play of the game......what the heck was ET thinking ??

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Exactly
ensett":2ti7g7vg said:
He went airborne to try to deflect the pass and/or disrupt the QBs vision, why would he slow down? We want our guys to stop giving 100%?

ProckHawks

Reaction score
BOO F***** WOO! Thomas made a play. The Refs made the right call(as tick tacky as that is). The rules need to change. Don't blame ET for trying to do his job. I'll admit I was pissed after it happen but we still let them sroce 3 TD's. The defense as a whole played bad.

We're 6-5. We're still in this. QUIT CRYING. Some of you guys sound like Whiner fans!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3j3gnsqm said:
glowingeyedseahawk":3j3gnsqm said:
m0ng0":3j3gnsqm said:
dude was airborne, not much he could do to adjust in flight.........sh*t happens, I could point to many more plays that cost us this game

I don't buy this......
You could see him (on camera) coming from 10 yards away.....
If you're gonna hit Tannen-bomb, why not go mid-section ??
IMO
....he could've held-up or veered off.....he had time to anticipate !!??

Maybe on the 3rd slow-motion replay from your couch he had time to anticipate.

I thought the point of football was to rush the QB, football is becoming sissy league, although I understand if it was head to head.

That play cost us the game it's a 7 point swing, with probably less than 4 minutes left in the game.

djb28

Reaction score
How was he suppose to stop? He was already in the air! To look in to this matter a little closer I decided to run out doors and jump in front of on coming traffi...

Kixkahn

Reaction score
ensett":1acmbxjp said:
If we are talking about the penalty, then it was the right call, but its one of the dumbest things in sports. Contrary to popular belief, ET is not actually a wizard and had no way to change his path when he jumped. They either need to change it to a judgement call, get rid of it completely, or start flagging the QB for just standing there and creating an injury risk when he could have just stepped 1 foot to his right.
I like your point, and your right. The roughing the passer rule needs some serious re-evaluation, but more than anything the refs need to be consistent. Too often I am seeing a similar situation not called.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":20aqxa0a said:
To be fair.. the Washington KO return basically washed that off the board. It was the following defensive series that went a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.

True. Completely agree. Though I wanted Wagner to get his 2nd pick of the day. I was thinking BALLGAME, until I saw the flag. I'm glad Washington finally got his. I feel bad for him, in all the games he's had a big impact we've lost--AZ 2 huge returns results in 2 FG's. Then today, he get's a return and the defense lays an egg.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
ET knows the rules like every other player we have. This team is undisciplined and the penalties are just going to keep coming until PC gets tough.