why wouldn't pete use a timeout

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
hawkfan333":3npsqj4j said:
no i am not sure and it wouldn't surprise me if he did. He actually screwed up a lot in that game like passing on 2 fieldgoals in the first have that we in hauskas range

The closest we were to a field goal on any of the punts in the first half was at the Miami 38, making it a 55 or 56 yard field goal. Considering there was no score at that time, and Haushka is 1 for 4 on field goals over 50 yards, I'd say it's pretty ridiculous to say that Carroll "screwed up" on that decision.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I think the point is, the Phins might have jumped the gun, not set, etc. and got a penalty that ran out the clock during the spike. Very VERY slim chance, but I saw the same thing happen this weekend. Don't leave any stone unturned.

Twisted

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2n4oyx6f said:
Twisted":2n4oyx6f said:
hawkfan333":2n4oyx6f said:
hey guys if you are going to post on a thread why don't you read the thread he wasn't asking about ICING THE KICKER he was asking why we didn't take one while they were letting the clock tick down to 4 seconds before they called a timeout to kick the field goal

they didn't kick on 4th down right?

time out, fins come back, spike the ball, let the clock run down, kick

I don't think there was any strategy in calling a time out even if they had one?

my DVR recorded half the game, sweet

maybe someone else can go back and see what the situation was, I think the fins had both time and timeouts, and kicked the FG on like the 2nd or 3rd down?

can't remember I watched like 8 games Sunday

I highly doubt Pete or anyone upstairs would have not called a timeout if they thought there would even be a second left after a kickoff as Washington always has a shot at 6 at that wins the game, it may have slipped one coaches mid but not all of them, not to mention the players can call a time out as well..

most likely they didn't have a time out, but since directtv only recorded the first half of the game for me I cant go look, I prolly didn't add the extension? i usually do cuz it needs 4 hours but something else is odd, there are 2 recordings for the game,. the first recording wont play, I select the play option and it jumps right to the do you want to keep or delete option, strange? the second recording is the first half? its never done that before?

sunday ticket can be goofy and I am going to raise cain, in many instances it will have the game on the higher channels 701 through 715(sunday ticket), often after the first half it will black it out on the high channel, then you have to go look for it on the lower channel 3-13 local network, last Sunday it did it vice versa, played the GB game on the local channel through the first half then switched to the high channel after the half?

pretty stoopid cuz the guides don't inform you of the switch so recording is tough, they need to deal with it cuz if it happens during a hawks game I'm throwing it through their front window

sorry I had to vent, after just seeing I only have half the game I am kinda disturbed, one of the reasons I got the Sunday ticket and DVR is so I can go back and analyze, I'm sure someone else has it recorded and can go back and have a peek...

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
Vpk0718":14x3mppe said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGCeMNmyV0

Anything can happen. If you have a timeout there, use it and make them run an extra play.

EXXXXXXXXACTLY! seeing as they just had a illegal formation call... and now you have a rookie qb that just played the biggest game of his nfl career getting ready to take a snap thinking dont lose this dont lose this dont lose this..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cause calling a timeout would have resulted in Miami running one more play, which would have resulted in getting even closer.

If it was fourth down? Yeah you call a timeout. But it wasn't, it was first down..........and that kids, is the story of Christmas.

Ballz

Reaction score
We definitely had the timeout, as I remember the announcers commenting that Pete could "ice" the kicker if he wanted to.

However, as has been pointed out, since it was first down, they could have just taken a knee and then let it run down to 2 seconds and taken their timeout. Same result.