Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
Fin fan here, but I come in peace! Great game yesterday! And more importantly to both our franchises, some great games by our rookie QB’s!

I thought Wilson played great yesterday. Not to sidetrack this thread, but like I’ve seen most of you comment on here, I was surprised you didn’t air it out more with him. Our secondary is horrendous, and our run defense is one of our biggest strengths. I figured you’d air it out to go after that weakness more. Wilson sure didn’t display any reason not to air it out… as I thought his play was fantastic for a rookie. He is definitely dangerous with his legs, and made us pay for it multiple times… both when running for yards, as well as rolling around, buying time, and finding an open WR (how many times did he do that yesterday to pick up first downs???).

I’m sure you all are happy with Wilson, as I’d have to believe he is the steal of the draft so far. To get a QB in the 3rd round? That’s awesome. I was a huge fan of Wilson coming out in the draft. The only one (obvious) concern I had was his height, as I believed that if he was 6’4, he would have been our pick at #8 overall instead of Tannehill (I’m quite pleased with our QB though!). Wilson has the experience, athleticism, arm, and intangibles that you’d have to love… and so far the height seems to be a non-issue.

Speaking of Tannehill, what are your thoughts on him as a QB? This may have been the first look at him that a lot of you have had, so what were your impressions? What are your feelings on his future outlook as a QB? Did yesterday’s performance either confirm or change your perception of him prior to the game?


I’ll tell you what… one thing both our franchises are happy about is that they picked the right year to invest in a QB. This class is unbelievable IMO! I’ve never seen anything like it…

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17258
Location: Graham, WA
I like Tannehill, he's been a surprise, everyone thought he would have to sit and watch, but he's doing great learning on the job. I think you guys finally replaced Marino after all these years.

That being said, I don't think height for Wilson is an issue at all, and probably won't be until he's in his mid to late 30's, when his mobility starts to go.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2638
FinNasty wrote:
Fin fan here, but I come in peace! Great game yesterday! And more importantly to both our franchises, some great games by our rookie QB’s!

I thought Wilson played great yesterday. Not to sidetrack this thread, but like I’ve seen most of you comment on here, I was surprised you didn’t air it out more with him. Our secondary is horrendous, and our run defense is one of our biggest strengths. I figured you’d air it out to go after that weakness more. Wilson sure didn’t display any reason not to air it out… as I thought his play was fantastic for a rookie. He is definitely dangerous with his legs, and made us pay for it multiple times… both when running for yards, as well as rolling around, buying time, and finding an open WR (how many times did he do that yesterday to pick up first downs???).


Wished our O coordinator would have felt the same way and let our guy fling that ball around. Could have been a different outcome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
Throwdown wrote:
I like Tannehill, he's been a surprise, everyone thought he would have to sit and watch, but he's doing great learning on the job. I think you guys finally replaced Marino after all these years.

That being said, I don't think height for Wilson is an issue at all, and probably won't be until he's in his mid to late 30's, when his mobility starts to go.


I agree that it isnt an issue. I, like I guess most of the teams, were concerned about it coming out of the draft (its the only reason why he fell out of round 1). But it appears to have been just a bunch of over analysis... and just not trusting what you see when watching him play.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 am 
US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 1453
Location: Smokey Point
When it was money time, your QB brought the team downfield to score the winning FG.
It's too early to tell if he will be a great one though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8851
Location: Covington, Washington
I like Tannehill's potential. He has the tools and he showed the moxie yesterday that he can get it done in the NFL. The second interception and maybe the first were due to pressure and veterans have done similar, so that isn't an uncommon thing to have happen. If the Fins can find him his Clayton/Duper duo he should be good to go. I would be up-beat if I were a Dolphin fan.

Wilson has been a nice surprise. He makes his share of rookie mistakes as well but he has grown over the season. The problem for us Seahawks fans is that now our defense is starting to sprout leaks and those early losses that could have been wins would sure come in handy down the stretch.

I would think the Dolphins fanbase is more unified behind Tannehill while our fanbase has had to grow to appreciate Wilson and may never be 100% behind Wilson until he delivers the team to the promised land.

