Congrats to Notre Dame

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm
  • It will be interesting. I don't think ND has the speed to hang with Georgia and Georgia is playing really good football right now. I think ND might(and I mean maybe) actually be be set up better to play Alabama. What it comes down to for me is the trenches. I don't think ND can hang with the offensive and defensive lineman of the SEC. Not only are the defensive lineman huge but they are athletic. Something I just don't think ND can game plan for and something ND will be over matched with, and to me thats the biggest mismatch.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm
  • We get it Redeye you love you some Notre Dame. That's great. Good luck to them in the national championship. But if you expect others to celebrate their season then you are naive.

I for one despise Notre Dame and always will. It will be very hard to not root for the ground to open up and swallow both Notre Dame and whatever SEC team they play for the national championship as I will hate both teams that are playing. After all this is what I root for when the Niners play the Raiders.

I do think that SEC Fan is underrating NDs defensive line if he thinks they won't hang. They are a really good defensive team.
    USChawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:47 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.

Haha. You're unbiased when it comes to ND? That's rich. Go ahead and read the article linked above if you're interested in "my" position. Sums it up well.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm
  • Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:This pretty much sums it up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec ... 48035.html

I read your article and still think Notre Dame will be lucky if they score a point against either Georgia or Alabama.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.

My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:This pretty much sums it up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec ... 48035.html

I read your article and still think Notre Dame will be lucky if they score a point against either Georgia or Alabama.

Good to know. Thanks for reading.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm
  • Scott you're fantastic...

Get on the jock man!!! come on dude.. lol...
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm
  • redeye81 wrote:I mean really .. ok we can say Notre dame sucked for many years.. It is what it is.. This year they finally may amount to something (they have a chance)... and we can't stop and congratulate them?

They might get blown out by some SEC team (very possible) but damn they shown alot of heart and I admire them for it..

And that admiration leads to the next obvious emotional reaction. Attacking everybody else, treating them all like crap, selecting snippets of posts and ripping everybody apart, and basically just going into complete over the top silliness with something that resembled a complete temper tantrum AFTER your team won. It just feels like you couldn't take the compliments or the opinions. You wanted everybody to bow down and kiss your golden dome.

Mainly I just feel badly about how much respect I lost for a few people after reading this. I had always thought most here were pretty level and actually wanted to talk football. Instead we're instructed how to respond in a thread like it's a board that requires approval for each post by the OP. What a dumb thread. Good luck in your game. I was really congratulating you initially, but I'll have to set my family and friend relationships aside and hope that Manti loses his last college game and in a complete route. And yes... I still think Baylor would beat Notre Dame. And the stuff about Johnny Manziel being overrated is absolute idiocy at its worst. He's the best freshman QB to come around in probably 10 years. He'd put up 5 TD's on the Notre Dame defense. It's unfortunate there isn't a playoff, and this result is precisely why.

As I said earlier... Independent teams pick their own schedules (one reason I mentioned BYU as they are also independent). They pick their own schedule and play more home games than most teams. They gear their schedule to whatever brings them big cash and lots of viewers and cash. They don't play good teams. They play average/mediocre teams. I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm
  • Shark, you're one of a kind..

You can twist all you want. I called you out for being totally off the wall about your assessment. You can back track all you want now I don't care. Sure anyone can argue Alabama is better than Notre dame - thats a very good argument.. but you bring in other teams that have NO business in conversation (including Baylor who beat one worthy team all year) then you'll get called out.. sorry for being so brash but it is what it is..

I congratulate Notre Dame for their epic season and you hate it.. I want to say " U mad Bro" but ill end with this .. I am damn proud of the fighting irish!
    Last edited by redeye81 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 pm
  • Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
    Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 pm
  • And back and forth they go.....gotta side with Shark on this one, but rock on fellas.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 am
  • redeye81 wrote:Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
    Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.

Yes, those games were brutal. Auburn was bad this year, but I guarantee they have enough talent to have kicked anyone in the teeth and leave them hurting for the next brutal game on the schedule. As I said... Baylor could beat any team out there, and it would be a brutal game, and they barely qualified for a bowl.

When you're #1 every game is brutal, except for those 3 tuneups.

You act like Notre Dame played an incredibly difficult schedule. I used my own team to debunk your theory where you talk about all of these bowl eligible teams ND played. BYU was one you included (yet you got all up on me about BYU being mentioned in your thread). BYU was one of the bowl eligible teams. BYU played the guy who should have been their 4th string QB (compare the stats of their QB's) and lost by 3 points to ND at ND. But there is no way in hell BYU would have beaten Auburn or Tennessee. No chance at all. It wouldn't even be close. BYU also lost to Boise State 7-6, again with no QB. So either BYU is better than some of these great teams, or some of these great teams aren't so great and will be exposed. Yours is one of them.

