Adderall: the HOT new substance of choice?

Greenhell

Reaction score
With more and more players testing positive for Adderall lately we have to wonder if the drug is being taken to make the player more alert or is it being used as a masking agent for steroids?

If it's being taken to mask 'roids, is testing positive the lesser of the two evils? Not sure about NFL drug policy for testing but isn't a positive test for 'roids a bigger fine and longer suspension????

I also suspect we will start to see some independent investigations by the sports media on Adderall usage in the NFL and pro sports. Possibly, news stories at the high school and college level as well. Kids are dumb and will be more likely to talk and spill the beans.

Adderall= The New hot topic in sports.

My only knowledge of Adderall is from the Sunny in Philidephia episode where Dennis and Frank try to relive their college frat days. Thinking they're snorting coke, they're snorting Adderall. Hilarity ensues!!! Gawd I love that show.

duckypoo

Reaction score
Damn, when I was prescribed adderrall all I ever had happen was sweating and high blood pressure. Wish it had made me a pro bowl DB, would have made those awkward teen years a lot easier.

manders2600

Reaction score
Adderall is what the players claim to be taking, and since the NFL does not comment on exactly what they tested positive for, their claims go unchallenged.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The question isn't WHY do players take Adderall, the question is why are players like Sherman and Browner so stupid and take it when they know damn well it's a banned substance......with a long list of prior players as recent as Talib for the Bucs as evidence.

The other question should be what the hell's going on with Carroll not being able to control his players, this is what the 4th or 5th Hawk suspended over the past year for substance? Isn't this what got him in trouble at USC, not having control of his players?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lfmhd9bt said:
The question isn't WHY do players take Adderall, the question is why are players like Sherman and Browner so stupid and take it when they know damn well it's a banned substance......with a long list of prior players as recent as Talib for the Bucs as evidence.

The other question should be what the hell's going on with Carroll not being able to control his players, this is what the 4th or 5th Hawk suspended over the past year for substance? Isn't this what got him in trouble at USC, not having control of his players?

Innocent till proven guilty.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2f0z98jl said:
Sgt. Largent":2f0z98jl said:

Innocent till proven guilty.

I hope they're innocent, but I've yet to read about an NFL drug suspension overturned..........the league is pretty damn thorough and air tight with their drug policy. Not a lot of wiggle room for the "we didn't know that was banned" defense.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
Does adderall even mask steroids? It is a stimulant. I don't know that roids pop positive in a pee test for stimulants.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
slargent4ever":2fhuk9rv said:
Does adderall even mask steroids? It is a stimulant. I don't know that roids pop positive in a pee test for stimulants.

I can't say for sure but from the few things I've read recently it was mentioned that it could be used for masking the 'roids.

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion with players failing drug tests and such. When a player fails a test, the NFL suspends them but will not publically disclose what substance the player tested positive for. The reason we keep seeing Adderall in the reporting is because that's what all the players are claiming so as to not look as bad, no one wants to cop to using steroids. In reality, Adderall is probably the culprit in only a fraction of these failed tests. It's like if everyone found out you were arrested but no one knew why and you could give any excuse you wanted without the police correcting you. That's the case here.

What really worries me is that we've had three players test positive for something in a short amount of time, which makes me wonder how much this is going on with the team as a whole.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
NinjaHawk":14eh8jul said:
There seems to be some confusion with players failing drug tests and such. When a player fails a test, the NFL suspends them but will not publically disclose what substance the player tested positive for. The reason we keep seeing Adderall in the reporting is because that's what all the players are claiming so as to not look as bad, no one wants to cop to using steroids. In reality, Adderall is probably the culprit in only a fraction of these failed tests. It's like if everyone found out you were arrested but no one knew why and you could give any excuse you wanted without the police correcting you. That's the case here.

What really worries me is that we've had three players test positive for something in a short amount of time, which makes me wonder how much this is going on with the team as a whole.

Just like the article I posted in the message above you could be right. Adderall could be the excuse to protect their rep.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Adderall is mixed amphetamine salts. The only thing more hardcore stimulant wise is methamphetamine. It's bad stuff and is WAY over prescribed...

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1yb0y8o3 said:
Adderall is mixed amphetamine salts. The only thing more hardcore stimulant wise is methamphetamine. It's bad stuff and is WAY over prescribed...

Agreed, Adderall is way too common now (especially with kids in College). Yet, it's still legal (as long as you have a prescription!) by the NFL's standards.

Sgt. Largent":1yb0y8o3 said:
I hope they're innocent, but I've yet to read about an NFL drug suspension overturned..........the league is pretty damn thorough and air tight with their drug policy. Not a lot of wiggle room for the "we didn't know that was banned" defense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... en-lifted/

Andre Brown. Adderall. Lifted suspension. Apparently he had a prescription, but failed to notify the league properly.

12thMode

Reaction score
Well as I see it, and this is strictly my opinion, The Seahawks are one of the most traveled teams in the league, so if it is not against the rules and you get a prescription by your doctor, why wouldn't you want to use it to help keep you awake and focused?

Latest posts