Good game and best of luck the rest of the season. Your defensive front 7 have been stout from what I have seen on Game Rewind all season. Your coaches got the running game performance they were looking for against the Seahawks and hopefully your team can springboard from that. Future looks good for your team at the QB position if the trend continues in the positive.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1744
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for the classy post.

I, for one, was very impressed with Tannehill. The guy was poised in the pocked, and certainly delivered when it counted. His success, however, has us concerned with our supposedly top 5 defense. 17 points in the 4th quarter is ridiculous. We were averaging less than that per game!!

Anyway, good luck to you guys. Given that win, I suppose that playoffs are still possible for the Phins, right? Best of luck to you.

Cheers!

_________________
"I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:08 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8919
I was one that felt Tannehill would be good and had wanted the Seahawks to target him in the draft. That became problematic when it was obvious he'd go so high and I didn't want us to spend what it would have cost to move up and get him. He has played well and shows a bright future at QB for the Dolphins. I was upset with the Wilson pick when it happened, but like many, his play and demeanor have won me over and I'm happy the Seahawks have him.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:21 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
drdiags wrote:
I like Tannehill's potential. He has the tools and he showed the moxie yesterday that he can get it done in the NFL. The second interception and maybe the first were due to pressure and veterans have done similar, so that isn't an uncommon thing to have happen. If the Fins can find him his Clayton/Duper duo he should be good to go. I would be up-beat if I were a Dolphin fan.

Wilson has been a nice surprise. He makes his share of rookie mistakes as well but he has grown over the season. The problem for us Seahawks fans is that now our defense is starting to sprout leaks and those early losses that could have been wins would sure come in handy down the stretch.

I would think the Dolphins fanbase is more unified behind Tannehill while our fanbase has had to grow to appreciate Wilson and may never be 100% behind Wilson until he delivers the team to the promised land.

Good game and best of luck the rest of the season. Your defensive front 7 have been stout from what I have seen on Game Rewind all season. Your coaches got the running game performance they were looking for against the Seahawks and hopefully your team can springboard from that. Future looks good for your team at the QB position if the trend continues in the positive.


Trust me, I know all about early games that go away, who's wins would have been really useful about now (back to back overtime losses against the Jets and Cardinals).

As far as Wilson, your fanbase isn't unified in excitement about Wilson???

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:24 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Our fanbase is always in love with the 2nd string QB. It's an annual tradition. If Flynn were playing now everybody would be chanting for Wilson. It's the way of the world. The thought was that Flynn spurned Philbin, which meant the Hawks must have promised more, and it was a foregone conclusion he was our starter. It didn't work out that way. Many were mad and thought he wasn't given a fair shake. Personally I think it was the fact that Wilson worked way harder, Flynn seemed entitled to me (which is the reason he wasn't in Miami), and Wilson kicked his butt in practices and camp and the preseason.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:28 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3174
Tannehill looks good, and looks like he's progressing. Although, the way our defense has been playing, don't be surprised if he "regresses" next week. Our defense has been making anyone that can throw the ball look good lately, well except Sanchez and Ponder.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
sam1313 wrote:
Thanks for the classy post.

I, for one, was very impressed with Tannehill. The guy was poised in the pocked, and certainly delivered when it counted. His success, however, has us concerned with our supposedly top 5 defense. 17 points in the 4th quarter is ridiculous. We were averaging less than that per game!!

Anyway, good luck to you guys. Given that win, I suppose that playoffs are still possible for the Phins, right? Best of luck to you.

Cheers!

Yes... the playoffs are still a "possibility", lol. We have to win out basically... which ain't happening. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
SharkHawk wrote:
Our fanbase is always in love with the 2nd string QB. It's an annual tradition. If Flynn were playing now everybody would be chanting for Wilson. It's the way of the world. The thought was that Flynn spurned Philbin, which meant the Hawks must have promised more, and it was a foregone conclusion he was our starter. It didn't work out that way. Many were mad and thought he wasn't given a fair shake. Personally I think it was the fact that Wilson worked way harder, Flynn seemed entitled to me (which is the reason he wasn't in Miami), and Wilson kicked his butt in practices and camp and the preseason.


