Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
According to the Seahawks Facebook page:
"Russell Wilson becomes first rookie in NFL history with passer rating of 125+ in three-consecutive games."

Thought I'd post something to try and lighten up the mood a little bit...

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2875
Heard that he also set an NFL record for consecutive completed passes by a rookie QB... at 16.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Behind you
Bump. This is some serious business, oh wait Andrew Luck still deserves the Heisman er I mean Rookie of the Year.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 1551
I would absolutely love it if our offense would air it out a few times this year. He has shown 95% of the time he won't make a dumb pass, why not let him throw 30+ times a game? They don't even need to be huge shots down the field, just consistent short game if teams are stacking 8-9 in the box like Miami to stop Marshawn.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 am
Posts: 362
Location: Kingston, WA
^^this

It's almost like they're afraid to fully trust him yet.

Stubbornness was always a Holmgren trait that was frustrating, but I figured all coaches are like that to some degree. Is Carroll/Bevell/Cable too set in their idea of what they think will work... feed Marshawn ALL day with a rook at the helm?

Seems like there were times they didn't stick with Lynch last season with T-Jack at QB! If you're going to trust the Bills now 3rd stringer to air it out, why not DangeRuss??!p

_________________
"Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Hamilton
Perhaps the 8 man boxes and play action bites (due to our running game) helps take the pressure off him and make his reads in the passing game easier? Maybe he wouldn't be as efficient if he had to pass 30 times in a game and teams gameplanned to stop him?

Naaaaahhhhh.....

Air it out!!!!

_________________
Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
Image
Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 568
jman316 wrote:
^^this

It's almost like they're afraid to fully trust him yet.

Stubbornness was always a Holmgren trait that was frustrating, but I figured all coaches are like that to some degree. Is Carroll/Bevell/Cable too set in their idea of what they think will work... feed Marshawn ALL day with a rook at the helm?

Seems like there were times they didn't stick with Lynch last season with T-Jack at QB! If you're going to trust the Bills now 3rd stringer to air it out, why not DangeRuss??!p


You forget that TJack was in the Bevell offense for several years (in both Minneapolis and Seattle) and finally mastered all of Bevell's highly cerebral plays. Wilson is just a pint-sized running quarterback who shared Bevell's alma mater. :sarcasm_off:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 am
Posts: 2052
But.. but... but RG III!!!!! :sarcasm_off:

_________________
Member formally known as AC59


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am
Posts: 55
We may see RW airing it out 35-40 times a game if our defense takes a significant step back if the suspensions of our DB's happens.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17580
Location: The beautiful PNW
The man is putting up a ridiculously good rookie season, especially for a 3rd round draft pick. Of course, as that was dictated by too many people shying away from the height hype, I take that "3rd rounder" stuff with a grain of salt. To set those two rookie records is very good news, and records I'd much rather my quarterback break than a lot of other ones.

Pass completions and pass attempts in a game are indications the guy's passing the ball a lot. Quarterback rating and consecutive completions are much better indications of accuracy. It shows real progress and talent at the position, and I'll take that any day over some of the other records. The only other records I really want to see is the TD passes record and most wins by a rookie, because points and wins are what this league is all about.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Moved this up the forum for a rehash.

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2261
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
The man is putting up a ridiculously good rookie season, especially for a 3rd round draft pick. Of course, as that was dictated by too many people shying away from the height hype, I take that "3rd rounder" stuff with a grain of salt. To set those two rookie records is very good news, and records I'd much rather my quarterback break than a lot of other ones.

Pass completions and pass attempts in a game are indications the guy's passing the ball a lot. Quarterback rating and consecutive completions are much better indications of accuracy. It shows real progress and talent at the position, and I'll take that any day over some of the other records. The only other records I really want to see is the TD passes record and most wins by a rookie, because points and wins are what this league is all about.


The best he can do is match it - by winning the superbowl


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

He's phenomenal. Open it up, Pete!

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:13 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2267
FlyingGreg wrote:
Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

He's phenomenal. Open it up, Pete!


Good stuff Greg. They need to be hitting 30 passes a game IMO. Yes they need to stay committed to the run, but they need to change it up a bit like they had done in previous weeks. This last week against Miami we kind of reverted back to the GB playcalling of run, run and pass on 3rd and long.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RW broke a record with yesterday's game
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
jlwaters1 wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
Wilson in his last four games (including 2 road games):

74 of 105 (70.5%), 821 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT. His QB rating has been 125+ in three of those games and it was 96.8 in the other (Detroit).

He's phenomenal. Open it up, Pete!


Good stuff Greg. They need to be hitting 30 passes a game IMO. Yes they need to stay committed to the run, but they need to change it up a bit like they had done in previous weeks. This last week against Miami we kind of reverted back to the GB playcalling of run, run and pass on 3rd and long.


I totally agree. If something is not working, ADJUST. It drove me bananas to see the same inside runs with Marshawn over and over again against Miami, getting destroyed every time. A huge weakness of this coaching staff is in-game adjustments, other than waiting until half-time. I'm not sure how Bevell is game planning, but it sure looks like he has one plan and no matter what they keep trying to go with it.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.