Time for a reality check

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3t4s2vmf said:
SalishHawkFan":3t4s2vmf said:
It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.

The 49'ers didn't have any problem overcoming their "circadian rhythms"......whatever the hell that mumbo jumbo means.

Why? Cause they have a true "Elite" defense that puts teams away in the 4th quarter..........as opposed to our wanna be elite defense that let's teams hang around, gets torched and commits stupid penalties.

PS. It's time to put Trufant out to pasture, he couldn't cover my grandma right now.

The 49ers have only played 2 games at 10AM this year. They lost the first to Vikings, and then won against the awful Jets. Also, if you don't know what a circadian rhythm is, you should probably google more.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":17fa6s71 said:
Sgt. Largent":17fa6s71 said:
SalishHawkFan":17fa6s71 said:
It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.

The 49'ers didn't have any problem overcoming their "circadian rhythms"......whatever the hell that mumbo jumbo means.

Why? Cause they have a true "Elite" defense that puts teams away in the 4th quarter..........as opposed to our wanna be elite defense that let's teams hang around, gets torched and commits stupid penalties.

PS. It's time to put Trufant out to pasture, he couldn't cover my grandma right now.

The 49ers have only played 2 games at 10AM this year. They lost the first to Vikings, and then won against the awful Jets. Also, if you don't know what a circadian rhythm is, you should probably google more.

Well, the 49ers also didn't have any problem overcoming "google".... whatever the hell that gobble gobble jive turkey means.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":36tmn4rs said:
. Also, if you don't know what a circadian rhythm is, you should probably google more.

I just googled it.......it says "lame excuse people use for their teams losing to bad teams on the road."

This game was not lost because of circadian rhythm...........that's out the window after the first quarter. This game was lost because of mental mistakes with stupid penalties (again), undisciplined defense, truly awful stubborn play calling and poor game management. 4th and 1 on your opponent's 38 on the road, and you punt? Jesus H. Christ. Talk about a defeatist attitude.

Throwdown

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":83wvwyu6 said:
SalishHawkFan":83wvwyu6 said:
FlyingGreg":83wvwyu6 said:
A lot of good points.

BUT... NO WAY would we have won more games with Flynn. Wilson has escaped countless sacks and created plays to keep drives alive. Flynn might be on IR at this point if he would have started, as he would have been sacked many more times. He also doesn't have the ability of Wilson to make plays on the run.

Soooo because Wilson is WAY mobile, Flynn isn't mobile at all? Fact is, Flynn is quite mobile. Moreso than the average QB.

And Flynn has shown you this in all of two starts in the NFL in a different offense... :th2thumbs:

FYI, it's not about MOBILITY - it's about ESCAPABILITY. You are beyond kidding yourself if you think Flynn would not be taking a lot of sacks that Wilson has escaped from. Absolutely kidding yourself.

It's silly to even challenge the notion. We are lucky that we have Wilson as he has turned a lot of near disasters into positive plays.

I'm not gonna pretend that i know if Flynn would've won a few more games earlier, but I'm glad we went the route we did. Plus there were a few plays that Russell made that I've only ever seen Mike Vick (Atlanta days) make, I don't think Flynn is quite THAT good.

ensett

Reaction score
The 10am thing is BS, dont these players get into work at like 7am everyday anyway?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm not gonna pretend that i know if Flynn would've won a few more games earlier, but I'm glad we went the route we did. Plus there were a few plays that Russell made that I've only ever seen Mike Vick (Atlanta days) make, I don't think Flynn is quite THAT good.

Exactly - it's easy to see Flynn would have been getting killed this season. A major reason they went with Wilson is exactly what we are seeing - his ability to feel pressure and get out of it and make something happen.

Throwdown

Reaction score
ensett":23pjhn7m said:
The 10am thing is BS, dont these players get into work at like 7am everyday anyway?

Practice is a lot different than a game, brutha and usually at that point they're in classes for a few hours.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3g53zbgp said:
All three of Sgt. Largent's posts on this thread so far are flat out spot on. Great posts man.

Checks in the mail.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20f6zl0j said:
hawksfansinceday1":20f6zl0j said:
All three of Sgt. Largent's posts on this thread so far are flat out spot on. Great posts man.

Checks in the mail.

:D
(but I did mean it....you and Dom are summing up my feelings yesterday and today to the point that all I'm having to do is quote you two)

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
49fansince70":2kvm30gk said:
while the following article doesn't have a lot of history, it shows that the 22% thing is probably bunk...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... mes/14372/

and this (warning, BR article)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5503 ... -advantage

and you have to take into account that the NFC West has kind of stunk overall since 2005ish.
Actually, it shows that I misremembered the number. It's not .22%, it's .254%.

