Russell Wilson is a Leader, Color me Impressed

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• He's a good lad. I'm happy to have him as my QB.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I agree. His preparation and focus for the game was such a contrast against many of the other players. Please rub off on the others down the stretch!
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• yea he gets the job done for the most, however IMHO he does still need a little work on his short/med passing on the run, had he hit his receiver on stride that last drive before they got pushed out of FG range they may have had a TD? certainly 10 more yards so even getting pushed back their still in range, I see a lot of receivers having to adjust to ball the wrong direction, it happens I know but there is some polishing that still needs to be done..
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Doug Baldwin was right. We DID get the best QB in the draft, I dont care what the media says
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Twisted wrote:yea he gets the job done for the most, however IMHO he does still need a little work on his short/med passing on the run, had he hit his receiver on stride that last drive before they got pushed out of FG range they may have had a TD? certainly 10 more yards so even getting pushed back their still in range, I see a lot of receivers having to adjust to ball the wrong direction, it happens I know but there is some polishing that still needs to be done..

agreed, i've noticed this as well... but keep in mind some of those passes we think are miss throws, he's actually throwing the recievers open, putting the ball in the only spot he can to avoid a pick, and recievers have to make the adjustments.. the announcers sunday made a comment about it actually.. but yes he can be a little wild on his shorter passes... but boy what a beautiful deep ball...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Think he's got to be the front runner for Offensive Rookie of the Month for November.
    The only competition is from RGIII and Doug Martin (who won September and October respectively, and I think they like to share it out anyway), but RGIII had a poor game against Carolina, Martin had 2 poor performances, a great performance and an absolutely fantastic performance.

Wilson only played 3 games, but set two rookie records and put up >125 QB rating in all three, and only RGIII put up a better QB rating (of any QB, not just rookies) for the month (and only just, 129.4 to Wilson's 128.6)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Three straight games of 125+ passer rating. No rookie has ever done that.

For the 59th time since we drafted him.... "I told you so"!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• It is ironic that arguably the most mature and level headed player on the Hawks is their rookie QB.

I wish we could clone him and put him somewhere on the defense so when they start freaking out and getting out of position he'd be there to calm everybody down.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:It is ironic that arguably the most mature and level headed player on the Hawks is their rookie QB.

I wish we could clone him and put him somewhere on the defense so when they start freaking out and getting out of position he'd be there to calm everybody down.
    .....or figure out a way to bottle that calm and pass it around to the D for that calming effect.

Yeah....that's the ticket.....crush it up and put it in a bottle and.....
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• gargantual wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:It is ironic that arguably the most mature and level headed player on the Hawks is their rookie QB

.....or figure out a way to bottle that calm and pass it around to the D for that calming effect.

Yeah....that's the ticket.....crush it up and put it in a bottle and.....

Nah you want your O to be calm, but you want your D to be loud, in your face and irritating the opposition (think Sherman versus Steve Smith)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Twisted wrote:yea he gets the job done for the most, however IMHO he does still need a little work on his short/med passing on the run, had he hit his receiver on stride that last drive before they got pushed out of FG range they may have had a TD? certainly 10 more yards so even getting pushed back their still in range, I see a lot of receivers having to adjust to ball the wrong direction, it happens I know but there is some polishing that still needs to be done..

That's why continuety with his team mates is paramount,,He's building a great foundation in his rookie Season, we really don't know where his ceiling is, but I got a feeling that when Pete lets out a bunch more line on him, I think we are all going to be amazed at just how much he's got to show.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information