Sherman & Browner suspension news

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":2mx8p3n6 said:
I took acid when I was 17 and when I got home late from a concert my dad confronted me. I lied and told him I had bitten a chocolate bar that had lsd on it.

He wasn't buying it, and I am not buying what Sherman is selling.
Oh man, that must've been brutal. Here you come home all blazed on acid and your old man confronts you all pissed off and shit. Talk about ruining your buzz......

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":3oiyfv1x said:
Sherman should for once, in this case, keep his big mouth SHUT.

Dude, he made ONE Tweet since this news broke. He hasn't said anything in two days since that.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Hate to remind you all this, but can't Lynch still get suspended for the DUI thing? They could really screw us and time that at the same time as Browner and Sherman...

Basis4day

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":6rcb13us said:
Hate to remind you all this, but can't Lynch still get suspended for the DUI thing? They could really screw us and time that at the same time as Browner and Sherman...

Lynch won't get suspended until the conclusion of the legal side of his case. He pleaded not guilty. It is currently making it's way through the courts. Earliest you can expect him suspended is next year.

Had he pleaded guilty, he likely would have faced his league punishment already.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ctmfpdj said:
CaptainSkybeard":2ctmfpdj said:

Lynch won't get suspended until the conclusion of the legal side of his case. He pleaded not guilty. It is currently making it's way through the courts. Earliest you can expect him suspended is next year.

Had he pleaded guilty, he likely would have faced his league punishment already.
Good info man. Thank you.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ym6g0v31 said:
Largent80":ym6g0v31 said:
Sherman should for once, in this case, keep his big mouth SHUT.

Dude, he made ONE Tweet since this news broke. He hasn't said anything in two days since that.

Seriously. All this information is coming second hand. We literally know nothing.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Well I am convinced they are innocent now! :sarcasm_off:

Seriously, that sounds like a bunch of BS. Especially Sherm

Basis4day

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":odlt5tvn said:
Well I am convinced they are innocent now! :sarcasm_off:

Seriously, that sounds like a bunch of BS. Especially Sherm

Sherm hasn't said anything besides the single tweet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1xgow06s said:
I took acid when I was 17 and when I got home late from a concert my dad confronted me. I lied and told him I had bitten a chocolate bar that had lsd on it.

He wasn't buying it, and I am not buying what Sherman is selling.
I don't know man,,I was drug tested for a job in Everett Wa. and came up positive, and everyone that knows me knows that I don't use ANYTHING that isn't prescribed by my Doc,,Hell, I don't even eat cupcakes with poppy seeds because that could produce a positive.
No, I ain't a goody-two-shoes T-totaler cuz I do drink my fair share, I just hadn't been useing/drinking prior to taking that test that came back saying otherwise.

I'm not saying that these guys aren't bullsh*ting, but I do know what it feels like to be wrongfully accused, so I am going to withhold my opinion for now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Here is a shocking suggestion: We wait for the facts.

Is that too much for people?

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Here we go with another source, but right off of NFL.com's front page:

"There are indications, according to a source, that appellate hearings might not take place for several weeks, which would allow Browner and Sherman to compete through most of the regular season -- at the least. Players can continue to work until the entire appeal process is complete."

Basis4day

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ql4gjnq said:
Basis4day":1ql4gjnq said:

Yes, that is too much for a lot of people.

Glad i wasn't around during the Duke Lacrosse Case.

xXCHawkXx

Reaction score
I have actually done the adderall in a water beverage more than a few times when i took the stuff. It seemed more effective to let it dissolve to help monitor my intake rather than having to break up the pill into smaller parts. I used mostly Gatorade since it helps rehydrate as you are dehydrating yourself from the pills.

It is possible that Sherman is telling the truth, though highly unlikely in my opinion. The problem is the league won't care either way. The strange coincidence to me only eludes to the fact that Browner and Sherman are boys, so they probably took it together. The appeals could be strategic as our FO probably thinks it's better to have them for the Chicago game, than our last game at home against the Rams. It also gives us time to get some sort of a game plan together with their absence. My guess is that they will both be suspended for our last 4 games.

For the record, the worst decision I have ever made in my life was to put that crap in my system. It truly can ruin your life.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":f4at1acs said:

That's no fun. mindless speculation, hand wringing and worry worting, now that's where it's at!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":303s4bim said:
half-life is 10hrs; meaning if you ingest 30-40mg (common daily dosage for adults) at noon, you have 15-20mg in your system at 10p; 7.5-10mg at 8a following day, etc. Now, if you're taking it regularly, you're going to have a bit more of an issue getting clean quicker. Same goes for marijuana, opiates, etc.

Accidentally ingesting Adderall is a terrible, terrible argument.

Drug testing doesn't typically involve testing for the substance itself, but rather, the metabolites left in your system after it's been processed by your body. The metabolites of things like opioids, cocaine, meth, and prescription amphetamines are water soluble so they are carried out of your body quite rapidly through the renal system. Things like pot and barbiturates have fat soluble metabolites, causing them to be stored almost indefinitely in fat cells. Typical retention for fat soluble metabolites is two weeks but can be virtually any length of time if the individual in question is overweight or lives a sedentary lifestyle.

GoHawks55

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vneabjd said:
Yeah, he did refute those "sources".

It would be smart of him to not say anything, that's for sure. Either they're dirty, or it's really fishy that both of our outstanding CBs got nailed at the same time, in the middle of a playoff race. Maybe there is something to all those conspiracy theories.

Ummmmmm.. No.
They are conspiracy theories for a season... There usually wrong and are used as an excuse for some fans who's teams lost or are pissed off at something.

TLD0550

Reaction score
Hawks46":16yr2ixl said:
Yeah, he did refute those "sources".

It would be smart of him to not say anything, that's for sure. Either they're dirty, or it's really fishy that both of our outstanding CBs got nailed at the same time, in the middle of a playoff race. Maybe there is something to all those conspiracy theories.
didnt they get tested sometime in september not in the middle of our playoff race

mikeak

Reaction score
Basis4day":5iw2c1ym said:
Seriously. All this information is coming second hand. We literally know nothing.

You are right - since this is an internet forum we should go back to the normaly way of things and only comment on things supported by fact.............. oh wait :D