Congrats to Notre Dame

SharkHawk

Reaction score
redeye81":jhlu8yf1 said:
I mean really .. ok we can say Notre dame sucked for many years.. It is what it is.. This year they finally may amount to something (they have a chance)... and we can't stop and congratulate them?

They might get blown out by some SEC team (very possible) but damn they shown alot of heart and I admire them for it..

And that admiration leads to the next obvious emotional reaction. Attacking everybody else, treating them all like crap, selecting snippets of posts and ripping everybody apart, and basically just going into complete over the top silliness with something that resembled a complete temper tantrum AFTER your team won. It just feels like you couldn't take the compliments or the opinions. You wanted everybody to bow down and kiss your golden dome.

Mainly I just feel badly about how much respect I lost for a few people after reading this. I had always thought most here were pretty level and actually wanted to talk football. Instead we're instructed how to respond in a thread like it's a board that requires approval for each post by the OP. What a dumb thread. Good luck in your game. I was really congratulating you initially, but I'll have to set my family and friend relationships aside and hope that Manti loses his last college game and in a complete route. And yes... I still think Baylor would beat Notre Dame. And the stuff about Johnny Manziel being overrated is absolute idiocy at its worst. He's the best freshman QB to come around in probably 10 years. He'd put up 5 TD's on the Notre Dame defense. It's unfortunate there isn't a playoff, and this result is precisely why.

As I said earlier... Independent teams pick their own schedules (one reason I mentioned BYU as they are also independent). They pick their own schedule and play more home games than most teams. They gear their schedule to whatever brings them big cash and lots of viewers and cash. They don't play good teams. They play average/mediocre teams. I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Shark, you're one of a kind..

You can twist all you want. I called you out for being totally off the wall about your assessment. You can back track all you want now I don't care. Sure anyone can argue Alabama is better than Notre dame - thats a very good argument.. but you bring in other teams that have NO business in conversation (including Baylor who beat one worthy team all year) then you'll get called out.. sorry for being so brash but it is what it is..

I congratulate Notre Dame for their epic season and you hate it.. I want to say " U mad Bro" but ill end with this .. I am damn proud of the fighting irish!

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
And back and forth they go.....gotta side with Shark on this one, but rock on fellas.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
redeye81":1xx16eee said:
Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.

Yes, those games were brutal. Auburn was bad this year, but I guarantee they have enough talent to have kicked anyone in the teeth and leave them hurting for the next brutal game on the schedule. As I said... Baylor could beat any team out there, and it would be a brutal game, and they barely qualified for a bowl.

When you're #1 every game is brutal, except for those 3 tuneups.

You act like Notre Dame played an incredibly difficult schedule. I used my own team to debunk your theory where you talk about all of these bowl eligible teams ND played. BYU was one you included (yet you got all up on me about BYU being mentioned in your thread). BYU was one of the bowl eligible teams. BYU played the guy who should have been their 4th string QB (compare the stats of their QB's) and lost by 3 points to ND at ND. But there is no way in hell BYU would have beaten Auburn or Tennessee. No chance at all. It wouldn't even be close. BYU also lost to Boise State 7-6, again with no QB. So either BYU is better than some of these great teams, or some of these great teams aren't so great and will be exposed. Yours is one of them.

I just felt that this was a prime of example of why a playoff is needed. Notre Dame as an independent doesn't have to play a conference championship. As a team that lost a head-to-head to Georgia, then Florida doesn't get to play in one, but that's to their advantage (just as it is to Notre Dame). Florida now gets stuck in a top BCS game because they can't lose another because they didn't make their conference game. Alabama or Georgia is going to make the championship game by winning their conference, but because one of them is going to be saddled with an extra loss they are going to get bumped from the BCS entirely and Florida (who sits out a game) will leapfrog the other into a BCS game.

That's fair for you. I congratulate you again on setting up a good schedule, lots of home games, and assuring from the get go on the creation of the BCS that you had a seat at the table and needed to do nothing more than win out on your handpicked schedule to guarantee a championship game. It was a stroke of genius to stay independent and force that issue. The other independents don't have this luxury. If Navy went undefeated they are guaranteed nothing, and in fact I can see them being ranked 6th or lower even if they had gone undefeated because of the strength of schedule.

