Sherman and Browner facing suspension

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3gbis495 said:
NorCal":3gbis495 said:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

Yup, happy it looks like it will all work out without a suspension :th2thumbs:

Shows that fans shouldnt just jump to conclusions like dimwits

How did you come to this conclusion from reading the article? It doesn't clear them of wrong doing one iota.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Sounds to me like a waterboy is going to have to fall on this grenade and sacrifice his job for the good of the team.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":20c3rcyt said:
More like clostridiYUM difficile...

You know it. Nothing is more "Yum" than lying on the bathroom floor dying for 3 straight months. YEEEHAW! I lost 37 pounds in 3 weeks. Crazy stuff. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Doctor was 99% sure I had cancer. Luckily tests came back with CDIFF. It's a bunch of crap (literally!). ;)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Omahawk":13sqnm4x said:
Sounds to me like a waterboy is going to have to fall on this grenade and sacrifice his job for the good of the team.

I'm pretty sure that in a new form of Rookie Hazing they just made Winston Guy pee in all 3 cups.

lukerguy

Reaction score
RT @Curtis_Crabtree: In a series of texts, Richard Sherman just denied the USA Today account of the events leading to his positive test.

There's no way Sherman's argument has anything to do with "drinking the wrong water bottle".

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Here is a question:

Would you guys rather have these two for the rest of this season, which you may or may not make the playoffs,

or,

risk losing them for 4 games next year, which could derail 2013?

Young2Rice

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":9y61ce69 said:
NorCal":9y61ce69 said:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

If this is their argument than that is pathetic. No way this is going to fly in the court of appeal.

Ridiculous.

Sounds like a lame excuse.

I agree. At least Sherman has a story. Browner just playing dumb.

For Sherman to prove his case, he would need to identify who has an actual prescription for Adderol on the team which he may have accidentally drank from. That player might not want to get involved in this, even if he does have a legitimate reason for using Adderol. That person may be embarrassed for having a disorder and also he probably shouldn't be taking his medication in that way.

Even if you have a prescription, I think its illegal to use it in a manner like that., IE, you can'y snort it or put it in an unlabeled water bottle which a teammate or a child may accidentally ingest.

canzag

Reaction score
If I had to guess I like Shermans chances of winning an appeal better than Browners.I have a bad feeling Brandon has been busted.Just a hunch but that is just me.

TacomaCoug

Reaction score
If they get suspended our season is over. But honestly, it's not like we were going to win the Superbowl anyway. I'll take a few more losses for a better drafting position and focus on next year.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Color me paranoid, but wouldn't simultaneous failures of a drug test be a "justified" make up for the GB MNF game?

Just think. You're Goodell. Can't reverse the horrible call, but in the back of your mind know the rest of the owners still remember.

The Adderall trend can't be exclusive to the Hawks, yet the two (arguably) best players on our defense test positive simultaneously. Hmmm.

Color me paranoid. Reeks of XL to me, sans Bettis.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
TacomaCoug":2q4xugmt said:
If they get suspended our season is over. But honestly, it's not like we were going to win the Superbowl anyway. I'll take a few more losses for a better drafting position and focus on next year.

Lame

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2cg2v01k said:
TacomaCoug":2cg2v01k said:

Lame

Yep, lame, but I guess some people get more excited about the draft than they do about games and winning them.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
If Pete and John have shown us anything it is that it doesn't matter where they draft. I could care less what draft pick we have, and I want to see wins this year, even if we aren't going to win the superbowl, it doesn't matter. I truly believe in momentum from one season to the next, and that our braintrust will get a better player at pick 15 than most GM's will get at pick 3. Screw draft positioning, I want to win.

And it isn't illegal to take adderall in a drink of water, as it doesn't break down the "anti-abuse" system. You can take it in applesauce too. Totally legal. What you can't do is crush, inject, or snort it. For somebody to put it in a drink with the intention of drinking it is totally ok from what I've been told (I was gagging on pills after my neck fusion). Winston Guy is supposedly on it. It sounds crazy, and VERY farfetched, but if you want a crazy excuse.... Winston puts it in his gatorade, goes to put his shirt on before he drinks it (and the pill softens) Richard drinks it. Oops.

