Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 240
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
NorCal wrote:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


Yup, happy it looks like it will all work out without a suspension :th2thumbs:

Shows that fans shouldnt just jump to conclusions like dimwits


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8830
Location: Granite Falls, WA
therealjohncarlson wrote:
NorCal wrote:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


Yup, happy it looks like it will all work out without a suspension :th2thumbs:

Shows that fans shouldnt just jump to conclusions like dimwits


How did you come to this conclusion from reading the article? It doesn't clear them of wrong doing one iota.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 am
Posts: 522
Sounds to me like a waterboy is going to have to fall on this grenade and sacrifice his job for the good of the team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
jkitsune wrote:
More like clostridiYUM difficile...


You know it. Nothing is more "Yum" than lying on the bathroom floor dying for 3 straight months. YEEEHAW! I lost 37 pounds in 3 weeks. Crazy stuff. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Doctor was 99% sure I had cancer. Luckily tests came back with CDIFF. It's a bunch of crap (literally!). ;)

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Omahawk wrote:
Sounds to me like a waterboy is going to have to fall on this grenade and sacrifice his job for the good of the team.


I'm pretty sure that in a new form of Rookie Hazing they just made Winston Guy pee in all 3 cups.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
Quote:
RT @Curtis_Crabtree: In a series of texts, Richard Sherman just denied the USA Today account of the events leading to his positive test.


There's no way Sherman's argument has anything to do with "drinking the wrong water bottle".

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:15 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm
Posts: 147
Here is a question:

Would you guys rather have these two for the rest of this season, which you may or may not make the playoffs,

or,

risk losing them for 4 games next year, which could derail 2013?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 951
NorCal wrote:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

If this is their argument than that is pathetic. No way this is going to fly in the court of appeal.

Ridiculous.

Sounds like a lame excuse.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm
Posts: 147
VancitySeahawk wrote:
NorCal wrote:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

If this is their argument than that is pathetic. No way this is going to fly in the court of appeal.

Ridiculous.

Sounds like a lame excuse.


I agree. At least Sherman has a story. Browner just playing dumb.

For Sherman to prove his case, he would need to identify who has an actual prescription for Adderol on the team which he may have accidentally drank from. That player might not want to get involved in this, even if he does have a legitimate reason for using Adderol. That person may be embarrassed for having a disorder and also he probably shouldn't be taking his medication in that way.

Even if you have a prescription, I think its illegal to use it in a manner like that., IE, you can'y snort it or put it in an unlabeled water bottle which a teammate or a child may accidentally ingest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 am
Posts: 500
If I had to guess I like Shermans chances of winning an appeal better than Browners.I have a bad feeling Brandon has been busted.Just a hunch but that is just me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:30 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am
Posts: 3
If they get suspended our season is over. But honestly, it's not like we were going to win the Superbowl anyway. I'll take a few more losses for a better drafting position and focus on next year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm
Posts: 595
Location: T-Town
Color me paranoid, but wouldn't simultaneous failures of a drug test be a "justified" make up for the GB MNF game?

Just think. You're Goodell. Can't reverse the horrible call, but in the back of your mind know the rest of the owners still remember.

The Adderall trend can't be exclusive to the Hawks, yet the two (arguably) best players on our defense test positive simultaneously. Hmmm.

Color me paranoid. Reeks of XL to me, sans Bettis.

_________________
SEC 139 ROW AA SEAT 3


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8830
Location: Granite Falls, WA
TacomaCoug wrote:
If they get suspended our season is over. But honestly, it's not like we were going to win the Superbowl anyway. I'll take a few more losses for a better drafting position and focus on next year.


Lame

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2359
Tech Worlds wrote:
TacomaCoug wrote:
If they get suspended our season is over. But honestly, it's not like we were going to win the Superbowl anyway. I'll take a few more losses for a better drafting position and focus on next year.


Lame



Yep, lame, but I guess some people get more excited about the draft than they do about games and winning them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
If Pete and John have shown us anything it is that it doesn't matter where they draft. I could care less what draft pick we have, and I want to see wins this year, even if we aren't going to win the superbowl, it doesn't matter. I truly believe in momentum from one season to the next, and that our braintrust will get a better player at pick 15 than most GM's will get at pick 3. Screw draft positioning, I want to win.