Hope I'm not gunna start a flame war with this if that's the case, but...

Philbin didn't offer him big money for a reason. The gauge on Flynn was what Miami was willing to offer him. If we offered big money, it meant Philbin believed that he could be a franchise QB to build around. However, we didn't offer him much at all, which speaks volumes IMO.

Flynn is a nice QB, but he has limited upside IMO, and doesn't have the potential to be a franchise QB.

Wilson on the other hand does. He has everything you could possibly want in a franchise QB other than height. And so far, he's overcoming that. The only thing Flynn has on Wilson is experience and a couple inches IMO.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
SharkHawk wrote:
Our fanbase is always in love with the 2nd string QB. It's an annual tradition. If Flynn were playing now everybody would be chanting for Wilson. It's the way of the world. The thought was that Flynn spurned Philbin, which meant the Hawks must have promised more, and it was a foregone conclusion he was our starter. It didn't work out that way. Many were mad and thought he wasn't given a fair shake. Personally I think it was the fact that Wilson worked way harder, Flynn seemed entitled to me (which is the reason he wasn't in Miami), and Wilson kicked his butt in practices and camp and the preseason.



well, says you and a few really. Not to argue but, over-simplify much?

truth is Flynn is an unknown still, was hurt in PS. we have a great backup option, or otherwise he'll make a good edition to a team in need.

Wilson is a short in stature rookie with major promise, He stepped up to fill and played well in PS, was anointed starter, then many re-learned the rule that PS is not regular season. The work ethic he has however will battle through this I think.

For me, a full year is necessary to say who Wilson is exactly, but it wasn't until these last 2-3 games where starter caliber beliefs escalated.
I really like what I've seen from him lately. Scramble that are appropo and make more sense, passing getting better. We all always admired his work ethic and drive though I think.

zero of the above stems from the horse puckey statement of "fans here like the 2nd stringer". It comes from watching our hawks organization since the late 70's over here.

Tannehill looked good btw. Be excited!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
Hawks46 wrote:
Tannehill looks good, and looks like he's progressing. Although, the way our defense has been playing, don't be surprised if he "regresses" next week. Our defense has been making anyone that can throw the ball look good lately, well except Sanchez and Ponder.


What specifically has been the problem so I know what kinda curve to grade it on? Specifically, I'm curious how your pass rush has been? The reason why I ask is b/c the main reason behind Tannehill's "regression" was our inability to protect him the past couple weeks. I thought that we protected well this weekend. Was that more of a fluke (maybe attribute to good OL play?) or has lack of pressure been a problem for you?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
FinNasty wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Our fanbase is always in love with the 2nd string QB. It's an annual tradition. If Flynn were playing now everybody would be chanting for Wilson. It's the way of the world. The thought was that Flynn spurned Philbin, which meant the Hawks must have promised more, and it was a foregone conclusion he was our starter. It didn't work out that way. Many were mad and thought he wasn't given a fair shake. Personally I think it was the fact that Wilson worked way harder, Flynn seemed entitled to me (which is the reason he wasn't in Miami), and Wilson kicked his butt in practices and camp and the preseason.


Hope I'm not gunna start a flame war with this if that's the case, but...

Philbin didn't offer him big money for a reason. The gauge on Flynn was what Miami was willing to offer him. If we offered big money, it meant Philbin believed that he could be a franchise QB to build around. However, we didn't offer him much at all, which speaks volumes IMO.

Flynn is a nice QB, but he has limited upside IMO, and doesn't have the potential to be a franchise QB.

Wilson on the other hand does. He has everything you could possibly want in a franchise QB other than height. And so far, he's overcoming that. The only thing Flynn has on Wilson is experience and a couple inches IMO.

Not now. Flynn has 2 NFL starts. Russell has 11. That is the experience that counts.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:46 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
hawkfan1975 wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Our fanbase is always in love with the 2nd string QB. It's an annual tradition. If Flynn were playing now everybody would be chanting for Wilson. It's the way of the world. The thought was that Flynn spurned Philbin, which meant the Hawks must have promised more, and it was a foregone conclusion he was our starter. It didn't work out that way. Many were mad and thought he wasn't given a fair shake. Personally I think it was the fact that Wilson worked way harder, Flynn seemed entitled to me (which is the reason he wasn't in Miami), and Wilson kicked his butt in practices and camp and the preseason.



well, says you and a few really. Not to argue but, over-simplify much?

truth is Flynn is an unknown still, was hurt in PS. we have a great backup option, or otherwise he'll make a good edition to a team in need.