The big news is the Eastern teams dominating the six Western teams, going 44-15 (.746)

chiltech500

Reaction score
lost because of mental mistakes with stupid penalties (again), undisciplined defense, truly awful stubborn play calling and poor game management.

I don't usually comment but this game got to me. Bad coaching all season. PC exerts no discipline and it shows. How many games do we have to watch with multiple stupid penalties (about 10 in the 1st half) and it doesn't phase Carrol, look at his face. Now look at Harbaugh's face when the 49'rs have one penalty.

Carrol accepts mediocrity imo. Mr Largent here is 100% correct about the play calling. Would Belichek keep doing the same thing over and over if it didn't work? How would he treat those players who repeatedly generate penalties???

How many penalties have we had this year for 12 men on the field? BAD COACHING PERIOD.

garydrake425

Reaction score
smashmouth59":37ed2n5q said:
"It's crap decision making by Wright and KJ. They're playing the most like rookies out there."- SalishHawkFan

Both Wright and Kj are playing like rookies? They had better get their act together and start taking their schizophrenia meds.

Hummm... Since when was KJ and Wright two different people. If possbible i'd put one of them in for Leroy. :mrgreen:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chiltech500":98brr8lv said:
I don't usually comment but this game got to me. Bad coaching all season. PC exerts no discipline and it shows. How many games do we have to watch with multiple stupid penalties (about 10 in the 1st half) and it doesn't phase Carrol, look at his face. Now look at Harbaugh's face when the 49'rs have one penalty.

Carrol accepts mediocrity imo. Mr Largent here is 100% correct about the play calling. Would Belichek keep doing the same thing over and over if it didn't work? How would he treat those players who repeatedly generate penalties???

You're stuck in a time warp from Week 6. The Seahawks have been one of the least penalized teams in the league for the past six weeks. They had a relapse yesterday, but it hasn't been happening for a long time.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... be-taught/

A month or so ago, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had seen enough. In a team meeting, he went off on the chronic rules violators, called them out, let them know that the bench awaited those who continued to get flagged for penalties.

In the first five games, they’d been flagged and had penalties accepted 44 times for 363 yards. The last five? Just 20 accepted penalties for 159 yards. By game average, the Hawks now are the least penalized in the NFC West at 6.4 per game (SF 6.9, Arizona 7.0, St. Louis 8.2).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Reality: The Seahawks are a young team in year three of the four-year rebuild, just as John Schneider said. The players and coaches are still learning.
Reality: The Seahawks have weaknesses (God forbid!) that have been well-known by everyone for years now and are already on their way off the roster in some cases. Anyone just now discovering that Leroy Hill is bad in coverage has been living under a rock for six years. It's been a problem since long before this.
Reality: Firing people and changing schemes does not generally lead to immediate improvements unless said people and schemes are Mora-level awful.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Reality check: If you want to see how the season comes out...watch the games. Any game is winnable no matter who is playing whom.

mikeak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":grf2q3wn said:
chiltech500":grf2q3wn said:

You're stuck in a time warp from Week 6. The Seahawks have been one of the least penalized teams in the league for the past six weeks. They had a relapse yesterday, but it hasn't been happening for a long time.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... be-taught/

A month or so ago, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had seen enough. In a team meeting, he went off on the chronic rules violators, called them out, let them know that the bench awaited those who continued to get flagged for penalties.

In the first five games, they’d been flagged and had penalties accepted 44 times for 363 yards. The last five? Just 20 accepted penalties for 159 yards. By game average, the Hawks now are the least penalized in the NFC West at 6.4 per game (SF 6.9, Arizona 7.0, St. Louis 8.2).

I can't stand it when I have a belief not based in facts and people come here thinking that actual facts and stats to clear up my confusion is helpful............... :sarcasm_off:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
All that said, I definitely agree with these two, with the caveat that Miami had a top-ranked run defense.

SalishHawkFan":3cpfltm3 said:
Reality: Lynch is running down from his bruising style. You can see it in his play. It's not just that the oline didn't create the holes, he's not breaking the tackles he once did. He hasn't lost it, but he's wearing down and small cracks are starting to show for those who watch closely and remember the past two years.
Reality: Turbin is good. We need to start giving him more and more carries so we can prolong Lynch's career. He can carry the torch.

Reality: Our coaches outthink themselves trying to outsmart the opponent. When we're running the ball extremely well and we need a third and short, they throw, thinking the defense will be expecting the run. When we can't run the ball all day and we need a few yards, they run, thinking the defense will expect us to pass. They need to start playing to what's working and make the defense beat us. It's the one glaring coaching error this team has. They don't stick with what's working at key moments in the game.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Lynch hasn't lost anything. The Phin game looked like the first half of last year with DLineman in the backfield the instant Lynch got the hand off. He is the second leading rusher in the NFL and fights his ass off for every inch. The OLine was dominated, plain and simple.