And it isn't illegal to take adderall in a drink of water, as it doesn't break down the "anti-abuse" system. You can take it in applesauce too. Totally legal. What you can't do is crush, inject, or snort it. For somebody to put it in a drink with the intention of drinking it is totally ok from what I've been told (I was gagging on pills after my neck fusion). Winston Guy is supposedly on it. It sounds crazy, and VERY farfetched, but if you want a crazy excuse.... Winston puts it in his gatorade, goes to put his shirt on before he drinks it (and the pill softens) Richard drinks it. Oops.

Yeah, I don't believe it either, but I've seen crazier things happen. Speaking of drug diversion.... I once knew a principal who took all of the kids Ritalin out of the safe and replaced it with Vitamin C pills. A kid asks after a week why his pills are twice the size and he can't swallow them. The police come in after the nurse starts looking into it and he gets caught on camera. What a dingus. The worst part was the kids had an awful week not having their meds at school.

I used to have to do pill counts from our school med safe everyday with 2 witnesses and mark it on a chart. We were more careful in an elementary school than the NFL is. Sean Payton and several others were supposedly given keys to a closet that contained prescription pain killers and were using them. This is one reason the Saints got in more trouble. Payton already had a strike against him for pill diversion a couple of seasons ago.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2234
Young2Rice wrote:
VancitySeahawk wrote:
NorCal wrote:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

If this is their argument than that is pathetic. No way this is going to fly in the court of appeal.

Ridiculous.

Sounds like a lame excuse.


I agree. At least Sherman has a story. Browner just playing dumb.

For Sherman to prove his case, he would need to identify who has an actual prescription for Adderol on the team which he may have accidentally drank from. That player might not want to get involved in this, even if he does have a legitimate reason for using Adderol. That person may be embarrassed for having a disorder and also he probably shouldn't be taking his medication in that way.

Even if you have a prescription, I think its illegal to use it in a manner like that., IE, you can'y snort it or put it in an unlabeled water bottle which a teammate or a child may accidentally ingest.


Sherman said the "accidentally drank" story was just that.... a story and not true.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4373
Location: Southern CA
SharkHawk wrote:
If Pete and John have shown us anything it is that it doesn't matter where they draft. I could care less what draft pick we have, and I want to see wins this year, even if we aren't going to win the superbowl, it doesn't matter. I truly believe in momentum from one season to the next, and that our braintrust will get a better player at pick 15 than most GM's will get at pick 3. Screw draft positioning, I want to win.

And it isn't illegal to take adderall in a drink of water, as it doesn't break down the "anti-abuse" system. You can take it in applesauce too. Totally legal. What you can't do is crush, inject, or snort it. For somebody to put it in a drink with the intention of drinking it is totally ok from what I've been told (I was gagging on pills after my neck fusion). Winston Guy is supposedly on it. It sounds crazy, and VERY farfetched, but if you want a crazy excuse.... Winston puts it in his gatorade, goes to put his shirt on before he drinks it (and the pill softens) Richard drinks it. Oops.

Yeah, I don't believe it either, but I've seen crazier things happen. Speaking of drug diversion.... I once knew a principal who took all of the kids Ritalin out of the safe and replaced it with Vitamin C pills. A kid asks after a week why his pills are twice the size and he can't swallow them. The police come in after the nurse starts looking into it and he gets caught on camera. What a dingus. The worst part was the kids had an awful week not having their meds at school.

I used to have to do pill counts from our school med safe everyday with 2 witnesses and mark it on a chart. We were more careful in an elementary school than the NFL is. Sean Payton and several others were supposedly given keys to a closet that contained prescription pain killers and were using them. This is one reason the Saints got in more trouble. Payton already had a strike against him for pill diversion a couple of seasons ago.

This is complete speculation on my part:

IF Malcolm Smith has ADD or ADHD and IF he has an Adderall prescription, I can definitely see him dumping it in his drink to take it because of his throat condition. And it is possible Sherman could have grabbed the wrong bottle.

Is that what happened? Who knows. I definitely think we should let this play out before panicking and assuming the team is doomed.

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:37 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
HawKnPeppa wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
TacomaCoug wrote:
If they get suspended our season is over. But honestly, it's not like we were going to win the Superbowl anyway. I'll take a few more losses for a better drafting position and focus on next year.


Lame



Yep, lame, but I guess some people get more excited about the draft than they do about games and winning them.