And I'm not an SEC fan at all, but playing a conference schedule is in fact brutal. It is absolutely brutal. I've watched a team go from a conference for 30+ years and now go independent and the pressures and stress level and even interest level in the games is tenfold worse since they did so. I won't mention their name as I don't want to start another fit by you , but conference play is absolutely insanely tense and BRUTAL.

What you've got here is the Harlem Globetrotters making it to the NBA finals. Congrats. It was bound to happen in how they made sure they rigged the system when it was changed from the Bowl Alliance to the BCS.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":1cbwdbic said:
My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.

Perhaps that's because some Notre Dame fans get their panties in an extreme twist whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about the team or players? Michael Floyd being a case in point. You keep hashing up my late round grade like I made the statement one day before this year's draft. That remark was made after the player was suspended from the teams facility for yet another alcohol related dumb ass mistake. It also followed a tremendously disappointing junior season. And with respect, a lot of Floyd's issues have shown up so far in his rookie season. Kudos to him for boosting his stock enough to go as early as he did over a 14 month period afterwards, but when I made that initial remark about Floyd's stock it was an unbiased, fair reflection on where he was at following his junior season.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

SuperHawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1msv2i34 said:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SuperHawks":1zto852c said:
SharkHawk":1zto852c said:

Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.

You make me hate Notre Dame.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2aqjmxci said:
SuperHawks":2aqjmxci said:
SharkHawk":2aqjmxci said:

You make me hate Notre Dame.

Good. Nothing new. Hate away.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The fact that you're in a National Championship game and are whining about haters is hilarious. Nobody hates the Harlem Globetrotters. They don't notice them anymore either. So you both have a lot in common. Is Curly going to come into the game and slide into the endzone while dribbling the ball? Maybe Meadowlark Lemon will come put up a halfcourt shot from behind the back for a TD. "OH Sweeeeet Georgia Brooooooown!" Go Golden Domes. Hopefully they get to play the Washington Generals in the championship game.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...alabama-bcs-national-championship-sec-georgia

"Sporting News asked Kenny White, longtime oddsmaker in Las Vegas and one of The Linemakers on Sporting News for betting lines on potential games between the Irish and the six SEC teams ranked in the top 10 of the current BCS poll. Of those six teams, Notre Dame would be favored to win twice: against No. 10 South Carolina by 3 points and Florida by 1½ points.

— Linemakers: SEC Championship Game odds

Among the other four teams, Notre Dame would be:

— 8½-point underdog to No. 2 Alabama.

— 4-point underdog to No. 3 Georgia.

— Pick’em with No. 7 LSU

— 3–point underdog to No. 9 Texas A&M"

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Oddsmakers are right so often that it's crazy, but that's why the house always wins.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
DTexHawk":8bsyo9e9 said:
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...alabama-bcs-national-championship-sec-georgia

"Sporting News asked Kenny White, longtime oddsmaker in Las Vegas and one of The Linemakers on Sporting News for betting lines on potential games between the Irish and the six SEC teams ranked in the top 10 of the current BCS poll. Of those six teams, Notre Dame would be favored to win twice: against No. 10 South Carolina by 3 points and Florida by 1½ points.

— Linemakers: SEC Championship Game odds

Among the other four teams, Notre Dame would be:

— 8½-point underdog to No. 2 Alabama.

— 4-point underdog to No. 3 Georgia.

— Pick’em with No. 7 LSU

— 3–point underdog to No. 9 Texas A&M"

Seems about right. I'm actually a bit surprised that LSU is a PK. If anything I'd flip-flop the LSU and A&M spreads.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing SuperHawks has posters of Justin Bieber in his bedroom, listens to Tyler Swift on his IPOD and likes nothing more than having a good old natter about the latest fashions.

That's the mental image I have of anyone who consistently uses the word 'haters'.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3jdsg65z said:
I'm guessing SuperHawks has posters of Justin Bieber in his bedroom, listens to Tyler Swift on his IPOD and likes nothing more than having a good old natter about the latest fashions.

That's the mental image I have of anyone who consistently uses the word 'haters'.

That's the best you can come up with? Really? Wtf is a natter anyway? Stick to discussing soccer man.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
So you don't deny it then?

(Bet he also says things like "You go girl" while clicking his fingers in an elaborate manner)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3iajeb0c said:
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.

Just a HATER!