Wilson is a short in stature rookie with major promise, He stepped up to fill and played well in PS, was anointed starter, then many re-learned the rule that PS is not regular season. The work ethic he has however will battle through this I think.

For me, a full year is necessary to say who Wilson is exactly, but it wasn't until these last 2-3 games where starter caliber beliefs escalated.
I really like what I've seen from him lately. Scramble that are appropo and make more sense, passing getting better. We all always admired his work ethic and drive though I think.

zero of the above stems from the horse puckey statement of "fans here like the 2nd stringer". It comes from watching our hawks organization since the late 70's over here.

Tannehill looked good btw. Be excited!


Gotcha on Flynn...

I know you haven't really got a shot to see Flynn yet, but I hope for your sake that you never get a chance. (meaning Wilson balls out and never looks back)

And I think there's a decent chance of that happening...

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
Scottemojo wrote:
FinNasty wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Our fanbase is always in love with the 2nd string QB. It's an annual tradition. If Flynn were playing now everybody would be chanting for Wilson. It's the way of the world. The thought was that Flynn spurned Philbin, which meant the Hawks must have promised more, and it was a foregone conclusion he was our starter. It didn't work out that way. Many were mad and thought he wasn't given a fair shake. Personally I think it was the fact that Wilson worked way harder, Flynn seemed entitled to me (which is the reason he wasn't in Miami), and Wilson kicked his butt in practices and camp and the preseason.


Hope I'm not gunna start a flame war with this if that's the case, but...

Philbin didn't offer him big money for a reason. The gauge on Flynn was what Miami was willing to offer him. If we offered big money, it meant Philbin believed that he could be a franchise QB to build around. However, we didn't offer him much at all, which speaks volumes IMO.

Flynn is a nice QB, but he has limited upside IMO, and doesn't have the potential to be a franchise QB.

Wilson on the other hand does. He has everything you could possibly want in a franchise QB other than height. And so far, he's overcoming that. The only thing Flynn has on Wilson is experience and a couple inches IMO.

Not now. Flynn has 2 NFL starts. Russell has 11. That is the experience that counts.

Lol! Great point. I guess you could say that Flynn has marinated longer then? ;)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:45 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
FinNasty wrote:
Gotcha on Flynn...

I know you haven't really got a shot to see Flynn yet, but I hope for your sake that you never get a chance. (meaning Wilson balls out and never looks back)

And I think there's a decent chance of that happening...


trying to decipher this reply, wilson bails? decent chance of what happenig?

no, we won't get a chance with Flynn, got a helluva backup scenario though if he stays.
Now very happy seeing RW progress. cant say the first part of the season was the same with our D and STs scoring more per game than our O, but I admit he's making me a believer lately. now we got a bit of the reverse scenario, D problems building.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
hawkfan1975 wrote:
FinNasty wrote:
Gotcha on Flynn...

I know you haven't really got a shot to see Flynn yet, but I hope for your sake that you never get a chance. (meaning Wilson balls out and never looks back)

And I think there's a decent chance of that happening...


trying to decipher this reply, wilson bails? decent chance of what happenig?

no, we won't get a chance with Flynn, got a helluva backup scenario though if he stays.
Now very happy seeing RW progress. cant say the first part of the season was the same with our D and STs scoring more per game than our O, but I admit he's making me a believer lately. now we got a bit of the reverse scenario, D problems building.


Not if he "bails", lol. If he "BALLS out". Maybe it's a Florida expression, lol. It means if Wilson tears it up or does really well.

I think there's a decent chance that Wilson turns out to be awesome and never lets go of the reins...

