Sherman and Browner facing suspension

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
seatt1eslew":3jld20sg said:
Color me paranoid, but wouldn't simultaneous failures of a drug test be a "justified" make up for the GB MNF game?

Just think. You're Goodell. Can't reverse the horrible call, but in the back of your mind know the rest of the owners still remember.

The Adderall trend can't be exclusive to the Hawks, yet the two (arguably) best players on our defense test positive simultaneously. Hmmm.

Color me paranoid. Reeks of XL to me, sans Bettis.

You're not alone. I detest feeling that way, but sometimes the whole 'follow the money' thing just fits too well. I mean how is State Farm supposed to sell all those discount double checks and Pizza Hut to sell all those boxes of empty calories with A-Rodg sitting at home watching the Seahawks in the playoffs?

I know it sounds crazy paranoid. I know. But it has to be recognized that certain story lines are of benefit to the NFL brand, especially when it comes to the drama of the post-season. It doesn't hurt when the more storied franchises have players with huge endorsement deals. Those companies are just dying to flood the airwaves with their stars, and the NFL with cash.

Maybe the timing of all this is contributing to the conspiracy thoughts. Does anyone know how these are usually handled? Is it common to have a positive test, then hear about it two months later?

On a related, but different note, didn't Brian Cushing get nailed and still win DROY? Even in a re-vote they gave it to him. Everyone's entitled to their opinion about substance users, but getting caught is not as damning as some seem to think.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1ty5cwqe said:
seatt1eslew":1ty5cwqe said:
Color me paranoid, but wouldn't simultaneous failures of a drug test be a "justified" make up for the GB MNF game?

Just think. You're Goodell. Can't reverse the horrible call, but in the back of your mind know the rest of the owners still remember.

The Adderall trend can't be exclusive to the Hawks, yet the two (arguably) best players on our defense test positive simultaneously. Hmmm.

Color me paranoid. Reeks of XL to me, sans Bettis.

You're not alone. I detest feeling that way, but sometimes the whole 'follow the money' thing just fits too well. I mean how is State Farm supposed to sell all those discount double checks and Pizza Hut to sell all those boxes of empty calories with A-Rodg sitting at home watching the Seahawks in the playoffs?

I know it sounds crazy paranoid. I know. But it has to be recognized that certain story lines are of benefit to the NFL brand, especially when it comes to the drama of the post-season. It doesn't hurt when the more storied franchises have players with huge endorsement deals. Those companies are just dying to flood the airwaves with their stars, and the NFL with cash.

Maybe the timing of all this is contributing to the conspiracy thoughts. Does anyone know how these are usually handled? Is it common to have a positive test, then hear about it two months later?

On a related, but different note, didn't Brian Cushing get nailed and still win DROY? Even in a re-vote they gave it to him. Everyone's entitled to their opinion about substance users, but getting caught is not as damning as some seem to think.

I'll go further than that regarding Cushing. His injury got people talking about banning blocks to the knees in general. The NFL wants to protect Cushing like they did Brady through rule changes because he fills seats.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Cushing? The same guy who had monster stats as a rookie, and claimed he had tumors, but then has gotten progressively less impressive as time has passed? That Cushing? That guy is the biggest liar in history. I think no matter what Sherman has supposedly said or hasn't said, nothing he can say will be as totally ridiculous as what Cushing said. I think about it now and have to make sure I'm not drinking something so I don't do a "Cushing's justification for his failed PED test spit take" (patent pending).

morgulon1

Reaction score
I hope these two can beat this accusation. It's not likely though. Theyre still my favorite Seahawks.