What's your patience level?

seabowl

Reaction score
Being a Hawk fan 3k miles away for around 25 years I have had a ton of patience waiting for this team to win a bowl (just one is all I want guys). With this said I am holding back my "fire Pete" chant because as I felt originally this is a 4 year rebuild at least. I remember back around 2002 when Holmy had been here for some time and the team seemed to regress. There were many looking for him to get fired but luckily we stuck with him and eventually it produced our only SB appearance. Am I upset with this year? Hell yeah I want to win every year but this is a marathon not a race so I am in it at least for 1 more complete year before I start grumbling about a coaching change (saw a few Sean Payton comments made here recently). What's your patience level?

Sac

Reaction score
Pete himself said it was a 4 year plan, but because things were progressing faster than we thought it would we upped our own expectations and now we're upset.

I'll say one thing though, the only thing keeping me from hulk smashing stuff is the phenomenal progress of RW. I hope the rest of the team starts busting their butts the way he does.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
Well if your a fan of any seattle sports fan then your patience is about as long as you have been a fan lol but in all seriousness i really think whether we make the playoffs this year or not next year is the year we should really be considered contenders and is the year i would expect us to be. This year has far exceeded my expectations especially with a rookie QB and very young team so lets hope we can catch some magic this year but should expect it to happen next year

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
One thing we have to look at is how good this team is getting, I know we still have set backs but we also have made changes at QB last couple years, and have a rookie LB Starting QB, and DE. This team has only improved since Pete has been here each year, and really I think Pete should at least get 2 more years to groom RW, and let this team grow up a little. Pete didn't inherit a team like Harbaugh did, he came into a horrible mess and so far is cleaning it up nicely.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
said perfectly seahawks4life a bunch of fans think PC is a bum because he isnt winning like that douche down south who's name i refuse to type lol but he inherited a good young team he didnt have to build anything where Pete got an old over paid lazy team and had to change everything here

themunn

Reaction score
I make Russell Wilson look jumped-up.

At the end of the day it's just a game, I hope for a win, if they lose well then I hope they win next week. The change will get made if and when it needs to be made

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
No matter what happens this year, Pete gets all of next year.

If there is not major improvement next year (10-6 or better, playoffs) we can have the conversation.

Seriously people, this isn't even a discussion topic until next year, and only if things go south.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
themunn":3nxdc5uo said:
I make Russell Wilson look jumped-up.

At the end of the day it's just a game, I hope for a win, if they lose well then I hope they win next week. The change will get made if and when it needs to be made

This is pretty much me as well. I've waited 35 years, i see no reason i cant wait another 35. Although hopefully I dont have to.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
If I wasn't patient, I would have bailed out long ago, like `92 would have been a good year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day. The 49ers were in the pits for the last decade and now it is all coming together. It's been 3 years since the Seahawks team we knew was gutted and already are in the driver seat for a playoff birth with one of the youngest teams in the NFL. This team fights in every game even if the score doesn't always reflect it. The old Seahawks would lose by 25 on long road trips and we haven't lost a game by more than 7, most of which have been settled on the last play of the game. We got comfy beating bad teams in our division with a team that was no where near as talented as we are now on both sides of the ball and now can play with the big dogs.

I know it's fun to raise pitchforks and claim for heads but be realistic here. This 'woe is me' attitude is annoying. We aren't drowning in mediocrity, it is obvious what will be improved upon next season. Statistically we are so much better than even last years team and we still have a handful of home games left to determine our playoff birth. TBH I am excited for the draft already regardless of where we draft because I know we will get more talented young players. I think I'd rather hear the Flynn vs RW talks again than read some of the posts that always come out after losses.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm with Sachawk. I kinda lost some optimism when we started a rookie, thinking that we would've lost a bunch more games by now and be out of the playoff contention.

Instead, we've won most of the games we should've lost, we've lost some games we should've won, and I upped my expectation level, while my frustration mounts. Lol. Gah

Davehawk

Reaction score
I'm giving him through to the end of next year myself, but I know a lot of people that are heavy on the Win Now line of thinking.

I honestly can't see Paul Allen doing anything before at least the end of next year.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
I am still patient and think Pete needs more time. I'd give him through next year.

While I am disappointed in the performance, I don't think Pete has done such a poor job to deserve getting fired this year. I don't know who you go for other than Gruden.

That said, if drug use is higher among players on his team, than on others, than may warrant some changes.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Largent80":21klrruh said:
I am on a 50 year plan. I'm running out of years.

I can only assume this means you have been a fan since the teams inception.

I just had a wave of respect come over me for those of you that have literally been Seahawks fans as long as the seahawks existed. It was before I was born, so I couldn't be a fan then, but I've only been a casual fan since the mid 90's (loosley following the team as a kid - at that point i was more into Mariners) and serious since about 2002/3 ish. Crossed into "die-hard status" just in time for Pete's arrival, which I define as watching every snap of every game including preseason.

Anyway, the point is it just really made me think of how most of you just want to see a championship once in your life... is that really so much to ask? XL must have been that much more painful for you guys.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
C'mon man, this thread, seriously? We are all fanatics about this team, we have all the patience in the world for this team but are seeing enough here that we want more than we are seeing them deliver yet. At this stage of the Eason with a 6-5 record I see a team that

Some of us are lifers around here and have been fans since inception. Yes that's since '76. Patience? I have lots for this team whether they frustrate me or not. It's certainly frustrating to watch this team on the road without a doubt. They are way better than they play when on the road. ijust don't get the problem and why the team can't djust slep schedules or meal times to make it fit on a schedule basis. It's also frustrating to watch this team after a bye b/c they consistently suck. Are they just not good, or mediocre? Nah, just young this year and last. That said, I'm tired of excuses for the road woes, they need to take care of business noise or not and get it done next weekend and and in Buffalo. Home is different they get energy from us twelves.

At this stage the OLine is still weak and the pass rush inconsistent. My sig says it all when both are kick ass units we will have a team that will championships. That's plural for the record.

I've been here as a fan patiently waiting since '76. '05 was amazing and the experience of being there for that NFC Championship game a memorable lifetime experience, i will keep my confetti in my game bags until they win again, and them I will reload with more. Without a doubt I still cannot watch XL w/o having a sinking feeling we got screwed. Painful? For sure and that is an understatement. That said, I want more, I want a consistent championship team, I want Schneider's vision for the Seahawks. This front office is building a good team here and we will experience highs and lows until they get it done. They will get it done when they get all the pieces here. We all need to wait and watch and be patient this is a developing picture and the picture will eventually be worth the wait.

Until then we all will grumble, piss and moan, complain about play selection, specific players, the D, WRs, be up and down week to week. Simply that is our role as fanatics. In almost three seasons the pieces are mostly all here and things are looking better in a real sense than they have here since inception. I have lots of patience and a very high frustration level as well.

Just my view but my patience is always here but I want more from the team than I am seeing so far. This is a better team than we have seen so far. The final five game will tell us lots. However, there is always next year, built on this year.