_________________
Image


Last edited by FinNasty on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2356
hawkfan1975 wrote:

no, we won't get a chance with Flynn, got a helluva backup scenario though if he stays.
Now very happy seeing RW progress. cant say the first part of the season was the same with our D and STs scoring more per game than our O, but I admit he's making me a believer lately. now we got a bit of the reverse scenario, D problems building.


I think you might still be a bit of a closet 'Flynnatic' :mrgreen: Yes, I over simplify and kid just a bit :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 am
Posts: 304
What a difference a week makes. While surfing through the Miami forums last week it was endless threads trying to throw Tann under the bus, while it was all unicorns and rainbows around here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
FinNasty wrote:
hawkfan1975 wrote:
FinNasty wrote:
Gotcha on Flynn...

I know you haven't really got a shot to see Flynn yet, but I hope for your sake that you never get a chance. (meaning Wilson balls out and never looks back)

And I think there's a decent chance of that happening...


trying to decipher this reply, wilson bails? decent chance of what happenig?

no, we won't get a chance with Flynn, got a helluva backup scenario though if he stays.
Now very happy seeing RW progress. cant say the first part of the season was the same with our D and STs scoring more per game than our O, but I admit he's making me a believer lately. now we got a bit of the reverse scenario, D problems building.


Not if he "bails", lol. If he "BALLS out". Maybe it's a Florida expression, lol. It means if Wilson tears it up or does really well.

I think there's a decent chance that Wilson turns out to be awesome and never lets go of the reins...

You are new here, but hawkfan1975 was one of the biggest Flynn acolytes on this board. Half this board thought his six touchdown game for the Pack last year was when he won the job in Seattle, and the dude you are talking too was leading the "too short" charge against him.

Wilson is balling out right now, which is why the Flynn crowd is so quiet. Every fanbase has the torch and pitchfork crowd, but give it a bad game or two, they will be back.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:23 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
Scottemojo wrote:
You are new here, but hawkfan1975 was one of the biggest Flynn acolytes on this board. Half this board thought his six touchdown game for the Pack last year was when he won the job in Seattle, and the dude you are talking too was leading the "too short" charge against him.

Wilson is balling out right now, which is why the Flynn crowd is so quiet. Every fanbase has the torch and pitchfork crowd, but give it a bad game or two, they will be back.


did russell grow a foot since preseason? no he's exactly as i described, a short stature rook qb. no big, in terms of qb's he's on the short side. problem?

yes, during preseason i wasnt hyped and sold on him, nor with him being named starter over Flynn. yes, i do feel, at the seasons start, flynn dinks and dunks a hawk win over phx and stl. still think so.
why? because RW didnt wow me at all in ps nor seasons start. The D did however.
didnt care for his reads, scrambles, any of it come season start.

i will still say the same, a rook needs a full year before we start touting him like some do here. that won't change, no matter how much you whine about it.

it wasnt until seeing his coming around these last few games that ive seen RW making great strides (nothing to do with wins/losses btw). no it wasnt the hail mary for the win either.

Looking forward to seeing his progression now. thems the facts ace. problem?

if you think i care who here believed in RW sooner, well get used to it, I don't.
if you want some sort of medal for being the RW predictor then go appeal for it...yay for you?

I do still think flynn start beats phx and stl (and know where that puts our record),
but...it's also true i feel next year's ours with RW. i do think we'll be fine with RW (and/or flynn actually) .

next year folks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8814
Location: Granite Falls, WA
hawkfan1975 wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
You are new here, but hawkfan1975 was one of the biggest Flynn acolytes on this board. Half this board thought his six touchdown game for the Pack last year was when he won the job in Seattle, and the dude you are talking too was leading the "too short" charge against him.

Wilson is balling out right now, which is why the Flynn crowd is so quiet. Every fanbase has the torch and pitchfork crowd, but give it a bad game or two, they will be back.


did russell grow a foot since preseason? no he's exactly as i described, a short stature rook qb. no big, in terms of qb's he's on the short side. problem?

yes, during preseason i wasnt hyped and sold on him, nor with him being named starter over Flynn. yes, i do feel, at the seasons start, flynn dinks and dunks a hawk win over phx and stl. still think so.
why? because RW didnt wow me at all in ps nor seasons start. The D did however.
didnt care for his reads, scrambles, any of it come season start.

i will still say the same, a rook needs a full year before we start touting him like some do here. that won't change, no matter how much you whine about it.

it wasnt until seeing his coming around these last few games that ive seen RW making great strides (nothing to do with wins/losses btw). no it wasnt the hail mary for the win either.