I just felt that this was a prime of example of why a playoff is needed. Notre Dame as an independent doesn't have to play a conference championship. As a team that lost a head-to-head to Georgia, then Florida doesn't get to play in one, but that's to their advantage (just as it is to Notre Dame). Florida now gets stuck in a top BCS game because they can't lose another because they didn't make their conference game. Alabama or Georgia is going to make the championship game by winning their conference, but because one of them is going to be saddled with an extra loss they are going to get bumped from the BCS entirely and Florida (who sits out a game) will leapfrog the other into a BCS game.

That's fair for you. I congratulate you again on setting up a good schedule, lots of home games, and assuring from the get go on the creation of the BCS that you had a seat at the table and needed to do nothing more than win out on your handpicked schedule to guarantee a championship game. It was a stroke of genius to stay independent and force that issue. The other independents don't have this luxury. If Navy went undefeated they are guaranteed nothing, and in fact I can see them being ranked 6th or lower even if they had gone undefeated because of the strength of schedule.

And I'm not an SEC fan at all, but playing a conference schedule is in fact brutal. It is absolutely brutal. I've watched a team go from a conference for 30+ years and now go independent and the pressures and stress level and even interest level in the games is tenfold worse since they did so. I won't mention their name as I don't want to start another fit by you , but conference play is absolutely insanely tense and BRUTAL.

What you've got here is the Harlem Globetrotters making it to the NBA finals. Congrats. It was bound to happen in how they made sure they rigged the system when it was changed from the Bowl Alliance to the BCS.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am
  • SuperHawks wrote:My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.

Perhaps that's because some Notre Dame fans get their panties in an extreme twist whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about the team or players? Michael Floyd being a case in point. You keep hashing up my late round grade like I made the statement one day before this year's draft. That remark was made after the player was suspended from the teams facility for yet another alcohol related dumb ass mistake. It also followed a tremendously disappointing junior season. And with respect, a lot of Floyd's issues have shown up so far in his rookie season. Kudos to him for boosting his stock enough to go as early as he did over a 14 month period afterwards, but when I made that initial remark about Floyd's stock it was an unbiased, fair reflection on where he was at following his junior season.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 am
  • Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am
  • SuperHawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.

You make me hate Notre Dame.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

You make me hate Notre Dame.

Good. Nothing new. Hate away.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am
  • The fact that you're in a National Championship game and are whining about haters is hilarious. Nobody hates the Harlem Globetrotters. They don't notice them anymore either. So you both have a lot in common. Is Curly going to come into the game and slide into the endzone while dribbling the ball? Maybe Meadowlark Lemon will come put up a halfcourt shot from behind the back for a TD. "OH Sweeeeet Georgia Brooooooown!" Go Golden Domes. Hopefully they get to play the Washington Generals in the championship game.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am
  • :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-11-26/notre-dame-odds-las-vegas-alabama-bcs-national-championship-sec-georgia

"Sporting News asked Kenny White, longtime oddsmaker in Las Vegas and one of The Linemakers on Sporting News for betting lines on potential games between the Irish and the six SEC teams ranked in the top 10 of the current BCS poll. Of those six teams, Notre Dame would be favored to win twice: against No. 10 South Carolina by 3 points and Florida by 1½ points.

— Linemakers: SEC Championship Game odds

Among the other four teams, Notre Dame would be:

— 8½-point underdog to No. 2 Alabama.

— 4-point underdog to No. 3 Georgia.

— Pick’em with No. 7 LSU

— 3–point underdog to No. 9 Texas A&M"
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 am
  • Oddsmakers are right so often that it's crazy, but that's why the house always wins.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote::stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-11-26/notre-dame-odds-las-vegas-alabama-bcs-national-championship-sec-georgia

"Sporting News asked Kenny White, longtime oddsmaker in Las Vegas and one of The Linemakers on Sporting News for betting lines on potential games between the Irish and the six SEC teams ranked in the top 10 of the current BCS poll. Of those six teams, Notre Dame would be favored to win twice: against No. 10 South Carolina by 3 points and Florida by 1½ points.

— Linemakers: SEC Championship Game odds

Among the other four teams, Notre Dame would be:

— 8½-point underdog to No. 2 Alabama.

— 4-point underdog to No. 3 Georgia.

