RW broke a record with yesterday's game

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
RW broke a record with yesterday's game
Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am
  • According to the Seahawks Facebook page:
    "Russell Wilson becomes first rookie in NFL history with passer rating of 125+ in three-consecutive games."

Thought I'd post something to try and lighten up the mood a little bit...
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Heard that he also set an NFL record for consecutive completed passes by a rookie QB... at 16.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Bump. This is some serious business, oh wait Andrew Luck still deserves the Heisman er I mean Rookie of the Year.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• I would absolutely love it if our offense would air it out a few times this year. He has shown 95% of the time he won't make a dumb pass, why not let him throw 30+ times a game? They don't even need to be huge shots down the field, just consistent short game if teams are stacking 8-9 in the box like Miami to stop Marshawn.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• ^^this

It's almost like they're afraid to fully trust him yet.

Stubbornness was always a Holmgren trait that was frustrating, but I figured all coaches are like that to some degree. Is Carroll/Bevell/Cable too set in their idea of what they think will work... feed Marshawn ALL day with a rook at the helm?

Seems like there were times they didn't stick with Lynch last season with T-Jack at QB! If you're going to trust the Bills now 3rd stringer to air it out, why not DangeRuss??!p
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    jman316
    NET Starter

• Perhaps the 8 man boxes and play action bites (due to our running game) helps take the pressure off him and make his reads in the passing game easier? Maybe he wouldn't be as efficient if he had to pass 30 times in a game and teams gameplanned to stop him?

Naaaaahhhhh.....

Air it out!!!!
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• jman316 wrote:^^this

It's almost like they're afraid to fully trust him yet.

Stubbornness was always a Holmgren trait that was frustrating, but I figured all coaches are like that to some degree. Is Carroll/Bevell/Cable too set in their idea of what they think will work... feed Marshawn ALL day with a rook at the helm?

Seems like there were times they didn't stick with Lynch last season with T-Jack at QB! If you're going to trust the Bills now 3rd stringer to air it out, why not DangeRuss??!p

You forget that TJack was in the Bevell offense for several years (in both Minneapolis and Seattle) and finally mastered all of Bevell's highly cerebral plays. Wilson is just a pint-sized running quarterback who shared Bevell's alma mater. :sarcasm_off:
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• But.. but... but RG III!!!!! :sarcasm_off:
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

• We may see RW airing it out 35-40 times a game if our defense takes a significant step back if the suspensions of our DB's happens.
    Rafi
    NET Practice Squad

• The man is putting up a ridiculously good rookie season, especially for a 3rd round draft pick. Of course, as that was dictated by too many people shying away from the height hype, I take that "3rd rounder" stuff with a grain of salt. To set those two rookie records is very good news, and records I'd much rather my quarterback break than a lot of other ones.

Pass completions and pass attempts in a game are indications the guy's passing the ball a lot. Quarterback rating and consecutive completions are much better indications of accuracy. It shows real progress and talent at the position, and I'll take that any day over some of the other records. The only other records I really want to see is the TD passes record and most wins by a rookie, because points and wins are what this league is all about.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Moved this up the forum for a rehash.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:The man is putting up a ridiculously good rookie season, especially for a 3rd round draft pick. Of course, as that was dictated by too many people shying away from the height hype, I take that "3rd rounder" stuff with a grain of salt. To set those two rookie records is very good news, and records I'd much rather my quarterback break than a lot of other ones.

Pass completions and pass attempts in a game are indications the guy's passing the ball a lot. Quarterback rating and consecutive completions are much better indications of accuracy. It shows real progress and talent at the position, and I'll take that any day over some of the other records. The only other records I really want to see is the TD passes record and most wins by a rookie, because points and wins are what this league is all about.

The best he can do is match it - by winning the superbowl
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

He's phenomenal. Open it up, Pete!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

Good stuff Greg. They need to be hitting 30 passes a game IMO. Yes they need to stay committed to the run, but they need to change it up a bit like they had done in previous weeks. This last week against Miami we kind of reverted back to the GB playcalling of run, run and pass on 3rd and long.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

Good stuff Greg. They need to be hitting 30 passes a game IMO. Yes they need to stay committed to the run, but they need to change it up a bit like they had done in previous weeks. This last week against Miami we kind of reverted back to the GB playcalling of run, run and pass on 3rd and long.

I totally agree. If something is not working, ADJUST. It drove me bananas to see the same inside runs with Marshawn over and over again against Miami, getting destroyed every time. A huge weakness of this coaching staff is in-game adjustments, other than waiting until half-time. I'm not sure how Bevell is game planning, but it sure looks like he has one plan and no matter what they keep trying to go with it.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information