Looking forward to seeing his progression now. thems the facts ace. problem?

if you think i care who here believed in RW sooner, well get used to it, I don't.
if you want some sort of medal for being the RW predictor then go appeal for it...yay for you?

I do still think flynn start beats phx and stl (and know where that puts our record),
but...it's also true i feel next year's ours with RW. i do think we'll be fine with RW (and/or flynn actually) .

next year folks.


You do care or you wouldn't feel the need to act like you didn't.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)
Tech Worlds wrote:
hawkfan1975 wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
You are new here, but hawkfan1975 was one of the biggest Flynn acolytes on this board. Half this board thought his six touchdown game for the Pack last year was when he won the job in Seattle, and the dude you are talking too was leading the "too short" charge against him.

Wilson is balling out right now, which is why the Flynn crowd is so quiet. Every fanbase has the torch and pitchfork crowd, but give it a bad game or two, they will be back.


did russell grow a foot since preseason? no he's exactly as i described, a short stature rook qb. no big, in terms of qb's he's on the short side. problem?

yes, during preseason i wasnt hyped and sold on him, nor with him being named starter over Flynn. yes, i do feel, at the seasons start, flynn dinks and dunks a hawk win over phx and stl. still think so.
why? because RW didnt wow me at all in ps nor seasons start. The D did however.
didnt care for his reads, scrambles, any of it come season start.

i will still say the same, a rook needs a full year before we start touting him like some do here. that won't change, no matter how much you whine about it.

it wasnt until seeing his coming around these last few games that ive seen RW making great strides (nothing to do with wins/losses btw). no it wasnt the hail mary for the win either.

Looking forward to seeing his progression now. thems the facts ace. problem?

if you think i care who here believed in RW sooner, well get used to it, I don't.
if you want some sort of medal for being the RW predictor then go appeal for it...yay for you?

I do still think flynn start beats phx and stl (and know where that puts our record),
but...it's also true i feel next year's ours with RW. i do think we'll be fine with RW (and/or flynn actually) .

next year folks.


You do care or you wouldn't feel the need to act like you didn't.
<< -- This.

Even if a person concedes the Cards&Rams games would be Ws with Flynn under center (which I'm not sure I or a lot of others DO).....what about all the other games? Do the Flynn guys (and/or gals) think he'd have replicated or exceeded Wilson's performance against NE...or GB....or the other performances, while learning on the job no less?

I'm not intending sarcasm but rather seriously asking. My opinion is pretty obvious from my sig, no doubt....

_________________
Image
"John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
- PGunning101


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
gargantual wrote:

You do care or you wouldn't feel the need to act like you didn't. << -- This.

Even if a person concedes the Cards&Rams games would be Ws with Flynn under center (which I'm not sure I or a lot of others DO).....what about all the other games? Do the Flynn guys (and/or gals) think he'd have replicated or exceeded Wilson's performance against NE...or GB....or the other performances, while learning on the job no less?

I'm not intending sarcasm but rather seriously asking. My opinion is pretty obvious from my sig, no doubt....


No, I don't care. I replied to the scotmojo guy (not you).

In reply to the above though:
GB...won by RW? Hello?...Defense played lights out.
And you can pick any qb out there right now to throw up the hail mary. Fun games no doubt but take it easy.

No, that's not when I began believing in RW (at all). These last two however...a different story. He's put the kibosh on senseless scrambles, stays in pocket more often than not, throws aren't these arcing hopefuls, and more.

Look, some of us have been watching so many j**kon about RW as if he were your twin brother now since PS. We get it, you like the guy. Fantastic. I hope it leads to a lasting career in something, I really do.

meantime, some of us concentrate more on our hawks organization


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:12 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
gargantual wrote:

Even if a person concedes the Cards&Rams games would be Ws with Flynn under center (which I'm not sure I or a lot of others DO).....what about all the other games? Do the Flynn guys (and/or gals) think he'd have replicated or exceeded Wilson's performance against NE...or GB....or the other performances, while learning on the job no less?

I'm not intending sarcasm but rather seriously asking. My opinion is pretty obvious from my sig, no doubt....


True nobody knows whether Flynn would've beaten them (exactly my prev reply...hello?), but I say Flynn picks 'm apart with dink and dunk...and that dink and dunk WINS BOTH THOSE GAMES. What's our record now had we beaten PHX and STL?

Here's what we DO KNOW: lack of offensive production..completely pathetic production...LOST THOSE GAMES.

No, RW wasn't high on the love meter come season start (nor fantasy pre-season either).

Again, Next year. RW is changing


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
hawkfan1975 wrote:
gargantual wrote:

Even if a person concedes the Cards&Rams games would be Ws with Flynn under center (which I'm not sure I or a lot of others DO).....what about all the other games? Do the Flynn guys (and/or gals) think he'd have replicated or exceeded Wilson's performance against NE...or GB....or the other performances, while learning on the job no less?

I'm not intending sarcasm but rather seriously asking. My opinion is pretty obvious from my sig, no doubt....


True nobody knows whether Flynn would've beaten them (exactly my prev reply...hello?), but I say Flynn picks 'm apart with dink and dunk...and that dink and dunk WINS BOTH THOSE GAMES. What's our record now had we beaten PHX and STL?

Here's what we DO KNOW: lack of offensive production..completely pathetic production...LOST THOSE GAMES.

No, RW wasn't high on the love meter come season start (nor fantasy pre-season either).

Conjecture like this serves no purpose except to convince yourself that even though Wilson is now playing very well, Pete was still wrong to start him. Never mind that the guy you think would have won with his dinkin and dunkin had an elbow problem when the season began, and could not throw very much even in practice. Or have you forgotten in your zeal to be right that Flynn had an elbow tendonitis issue? How was he going to deliver those mythical passes of yours in the Arizona game, FEDEX?

For the record, if Flynn had won the job, he would have been my guy too. I like to think that the guy(Pete) who watched the both of them every day would choose the right one. One thing all the media hype around Wilson has made abundantly clear is that is was his approach to the job that won Pete over as much as anything fans saw in some preseason games. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it? Well, it made sense to me. But I think Russell WON the job. You, on the other hand, use words like "annointed" in describing how Russell got the job. So maybe it doesn't make sense to you and your antiquated rules about how rookies need to learn from the sidelines. Which you have repeated continuously in the season where Luck and RGIII are doing pretty damn good as rookies, and following the season in which a few rookies did pretty damn good.

Maybe you can't help it.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)
hawkfan1975 wrote:
gargantual wrote:

Even if a person concedes the Cards&Rams games would be Ws with Flynn under center (which I'm not sure I or a lot of others DO).....what about all the other games? Do the Flynn guys (and/or gals) think he'd have replicated or exceeded Wilson's performance against NE...or GB....or the other performances, while learning on the job no less?

I'm not intending sarcasm but rather seriously asking. My opinion is pretty obvious from my sig, no doubt....


True nobody knows whether Flynn would've beaten them (exactly my prev reply...hello?), but I say Flynn picks 'm apart with dink and dunk...and that dink and dunk WINS BOTH THOSE GAMES. What's our record now had we beaten PHX and STL?

Here's what we DO KNOW: lack of offensive production..completely pathetic production...LOST THOSE GAMES.

No, RW wasn't high on the love meter come season start (nor fantasy pre-season either).

Again, Next year. RW is changing


Actually I was in a hurry and just threw up a couple examples of games where we beat teams we didn't expect to (that may sound lame but whatever). It would have been more appropriate to use the last 4 games or so as examples of RW's good games to compare/contrast with what people think Flynn may've done (which I realize is an exercise in masturbatory speculation for everyone : )

I've been excited since we drafted him, pretty much expect him to exceed expectations and kick doors down in front of him as he's done throughout his life. From everything I've read anyway. That just seems to be what he does. Again and again.

I was shaking my head the whole time as he hit a few (relatively minor in my opinion) snags in the early reg season games. Compare his stats to any other rook QB their first year, Peyton or whoever, and jeez? What do people expect?

Is it just sour grapes that Flynn wasn't out there instead, regularly throwing 6 touchdowns a game? :sarcasm_off:

I actually feel great having him as our backup, and think he would've played fine (even though he would've also had a learning curve with a different O, wideouts, etc), winning his share of games for us as our starter. But he doesn't give me the sense of potential greatness that Russell just EXUDES. I know, I know...it takes 30+ games and a respectable sample size to know and all that.....but I feel it in my bones. And until something happens to change that.......that's what I'll continue to believe.

_________________
Image
"John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
- PGunning101


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)
Scottemojo wrote:
Never mind that the guy you think would have won with his dinkin and dunkin [i]had an elbow problem when the season began, and could not throw very much even in practice.


If that wasn't a cover story because Matty was off "pouting" .....I know that's a bit catty, but it WAS what first entered my mind when that was all going down.

Ahh, to be a fly on the wall and see what REALLY goes on down there :D

(The FEDEX bit was classic btw)

_________________
Image
"John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
- PGunning101


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
So, I'm assuming this is just over flow from previous threads earlier in the season... but regardless of whether you disagreed a month or 2 ago... you all seem to be on the same page now regarding RW. So, who cares then?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm
Posts: 11
On that note... what are your thoughts on this rookie QB class as a whole? How do you think it will stack up against other classes of the past?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:26 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
FinNasty wrote:
So, I'm assuming this is just over flow from previous threads earlier in the season... but regardless of whether you disagreed a month or 2 ago... you all seem to be on the same page now regarding RW. So, who cares then?


I'm not sure why or how some people constantly feel some need to shout "hey, over here, i said it first " with RW, and then rewriting history as if he's been the only performer in a cast of clowns. really? fantastic ...now go collect your raffle ticket. i disagree, now let the adults talk.

btw, injured elbow shmelbow...the starter starts, and they had their starter. sore arm for a bit I imagine but the plan is/was "next year". this year though, cant help but note flynn wins PHX and STL among others. whats done is done though, the building holds importance.

really like what's happening now with RW, but let's keep it real and get a year underfoot at least before gaga posts. of course over here, after a win or two, talk of superbowl speeches enter the equation. oh....miami? nah, we got this. stl? definitely a win, etc etc.
christ.

anyway man, theres nothing about tannehills play that shouldn't begin to cause excitement. he really stepped up and looked solid that 2nd half. these two rookies have a lot more in common than not.


Last edited by hawkfan1975 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)
FinNasty wrote:
On that note... what are your thoughts on this rookie QB class as a whole? How do you think it will stack up against other classes of the past?


I've heard comparisons made by sports writer to that epic QB class form the Eighties where Marino and Elway came from and I'm starting to think that may pan out. The obvious ones (RG3 & Luck) are no brainers of course, but still those 2 have no where near the teams around them compared to you guys and us and are just tearing it up out there. The hype machine wasn't off on those 2 like it was with Aaron Curry.

Tannehill DID impress me and my gloomy thoughts of what-is-up with our D is turning more into being impressed with his skills after the emotional bite of the loss has had a few days to dwindle. Kind of like after the Lions loss. Just some top shelf QBing going on (admittedly later in the game after the D was tiring a bit - but still impressive).

Hell, even the Browns have looked good in a few clips I've seen. If you've read some of the commentary by sports writers about the reasons schools are cranking out more nfl ready to roll QBs really seems to be bearing fruit.

_________________
Image
"John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
- PGunning101


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
I think Tannehill's lack of college experience shows. The pass that got picked in the end zone, then nullified by the penalty was a terrible decision. Is his future bright? For sure. But Fins fans will have to endure a few bonehead throws for the next couple of years while he gains experience.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rookie QBs: Wilson & Tannehill
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 1032
Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)
.....which of course is what you ALWAYS have with a rookie, a learning curve.

(and I was trying to be nice.....just a LIIIIIIIITTLE bit talking about Weeden, although I admittedly haven't seen much of the Browns, like even a whole game or anything)

_________________
Image
"John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
- PGunning101


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.