— Pick’em with No. 7 LSU

— 3–point underdog to No. 9 Texas A&M"

Seems about right. I'm actually a bit surprised that LSU is a PK. If anything I'd flip-flop the LSU and A&M spreads.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm
  • I'm guessing SuperHawks has posters of Justin Bieber in his bedroom, listens to Tyler Swift on his IPOD and likes nothing more than having a good old natter about the latest fashions.

That's the mental image I have of anyone who consistently uses the word 'haters'.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm guessing SuperHawks has posters of Justin Bieber in his bedroom, listens to Tyler Swift on his IPOD and likes nothing more than having a good old natter about the latest fashions.

That's the mental image I have of anyone who consistently uses the word 'haters'.

That's the best you can come up with? Really? Wtf is a natter anyway? Stick to discussing soccer man.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm
  • So you don't deny it then?

(Bet he also says things like "You go girl" while clicking his fingers in an elaborate manner)
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm
  • If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Just a HATER!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 pm
  • Guess we'll all find out a month from now.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Just trying to do my part to help... but if we've learned one thing, it is NOT, absolutely NOT to mention any other team in particular F'ING BYU in a Notre Dame thread, or Redeye will threaten you and make asinine posts defending his Harlem Globetrotters, err I mean Fightin' Ireesh.

I learned that lesson, and now I'm super duper afraid to post here because he is going to virtually yell at me to an excessive extent. Feel free to peruse the thread for examples of me suggesting The Globetrotter overrated-ness and using BYU as an example. He went crazy and started screaming "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" and probably ripping off his shirt and beating his chest while flipping over furniture.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm
  • I hope they play Georgia. This Alabama team isn't as dominant as the past Alabama teams. Georgia would be the better opponent. If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 pm
  • SEC FAN wrote:If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.

He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 am
    SEC FAN wrote:If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.

He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.

GA - ALA this year

GA - LSU last year

no correlation.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am
  • Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.

Georgia was actually winning last years game at halftime and they were totally outmatched by LSU last year. I think playing at home did actually help them for a while. As for comparing LSU to Alabama. The offenses are totally different. QB's are way different. Jordan Jefferson was a running style QB and McCarron is a passer. Lacy and Yeldon are way more dynamic in comparison to what LSU had last year, its not even close. Defensively the teams are similar. It doesn't matter though because Georgia looks like a better team then last year but Alabama is one of those teams that always tends to keep getting better as the season goes on.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

:th2thumbs:
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm
    SuperHawks wrote:Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

Eat your crow like a big boy now.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

Maybe the question should be... How does it feel to be wrong after calling everyone blissfully ignorant?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm
  • I stand corrected. Oh wait... no I don't. Sorry to be so right, but I could see this one coming a looooooong time ago. Shrugging shoulders.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:Guess we'll all find out a month from now.

Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:Guess we'll all find out a month from now.

Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!

Big man talking shit after the game. You're cool dude.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:

Yes, because you shooting your mouth off, constantly, before the game is so much more manly. You are a big mouth with nothing to back it up, ever. Take your lumps like an adult, not a Redskins fan.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm
  • NM. Not worth it. Enjoy being right boys. Hope it made all your dreams come true.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:

I spoke up on what I thought would happen a full MONTH BEFORE THE GAME. You shot off YOUR mouth and said how wrong we are and we were just "haters". You said we'd all find out a month from now. So what did YOU find out? I found out that what I said was 100% correct, and you were incorrect. I wasn't hating. This isn't new. This was a prediction based on evidence that I had seen. You disagreed.

So I'm not a "big man talking shit after the game". I'm revisiting an earlier conversation of a month ago where you were "talking shit" and going off on anybody and everybody and were being a "big man" BEFORE the game to all of us who disagreed with you and Redeye81. I'm wondering if you have come to the conclusion that we were right in what we said a month ago. Many of us said it. I was firmly behind it with valid points and was laughed off the board and labeled a "hater". I don't hate Notre Dame. I just don't think they had any business being in that game or are anywhere near #1 quality, and my argument was for a true playoff because I felt they were a very average team. That isn't "talking shit" or trying to be a "big man" it is a questioning of your reasoning for believing what you clearly believed, with NO evidence. I was right. I am hoping you'll see that a playoff system is better because this system is geared toward certain teams and let Notre Dame into a game they had no business being in, just as I said. They were average at best. Great response calling me a "cool dude". That's legendary. Have a fun evening.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm
  • Owned
    debevemos
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:[quote="SuperHawks"]Guess we'll all find out a month from now.

I spoke up on what I thought would happen a full MONTH BEFORE THE GAME. You shot off YOUR mouth and said how wrong we are and we were just "haters". You said we'd all find out a month from now. So what did YOU find out? I found out that what I said was 100% correct, and you were incorrect. I wasn't hating. This isn't new. This was a prediction based on evidence that I had seen. You disagreed.

