Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Dane Brugler at CBS Sports has Seattle taking this guy in his latest mock draft. Considering how shoddy the run defense has been the last several weeks, it might be a good pick. What can our local draftniks tell me about him?

Post subject: Re: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
NET Starter

He's a Red Bryant type. He may get better in the interior but he's not a stand out. A run stuffer, good strength/power. He kind of reminds me of an Isaac Sapaoga from the Niners. Still learning and could be a nose guard but could fit Red Bryants elephant end role.

I think the Seahawks need to focus on getting a right tackle or wide reciever to help RW3. The defense seems good enough already. Focus on offense.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I dont know much about this player but I agree with SEC, i'd rather go WR, TE or even O'line. If we do go d'line i'd want it to be a pass rushing DT or DE, not another run stopper.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 pm 
NET Starter

Let me just add that he's not an obvious nose guard like Vince Wolfork was coming out of Miami. You could tell what Wolfork was when he was drafted. And if I remember right Wolfork was drafted late first. This guy isn't that. He's somewhere in between. Not dominant in the middle and has zero pass rush. I just don't see it. I hope that helps.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

SEC FAN wrote:
Let me just add that he's not an obvious nose guard like Vince Wolfork was coming out of Miami. You could tell what Wolfork was when he was drafted. And if I remember right Wolfork was drafted late first. This guy isn't that. He's somewhere in between. Not dominant in the middle and has zero pass rush. I just don't see it. I hope that helps.

I want more stuff like this. Thanks.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]