Cry more, the NFL and their money agenda.

DericLee

Reaction score
If the officials aren't calling games to fix the NFL's money making agenda for certain teams in specific contexts, then they are betting on games and point shaving.

Multiple bad/game changing calls in multiple games.

Seahawks fan being butthurt? Probably.

Though it's not just against our team.

Someone really needs to create a metric that tracks erroneous calls by officials, bet we would see a pattern clear enough to predict playoff teams by the midway point of the season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You're right and it's true. It's not just the NFL either. The NBA is just as bad, if not worse.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
If you truly believe that,

then there is an easy answer:

Quit watching, quit buying merchandise, quit buying tickets, quit following on fan websites, .....................

chawx

Reaction score
I guarantee this happens. Look at the Seahawks and 49ers game for example. The spread was 7.5, the 49ers have a 7 point lead and get a safety via a crappy chop block call in the end zone with about 40 seconds left in the game—Harbaugh declines the penalty AND the points citing "He didn't want to take any chances on the kick off"... that's a bunk statement because it's almost impossible to "onside" punt a ball after a safety.

Harbaugh knew the line and knew the 2-points would put his team over the spread. It's not a Conspiracy Theory, it's Conspiracy Truth.

OP
OP
DericLee

DericLee

Reaction score
Conspiracy? Paranoia?

Heard the same thing from an NBA fan of mine a month before the point shaving debacle.

So sure, it could just be bad calls by idiot refs.

What I want though, and what I was alluding to in my post, is a public tacked metric showing how obvious blown calls impact each game, each week.

That is all.

49fansince70

Reaction score
chawx":2kvy2uq5 said:
I guarantee this happens. Look at the Seahawks and 49ers game for example. The spread was 7.5, the 49ers have a 7 point lead and get a safety via a crappy chop block call in the end zone with about 40 seconds left in the game—Harbaugh declines the penalty AND the points citing "He didn't want to take any chances on the kick off"... that's a bunk statement because it's almost impossible to "onside" punt a ball after a safety.

Harbaugh knew the line and knew the 2-points would put his team over the spread. It's not a Conspiracy Theory, it's Conspiracy Truth.

I'm not sure if you're serious about this or not, if not it was pretty funny. But if you are serious, you should also consider that by declining the penalty, the 49ers didn't run up the score on the opponent, and made the last play of the game a (relatively) safe kneel down instead of a kickoff, where people can and do get hurt.