So I'm not a "big man talking shit after the game". I'm revisiting an earlier conversation of a month ago where you were "talking shit" and going off on anybody and everybody and were being a "big man" BEFORE the game to all of us who disagreed with you and Redeye81. I'm wondering if you have come to the conclusion that we were right in what we said a month ago. Many of us said it. I was firmly behind it with valid points and was laughed off the board and labeled a "hater". I don't hate Notre Dame. I just don't think they had any business being in that game or are anywhere near #1 quality, and my argument was for a true playoff because I felt they were a very average team. That isn't "talking shit" or trying to be a "big man" it is a questioning of your reasoning for believing what you clearly believed, with NO evidence. I was right. I am hoping you'll see that a playoff system is better because this system is geared toward certain teams and let Notre Dame into a game they had no business being in, just as I said. They were average at best. Great response calling me a "cool dude". That's legendary. Have a fun evening.[/quote]

Fair enough. I'm pretty irrational right now I must admit. I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.

Pssst. SEC, man.

I know people get all bent out of shape over SEC "fanboys," but at some point, the results have to carry some weight, right? It's not just a bunch of redneck bias. The SEC is dominant, folks.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 pm
  • [/quote]

Fair enough. I'm pretty irrational right now I must admit. I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.[/quote]

See, that's the point... I'm not in favor of this system at all, so it is kind of a moot point. But I did see a Texas A&M team beat Alabama earlier in the year. I feel a playoff would have sorted this out nicely. Who knows. Maybe Notre Dame goes in as the #1 seed and plays a #8 seed and still advances to the title game. Great for them. But we have a better idea if there is a common tourney format that awards all teams who belong there (and yes, this year that would most definitely include Notre Dame, as they finished the polls at #1). I think with a couple of more games, we'd get a better matchup.

I think Oregon could have beaten Alabama. I think Texas A&M could again. I think that teams in their own conference have shown that on certain days they can hang with them just fine (LSU could have gotten hot and won a spot into the title game with a playoff... who knows?!).

I mentioned BYU and I'll stand by that. They stunk. They outplayed Notre Dame for the majority of the game, with the exception of one dropped pass that cost them that game. BYU is NOT good. So it's a fluke. But Pitt did the same, so that is where I said, "Sorry, this is not a fluke... Notre Dame isn't that great." I certainly congratulate them on their year. As said before I'm friends with those in the Te'o family and extended family and he's one of my favorite players to ever suit up in college football. I mean that. I am sad that he went out like that, because it was embarrassing. But the fact remains that as long as we keep having this system where it is SEC #1 against some other team from elsewhere then the SEC will continue to win because of their conference and its ability to recruit and the number of TV games, etc. The system favors them.

Oh, I think Ohio State could have beaten them as well, but they weren't bowl eligible. I digress though. I think it's better for your team (Notre Dame) and all teams to be in a playoff. They roll through that playoff and gain even more momentum and solidify their offense a bit more (they have a young O) then they may be ready by the time that national championship game comes. But their independent schedule and the fact that they've not played in a month didn't help them. They were a team that was building momentum and then have to sit and wait for over a month to play one last game and it just didn't look or feel right. See where I'm coming from? I didn't hate on Notre Dame from the outset that I recall. I just felt the system was flawed and rewarded them for its flaw. Don't get me wrong. They have EVERY right to be there. 100% you guys that support them are right. They deserved to be in that game. They beat every opponent. It's hard to do. But without a conference schedule, with the building of superconferences, with the mess that is the BCS, etc. I think a playoff makes more sense. I just didn't feel Notre Dame would win, that's all I stated and I felt attacked, and I'm certain you guys felt disrespected. I apologize for raining on your parade. My need to be right took away from your enjoyment of celebrating your team and their accomplishment. I feel like a jerk about it to be honest. But... in looking back, it was true and that is an indictment on the NCAA/BCS/TV Networks/Bowls/Sponsors. That is NOT an indictment on you as a Notre Dame fan or Redeye81 as a Notre Dame fan. You have every reason to be excited and to be proud of your team. The system they were playing in just set them up for a failure and that's too bad. If the season ends without bowls, then they are national champs. If the season goes to a playoff then maybe they are still national champ. But to me, they weren't built to play and then wait for a month and meet up with the SEC champ who had already played in a huge game and won to earn the right. Notre Dame just waited for their opponent and got "cold" so to speak or were exposed for not being that great. Either way, it is a poor ending to the season for fans of every team but Alabama in that regard and that pretty much sucks, because to me it is totally anti-climactic.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information