The Bears got decimated by injuries today

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
endzorn":2tzmkgyu said:
Tech Worlds":2tzmkgyu said:
Largent80":2tzmkgyu said:
So we supposedly need injuries to win?....No, we beat ourselves every week with stupid assed penalties and poor playcalling / execution.

This team is OUT of excuses.

We need the other team to screw up or be injured. It's cause we are mediocre.
I don't think we have mediocre talent. You don't win 5 straight at home with mediocre talent.

I think we have a mediocre coaching staff that doesn't know how to win on the road.

The net result is the same bro.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Motivation by the Seahawks needs to be, DON'T embarrass yourselves by playing like you did today against the Phins, and like before with the Lions.

Injuries is sometimes a door that gets opened, for another player to come in and shine, >>see Richard Sherman <<

endzorn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3lfxn14q said:
endzorn":3lfxn14q said:
Tech Worlds":3lfxn14q said:
I don't think we have mediocre talent. You don't win 5 straight at home with mediocre talent.

I think we have a mediocre coaching staff that doesn't know how to win on the road.

I wasn't arguing...simply defining the method of our mediocrity.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
endzorn":3ieclp18 said:
Tech Worlds":3ieclp18 said:
endzorn":3ieclp18 said:
Tech Worlds said:

I wasn't arguing...simply defining the method of our mediocrity.

Haha! Sorry!

garydrake425

Reaction score
scutterhawk":21bv0hk9 said:
Motivation by the Seahawks needs to be, DON'T embarrass yourselves by playing like you did today against the Phins, and like before with the Lions.

Injuries is sometimes a door that gets opened, for another player to come in and shine, >>see Richard Sherman <<

This is what i posted on this Bears injury subject yesterday from somebody else and i'll copy and paste it here instead of re write it all. We have a very valid point and Sherm is a perfect Seahawk example. From what i remember Thurmond aint no slouch either. Come on Pete.

Well injuries dont mean anything. What if there replacement turns out to be hidden talent that just needed a shot. I hate to say it but look at the whinners and there QB situation. I just seen Hunter and Williams go down in the game and Lamicheal James and AJ Jenkins will probably be activated next week because of it. I know that both these guys got skills to be starters and that may happen playing for that team. So my point is that you can't count on a win because of injuries anymore then without. Lol Unless u know the back up sucks ass.

hawker84

Reaction score
injuries, 10am games, east coast, the bears, injuries.... none of it means anything, we don't win the games we should, and we win the games we shouldn't... maybe there is something to the home/away thing, i don't know any more... one thing is for certain, our defense is not getting better, actually worse in my opinion, now it's even that much weaker, thinking the corners will be thurmond and Trufant, big ? there.... this all leads me to believe, we're not quite there, we're a barely above average team, who has the talent to pull out wins if they show up. a mediocre D that can only play at home, and a O line, that looks outmaned and outschemed week in and week out... oh and we can't seem to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, how do you have that many false starts in a stadium where you can hear every word / sound being uttered on the field.. i never realized how much chatter goes on, duringa a play... was actually pretty cool to listen to it... one thing is for certain, RW is for real, and is improving every week, still a lot of work to do though....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Browner and Sherman get suspended, it won't matter....Cutler will just throw it to Marshall 30 times.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":3jfl9ugw said:
So we supposedly need injuries to win?....No, we beat ourselves every week with stupid assed penalties and poor playcalling / execution.

This team is OUT of excuses.

.net isn't

kearly

Reaction score
Techworlds, I agree that was a must win game and the Seahawks defense blew it. However I do think we can make up for that loss by beating Chicago. Not much comfort, but it's something. Hope is nice.

On the positive side, Trufant and Thurmond were once starting corners for us before injuries cost them their starting jobs. Trufant does look old though. And Thurmond hasn't played in over a year. But still, these aren't untested players. I seriously doubt Seattle can beat Chicago, but if our corners are not our biggest problem, I could actually envision that.

drdiags

Reaction score
I could see Maxwell or Lane starting opposite of Thurmond. They may ask Tru to go back to his old comfy position but probably would rather keep him at nickle.

Injuries may hamper the Bears but they will do what they need to keep Cutler upright. Also would expect to see Forte and Tillman playing. Otherwise Bush isn't a bad play against our defense with their current run stopping issues.

I suspect the game will be tight unless our DBs just really drop off and/or the team has a nightmarish turnover day.

sam1313

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3icvov0l said:
The bears are going to torch us.

Dang Tech, you always such a Debbie Downer. I mean I was really feeling bad yesterday too, but nobody has "torched us" this year, and I don't think the Bears will be the first. Will we win? That is a different story, but I don't really see anyone "torching us."

Cheers.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Bears have had to shuffle their O-line several times due to 1 player leaving the team, another removed for poor play, and Spencer was a backup pushed into a starters role. Now he is out and they lost their RG for the season, all in the same game.

This can't hurt our chances.

Also Hester a concussion. They have Michael Bush as a Forte replacement.

Our coaching staff needs to put together a better game plan than last week for us to win even with their line full of backups. See US the last few years with our line.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
^^^Agreed that the coaches need to gameplan better. Had 2 weeks to gameplan for the Dolphins and failed.

Hawks only beat the Bears last year because Cutler was hurt and their backup wasn't any good. As long as Cutler is playing Sunday, they should win (although it would be sweet if the Hawks beat him!)