If we're going to lose them, I'd rather it happen now than next year.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
NorCal wrote:
If these are the stories these guys are sticking to, then I wouldn't expect the appeals to take long.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


Sherman's already come out this morning and said the Adderall in the drink story is false, but has yet to specifically say why he tested positive other than "I'm innocent, no worries."

I'd like to give both he and Browner the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to do now that so many other CB's are being suspended for the same thing. Compound that by the fact that BOTH of them tested positive at the same time makes the whole thing seriously fishy.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Olympia
seatt1eslew wrote:
Color me paranoid, but wouldn't simultaneous failures of a drug test be a "justified" make up for the GB MNF game?

Just think. You're Goodell. Can't reverse the horrible call, but in the back of your mind know the rest of the owners still remember.

The Adderall trend can't be exclusive to the Hawks, yet the two (arguably) best players on our defense test positive simultaneously. Hmmm.

Color me paranoid. Reeks of XL to me, sans Bettis.


You're not alone. I detest feeling that way, but sometimes the whole 'follow the money' thing just fits too well. I mean how is State Farm supposed to sell all those discount double checks and Pizza Hut to sell all those boxes of empty calories with A-Rodg sitting at home watching the Seahawks in the playoffs?

I know it sounds crazy paranoid. I know. But it has to be recognized that certain story lines are of benefit to the NFL brand, especially when it comes to the drama of the post-season. It doesn't hurt when the more storied franchises have players with huge endorsement deals. Those companies are just dying to flood the airwaves with their stars, and the NFL with cash.

Maybe the timing of all this is contributing to the conspiracy thoughts. Does anyone know how these are usually handled? Is it common to have a positive test, then hear about it two months later?

On a related, but different note, didn't Brian Cushing get nailed and still win DROY? Even in a re-vote they gave it to him. Everyone's entitled to their opinion about substance users, but getting caught is not as damning as some seem to think.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2742
HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
seatt1eslew wrote:
Color me paranoid, but wouldn't simultaneous failures of a drug test be a "justified" make up for the GB MNF game?

Just think. You're Goodell. Can't reverse the horrible call, but in the back of your mind know the rest of the owners still remember.

The Adderall trend can't be exclusive to the Hawks, yet the two (arguably) best players on our defense test positive simultaneously. Hmmm.

Color me paranoid. Reeks of XL to me, sans Bettis.


You're not alone. I detest feeling that way, but sometimes the whole 'follow the money' thing just fits too well. I mean how is State Farm supposed to sell all those discount double checks and Pizza Hut to sell all those boxes of empty calories with A-Rodg sitting at home watching the Seahawks in the playoffs?

I know it sounds crazy paranoid. I know. But it has to be recognized that certain story lines are of benefit to the NFL brand, especially when it comes to the drama of the post-season. It doesn't hurt when the more storied franchises have players with huge endorsement deals. Those companies are just dying to flood the airwaves with their stars, and the NFL with cash.

Maybe the timing of all this is contributing to the conspiracy thoughts. Does anyone know how these are usually handled? Is it common to have a positive test, then hear about it two months later?

On a related, but different note, didn't Brian Cushing get nailed and still win DROY? Even in a re-vote they gave it to him. Everyone's entitled to their opinion about substance users, but getting caught is not as damning as some seem to think.


I'll go further than that regarding Cushing. His injury got people talking about banning blocks to the knees in general. The NFL wants to protect Cushing like they did Brady through rule changes because he fills seats.

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Cushing? The same guy who had monster stats as a rookie, and claimed he had tumors, but then has gotten progressively less impressive as time has passed? That Cushing? That guy is the biggest liar in history. I think no matter what Sherman has supposedly said or hasn't said, nothing he can say will be as totally ridiculous as what Cushing said. I think about it now and have to make sure I'm not drinking something so I don't do a "Cushing's justification for his failed PED test spit take" (patent pending).

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Posts: 445
Location: Mindianapolis, Idaho
It took Kevin and Pat Williams' case 3 years to reach a conclusion. I'm not sweatin this.

_________________
'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 3486
Location: Spokane, Wa
I hope these two can beat this accusation. It's not likely though. Theyre still my favorite Seahawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman and Browner facing suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8830
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Sherman claims his positive test is....... INCORRECT!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.