Yeah, I don't believe it either, but I've seen crazier things happen. Speaking of drug diversion.... I once knew a principal who took all of the kids Ritalin out of the safe and replaced it with Vitamin C pills. A kid asks after a week why his pills are twice the size and he can't swallow them. The police come in after the nurse starts looking into it and he gets caught on camera. What a dingus. The worst part was the kids had an awful week not having their meds at school.

I used to have to do pill counts from our school med safe everyday with 2 witnesses and mark it on a chart. We were more careful in an elementary school than the NFL is. Sean Payton and several others were supposedly given keys to a closet that contained prescription pain killers and were using them. This is one reason the Saints got in more trouble. Payton already had a strike against him for pill diversion a couple of seasons ago.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Young2Rice":kzr2ogvb said:
VancitySeahawk":kzr2ogvb said:
NorCal":kzr2ogvb said:

If this is their argument than that is pathetic. No way this is going to fly in the court of appeal.

Ridiculous.

Sounds like a lame excuse.

I agree. At least Sherman has a story. Browner just playing dumb.

For Sherman to prove his case, he would need to identify who has an actual prescription for Adderol on the team which he may have accidentally drank from. That player might not want to get involved in this, even if he does have a legitimate reason for using Adderol. That person may be embarrassed for having a disorder and also he probably shouldn't be taking his medication in that way.

Even if you have a prescription, I think its illegal to use it in a manner like that., IE, you can'y snort it or put it in an unlabeled water bottle which a teammate or a child may accidentally ingest.

Sherman said the "accidentally drank" story was just that.... a story and not true.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1evqwxml said:
If Pete and John have shown us anything it is that it doesn't matter where they draft. I could care less what draft pick we have, and I want to see wins this year, even if we aren't going to win the superbowl, it doesn't matter. I truly believe in momentum from one season to the next, and that our braintrust will get a better player at pick 15 than most GM's will get at pick 3. Screw draft positioning, I want to win.

And it isn't illegal to take adderall in a drink of water, as it doesn't break down the "anti-abuse" system. You can take it in applesauce too. Totally legal. What you can't do is crush, inject, or snort it. For somebody to put it in a drink with the intention of drinking it is totally ok from what I've been told (I was gagging on pills after my neck fusion). Winston Guy is supposedly on it. It sounds crazy, and VERY farfetched, but if you want a crazy excuse.... Winston puts it in his gatorade, goes to put his shirt on before he drinks it (and the pill softens) Richard drinks it. Oops.

Yeah, I don't believe it either, but I've seen crazier things happen. Speaking of drug diversion.... I once knew a principal who took all of the kids Ritalin out of the safe and replaced it with Vitamin C pills. A kid asks after a week why his pills are twice the size and he can't swallow them. The police come in after the nurse starts looking into it and he gets caught on camera. What a dingus. The worst part was the kids had an awful week not having their meds at school.

I used to have to do pill counts from our school med safe everyday with 2 witnesses and mark it on a chart. We were more careful in an elementary school than the NFL is. Sean Payton and several others were supposedly given keys to a closet that contained prescription pain killers and were using them. This is one reason the Saints got in more trouble. Payton already had a strike against him for pill diversion a couple of seasons ago.
This is complete speculation on my part:

IF Malcolm Smith has ADD or ADHD and IF he has an Adderall prescription, I can definitely see him dumping it in his drink to take it because of his throat condition. And it is possible Sherman could have grabbed the wrong bottle.

Is that what happened? Who knows. I definitely think we should let this play out before panicking and assuming the team is doomed.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1iur8b8s said:
Tech Worlds":1iur8b8s said:
TacomaCoug":1iur8b8s said:

Lame

Yep, lame, but I guess some people get more excited about the draft than they do about games and winning them.

If we're going to lose them, I'd rather it happen now than next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NorCal":acpwhvqf said:

Sherman's already come out this morning and said the Adderall in the drink story is false, but has yet to specifically say why he tested positive other than "I'm innocent, no worries."

I'd like to give both he and Browner the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to do now that so many other CB's are being suspended for the same thing. Compound that by the fact that BOTH of them tested positive at the same time makes the whole thing seriously fishy.

Latest posts