Falcons!

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
mikeak":29e0trr2 said:
That super hot Denver team sure went and dominated against those fierce Kansas City boys........

That Atlanta team sure has looked so dominant the last couple of weeks.......

Eagles - the only thing they are playing for now is not to get cut if they are deemed to have given up on the season. Foles may be good in the future but won't be enough now.

I agree on the others but I think Dallas, Saints and TB have a great shot at winning. I am contemplating taking them all as winners in our office pool (straight up no points).......

Denver's won 6 straight, what would you call that if not hot? Furthermore that game was in KC, which is a tough environment and still found a way to win. The Bucs will have to travel to Mile High which is tough in it's own right.

The Falcon's just beat the Bucs on the road. They are nearly unbeatable at home and it's a Thurs night game. I'd say that would be in the Falcons favor.

Dallas has a real shot at beating the Eagles. Then again nothing is as it seems for the Cowboys this year.

Will I

Reaction score
djb28":1jm7a6rm said:
The way I see it. We keep losing we don't deserve a run at the Playoffs. And counting on other losers to lose is pathetic. We sneak in because of others going down and then get ripped to shreds by teams who deserve to be there. Sounds fun!

I hate this mentality. People thought we didn't derserve to be in the playoffs 2 years ago when we Beast Mode'd the Saints. Don't Derserve it... really?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
mikeak":2fcksv76 said:
Of those three, the only one that I would bet on straight up is Dallas.

Greenhell

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1xalso33 said:
Get hot, rip into the playoffs and bring home the Super Bowl trophy to Seattle. Questions?

Where can I order my 2012 Seattle Super Bowl Champions hat and t-shirt???? :mrgreen:

mikeak

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":w5sp32yt said:
mikeak":w5sp32yt said:
Of those three, the only one that I would bet on straight up is Dallas.

I understand but in an office pool you are better off picking all the games over leaving some blank :).

Would you pick Atlanta and Denver straight up if you were betting? I wouldn't for sure. That was my point I think those games are toss-ups and Dallas is not going to be close to a loss

I understand the number of games Atlanta won. One of those because of the stupid you can't throw a challenge on a reviewable play (turnover).

Secondly you are building the case that Atlanta is so great because in part beating TB with ONE point and then Denver played closed in a game a team that set the record for minutes NOT LEADING EVER in a game. Now that Denver team is going to play the team that just lost with one point to Atlanta......

My point is sure maybe they loose but I am definately not putting it down before the weekend. I think Tampa has a great shot at winning, Dallas will definately win and the Saints is a 50-50 going into Atlanta

In my opinion

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1qxo3rt7 said:
No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week.

How much longer are ALL our competitors going to keep conveniently losing? At some point, we need to win games.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ltl3ad4b said:
jlwaters1":ltl3ad4b said:
No so fast my friends. I'm looking at the schedule and there's a very real possibility ALL of the 6th seed playoff contenders will lose AGAIN like they did last week.

How much longer are ALL our competitors going to keep conveniently losing? At some point, we need to win games.

No we don't. It's a 4 year plan so this year should have muted expectations.

Pete said so.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":ru8ghro0 said:
MontanaHawk05":ru8ghro0 said:
jlwaters1":ru8ghro0 said:

No we don't. It's a 4 year plan so this year should have muted expectations.

Pete said so.

:D

And then whose to say if it doesn't happen in year 4 he doesn't turn around and say "now it's a 5 year plan"?

:thfight7: