Sherman & Browner suspension news

chawx

Reaction score
I would rather they have one admit it, and one appeal. Get the suspension out of the way for one of them now...then, maybe we could lessen the impact of the suspensions and keep at least one of our top shutdown CBs out there at a time?

mikeak

Reaction score
I would go with the "They must have put steroids in the turkey that I ate" defense....... that is pretty believable to me

Twisted

Reaction score
thought I read somewhere Browner is already in a program for his 2005 Broncos abuse and he's tested 2-3 times weekly already, so thee was a 2 day window somewhere along the line where he slipped in some adderall and league was magically there to test him? doesn't make any sense, a false positive agent or adderall can easily be slipped into a beverage while your eating at a restaurant or wherever

something seems amiss about this entire situation especially in regards to Browner who i feel would NEVER jeopardize his career for a one time thing when he is already playing very, he doesn't need any enhancers and I highly doubt Sherman does as well, I feel if these two are to be evaluated then EVERY single player in the NFL is to be evaluated!

I call foul..

BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

just doesn't make any sense considering there are WAY better, safer and LEGAL performance enhancement methods out there!

sheesh, the right combinations of amino acids and you can acquire way better results with zero side effects, as long as you get the 6 to 3 ratio correct, way better brain function, more efficient metabolism and more.

I'm not going to claim I'm an expert but I will say about the only thing illegal steroids are good for any more is when a weight lifter or body builder who wants to put on a large amount of body mass in a SHORT period of time, again the negatives out weight the benefits even in that scenario, I know too many that have taken roids for that very same reason but discontinued due to side effects

natural alternatives offer way better results for an nfl defender than any illegal steroid can offer, period! do some homework, visit a body building forum and see what they are using for enhancements, most are legal and beneficial to your health.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Twisted":ualg1qdw said:
thought I read somewhere Browner is already in a program for his 2005 Broncos abuse and he's tested 2-3 times weekly already, so thee was a 2 day window somewhere along the line where he slipped in some adderall and league was magically there to test him? doesn't make any sense, a false positive agent or adderall can easily be slipped into a beverage while your eating at a restaurant or wherever

something seems amiss about this entire situation especially in regards to Browner who i feel would NEVER jeopardize his career for a one time thing when he is already playing very, he doesn't need any enhancers and I highly doubt Sherman does as well, I feel if these two are to be evaluated then EVERY single player in the NFL is to be evaluated!

I call foul..

BTW, I have a friend and sister who were both treated with adderall when they were very young like 8 for ADHD, a hypertension disorder, its more of a Thorazine type drug if anything, at least in their case, and the side effects weren't worth the effort, massive migraines, lack of comprehension, fatigue, focus issues, most that take it report it makes them feel horrible

just doesn't make any sense considering there are WAY better, safer and LEGAL performance enhancement methods out there!

sheesh, the right combinations of amino acids and you can acquire way better results with zero side effects, as long as you get the 6 to 3 ratio correct, way better brain function, more efficient metabolism and more.

I'm not going to claim I'm an expert but I will say about the only thing illegal steroids are good for any more is when a weight lifter or body builder who wants to put on a large amount of body mass in a SHORT period of time, again the negatives out weight the benefits even in that scenario, I know too many that have taken roids for that very same reason but discontinued due to side effects

natural alternatives offer way better results for an nfl defender than any illegal steroid can offer, period! do some homework, visit a body building forum and see what they are using for enhancements, most are legal and beneficial to your health.

I am convinced. There is a position for you on the 2013 Seattle Seahawks Medical Training, Strength, and Conditioning Staff.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1g2kdnsp said:
I took acid when I was 17 and when I got home late from a concert my dad confronted me. I lied and told him I had bitten a chocolate bar that had lsd on it.

He wasn't buying it, and I am not buying what Sherman is selling.

Whoa dad! dude. Your face is like, melting. Sooo kewl. *BANG* *POW* *BOOM BOOM* out go the lights :thfight7:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Largent80":3n5h3hp2 said:
OneLofaTatupu":3n5h3hp2 said:
Accidentally ingesting Adderall is a terrible, terrible argument.

It is like saying "I was in the room where they were smoking weed" for a positive test for it.

It just seems bizzarre that they both would be positive at the same day same time.

I'm curious how he knew it was an acid high? Except for purple haze, trippy, and Mr. Natural where I laughed at every stupid little thing for hours on end, one might be able to mistake the effects for anything. Unless of course he had some prior experience, catching your older siblings maybe? Or did they tell on you? :p

Largent80

Reaction score
He didn't know it was acid. But he knew I was flying. And it was Orange Sunshine, which always had a few "mega doses" mixed in a batch, and I got 1 of them.

Hell, moments before that I was in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror and saw the towels hanging behind be in the mirror and they were flappin in the breeze, but there was no breeze !!!

Uffda

Reaction score
Read it takes around 13 hours to leave an adults system . Well whatever, maybe he drank out of Winston Guy's water bottle ?

Jiggy

Reaction score
Regarding Browner. So he said he saw his urinalysis sample poured into a container other then the one he did the deed in?

There is absolutely NO WAY I would let that fly if it were me. It's hard to believe that is an acceptable practice in the NFL.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think we are all whistling in the wind. How many times have you seen the NFL back off these things?

Oh they might be able to cut the suspensions in half or so but doubtful they are going to be able to get off completely.

:les:

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's what makes this so intriguing. Sherman is a guy who is very intelligent, and has never had an off field issue. He knows you can't beat or get around a positive test.

I find it really bizarre that they both tested positive at the same time....both starting CBs, and both in the middle of a playoff run.

The other bizarre thing is, they've both been very healthy, not coming off of injury or anything, and have both been playing at a very high level. They don't even need to cheat. The conspiracy theorist in my cries foul !

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Twisted":3tzmm0xh said:

this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

:34853_doh:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":1u2bviad said:
Twisted":1u2bviad said:

this is 100% inaccurate. Thorazine is a heavy tranquilizing sedative used for psychotic disorders and severe bipolar disorder (it isn't even prescribed that much anymore, as there are better, newer alternatives), adderall is a stimulant and ADHD is not a hypertension disorder (high blood pressure?? really???) - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder - wow - this is an egregious flubbing if I've ever seen one. . . . .

I don't think Twisted has ever been concerned with accuracy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jiggy":afcbvvcz said:
Regarding Browner. So he said he saw his urinalysis sample poured into a container other then the one he did the deed in?

There is absolutely NO WAY I would let that fly if it were me. It's hard to believe that is an acceptable practice in the NFL.

I don't know this as a fact, just stating something I heard repeated on the radio in regards to the pouring issue. I heard this the other day, and can't recall who they were quoting, but said that an ex-player had told them that what happens is you give a large enough sample so there is enough for multiple tests. It is then separated into 2 or 3 containers (Sample A, Sample B and sometimes Sample C). If A turns up dirty, they can run a re-test on sample B if necessary. This may explain why they would pour the sample into a second container. Why this isn't done back in a secured lab, makes no sense to me though.

Anyway, please don't spread the above as fact. It's third hand information that I'm passing on for it's informational value as a possibility.

mikeak

Reaction score
They typically split it up into two containers (you guys didn't have to do drug tests for work?). BUT as far as for us at least those came out of sealed bags that were broken - test split up, you sign this tape that goes over the container so it can't be opened without breaking the seal.

2 containers - off to the lab start work on Monday or in this case - stay home for 4 weeks......

Since 1988 and Ben Johnson I have given the testing agencies the benefit of the doubt and all "i bought a supplement in the grocery story guys" the zero benefit of a doubt (and no I am not a Canadian but a used to like track and field which is way more stringent than any of the professional leagues)

I honestly don't care what they took or how they got it. IF they have positive A and B test sorry it is your fault.

Uffda

Reaction score
The Radish":qg4yke9x said:
I think we are all whistling in the wind. How many times have you seen the NFL back off these things?

Oh they might be able to cut the suspensions in half or so but doubtful they are going to be able to get off completely.

:les:

A ny giant had a 4 game one and it was reduced to none. Just this year.... Is rare though, true.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1210636

" Three Giants have blamed Adderall for positive drug tests this year, including safeties Tyler Sash and Will Hill, and running back Andre Brown. Brown won an appeal and did not have to serve a suspension."

taz291819

Reaction score
mikeak":3fnh9xlx said:
They typically split it up into two containers (you guys didn't have to do drug tests for work?). BUT as far as for us at least those came out of sealed bags that were broken - test split up, you sign this tape that goes over the container so it can't be opened without breaking the seal.

I took several urinalysis tests back in the 90's, and they never poured or separated it in front of me. They put the tape over the lid and had me sign it.

Now, all of our tests are done by hair samples.

jkitsune

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":15fqjxqt said:
Twisted":15fqjxqt said:

I wasn't going to touch this one...