Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: 4 games this year... or next year?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm 
NET Starter

Would you rather the suspensions start @ home vs cardinals thru week 17 @ home vs rams and you have them if we were to make the playoffs...

Or...

Week 1 of next year three week 5

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson

Post subject: Re: 4 games this year... or next year?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:54 pm 
NET Veteran

week 1 next year i guess. it seems like being able to plan for this during the offseason would be beneficial

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Next year easily. As stated, we can plan for it in the offseason and our offense will be one more year/offseason experienced with each other and will be better suited to pick up the slack.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

This year easily. Why? While we're better able to "plan" for it during an offseason, this year is supposedly year three of a four-year plan. This year we have a rookie quarterback, and if you'll remember to week one this year, nobody had very high expectations of us doing anything, especially not the playoffs. And while this year we're still in the driver's seat with regards to getting into the playoffs, would you sacrifice four games of a really good run next year, or four games in a season where we appear to be almost - but not quite - in contention?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

This year. Playoffs would be 'nice', but seriously, next year is when the team will take off and shoot for the stars.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm 
NET Veteran

No suspension at all is my choice.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm 
NET Starter

T-Sizzle wrote:
No suspension at all is my choice.

O

Well duh... I wish that was an option...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran

This year. After the Bears game. We play two very good receivers in the next two weeks, Marshall and Fitz, we might as well try and cover Marshall with the guys we have now. Hope we survive against Fitz and a bad QB in a home game, and then the are no other elite WR's on the slate.

If we make the playoffs we have both back and if not we don't have it hanging over next season. No distractions and our defense can be ready to take the next step.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:10 pm 
NET Veteran

This year

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran

This year

Let them play against the Bears and they will be back in time for the playoffs. Do not go into next year with distractions

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:18 pm 
NET Veteran

This year, get the pain over with! Who knows, Maxwell or Thurmond, whoever steps in could hopefully play well enough so that we still make the post season.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

This year. No one wants this to hang over the team all offseason and into training camp, preseason, and games 1–4. Just get it over with if it is going to happen.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 pm 
NET Veteran

Next year, give Lane/Thurmond/whoever you want to cover them 1st team reps in the offseason and preseason and they'll be ready to cover from week 1-4.
If Sherman and Browner are as good as we think they are, they don't need the reps for anything other than match fitness.
Then they come in at week 5 completely refreshed and if we've made it through the first 4 games, we're in great shape, if we haven't, we've got 12 games to fix it.
Lose them now without a plan B and it could cost us the season, whilst we might not be in shape to get to the superbowl right now (I still think this is a team BUILT for playoff games), playoff experience is far more beneficial than having the team in great shape next year (think about it, if it wasn't, we'd have let the Rams beat us in 2010, finish 6-10 and grabbed the number 7 overall pick (based on our weaker strength of schedule, which would have been even with the 49ers, but we'd still have had the tiebreaker as SF would have won 4 divisional games to our 3).

That would have put us in a much better shape for rebuilding and thus a better shape for the season

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 pm 
NET Starter

This year, we need all our guys for the start of next season!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

This year. After the Bears game we have some relatively soft teams other than SF and RW can air it out a little more if we have to in order to keep up. We can still make the playoffs and we'd have BB and Sherm back for the post season.

Then, when we win the Superbowl everyone will say how we did it with CB's that cheat and that will give them more motivation for next year.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Next year. You can tweak personnel, get the subs some reps, and the other host of reasons that have been stated above.

Plus, if you have a shot at the playoffs, you take it. You don't know what could happen in the next year. We've been incredibly lucky on the injury front this year.....next year we could lose Wilson, Thomas, and Unger and be screwed.

Also, like someone else said, even if you lost all 4 games (unlikely, unless incredibly unlucky with scheduling), you still have 12 to recover. If we lost Sherm and Browner for 4 games, and we go and lose 2 more, we're most likely out of the playoffs unless we get a lot of help.

I can agree that I don't think this team is ready for a deep playoff run, and the way we're playing, I guess I could also see this year as beneficial. You could make negative or positives out of any of it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Next year. I want to go to the playoffs and having our starting corners obviously gives us the best chance. It's shortsighted, but I'll worry about getting off to a good start in the offseason.

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Fuzzman55 wrote:
Next year. I want to go to the playoffs and having our starting corners obviously gives us the best chance. It's shortsighted, but I'll worry about getting off to a good start in the offseason.

But starting 0-4 next year hurts NEXT year's playoff chances pretty significantly. Browner and Sherman are still going to be crucial to this defense next year, regardless of whom we add in the offseason.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:13 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
Fuzzman55 wrote:

But starting 0-4 next year hurts NEXT year's playoff chances pretty significantly. Browner and Sherman are still going to be crucial to this defense next year, regardless of whom we add in the offseason.

What's your preference then?

Who knows how next year will pan out. We may not be in the hunt next year at this time of the season regardless of if they play or not.

We are now so I say do your damndest it make it now.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:13 pm 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
Fuzzman55 wrote:

True, but I'm not much of a believer in the "4 year plan" hype. You get what you can get in this league and never take anything for granted. Who knows, the Hawks could be significantly better next year and more capable of weathering the losses. And with a young team like ours, maybe gaining a year of playoff experience helps us take the next step. All I'm saying is next year is beyond anyone's predictions or control.

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

this year , hands down , we suck way too bad on the road to beat a good team

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm 
NET Starter

Playoffs? If they keep avoiding the inevitable it could be this year and next lets get it over with and move on after next week and see how it shakes out..

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 am 
NET Veteran

this year. don't seahawks have backups, they did plan for if one of these guys got hurt right... both down well that's a whole different story... good news is, only one of our apponents players can score at a time... since we're not stopping anything these days, might as well be a reciever..

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 am 
NET Veteran

Here is a thought one of them plead guilty now and one of them next year!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 am 
NET Veteran

I'd go with this year. Even with the two CBs playing, beating the Bears is a tall order, and SF didn't need to air it up top to have us outmatched. Lose those two and your playoff chances are a lot smaller. Of course, I hope we win out, but a bookmaker would probably give us a 9-7 finish, at most, from here.

We can't guarantee who'll be on the team for next season, much less what chance it'll have, Why give it a handicap on top?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 am 
* NET Sage *

Reduced to 2 games this year, make playoffs and a run. :mrgreen:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]