Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4290
Reality: The defense has done a great job on the road until the last three games.
Reality: SF and Detroit have damned good offenses.
Reality: Historically, 10 am games on the east coast have only a .222% chance of being winnable by a team from the west coast.
Reality: Our LBer's can't cover the middle of the field. It's a weakness made worse by the fact that our tall CB's require a FS that plays deep to keep us from being burned by the long ball. It's something we have to either fix or hope that Wright and Wagner learn from experience. The jury is out on whether they have the skills to do so.
Reality: Lynch is running down from his bruising style. You can see it in his play. It's not just that the oline didn't create the holes, he's not breaking the tackles he once did. He hasn't lost it, but he's wearing down and small cracks are starting to show for those who watch closely and remember the past two years.
Reality: Turbin is good. We need to start giving him more and more carries so we can prolong Lynch's career. He can carry the torch.
Reality: Our front four is good. They just need a strong LBer crew to give them time to get to the QB more often. Against the run they've been less than stellar lately, but that too is partially because of our LBers.
Reality: Without Sherman and Browner for the rest of the season, we're screwed.
Reality: Wilson is the real deal. He'll go down as the best QB in Seahawks history when he's done.
Reality: We'd have won more games this year with Flynn.
Reality: When we had winnable road games against offenses our defense dominated, our offense was hampered by a rookie QB still learning the ropes.
Reality: Our rookie QB has learned most of the ropes. If our schedule was reversed and we'd had our first three divisional games at home, we'd beat AZ and St. Louis on the road right now.
Reality: If we'd played Miami at 1pm instead of 10am we'd almost certainly have beaten them.
Reality: If coaches always picked the QB that gave them the best chance to win Kaepernick would have started in SF.
Reality: The refs really DO fix games so the money teams win.
Reality: The schedule makers really DO fix the schedule to favor the money teams.
Reality: We need to focus on our oline next offseason. Giacomini needs to go. We need more depth. We need less brain farts and penalties.
Reality: Our oline has already greatly improved. Instead of being revolving doors, they are 11th in least sacks allowed.
Reality: We have good receivers. Way better than they get credit for. Rice and Tate are ranked in the top 25 DYAR by Football Outsiders. Only Denver, GB, NO and Atl have multiple WR's in the top 25 besides us. Those two are the 5th best tandem in the league.
Reality: Baldwin's been hurt all year. Let's hope he bounces back.
Reality: Leon's still got it. It's the new rules that have hurt.
Reality: Our coach has called some stupid plays. Onsides kick?
Reality: Our coach has stopped calling stupid plays and has called some really cool trick plays lately. Flea flicker?
Reality: This team is painful to watch.
Reality: This team is so close to getting it all together that you can't stop watching as they grow.
Reality: Firing Carroll would set this team back half a decade.
Reality: Trufant isn't to blame. He's actually not that bad. It's crap decision making by Wright and KJ. They're playing the most like rookies out there.
Reality: Our coaches outthink themselves trying to outsmart the opponent. When we're running the ball extremely well and we need a third and short, they throw, thinking the defense will be expecting the run. When we can't run the ball all day and we need a few yards, they run, thinking the defense will expect us to pass. They need to start playing to what's working and make the defense beat us. It's the one glaring coaching error this team has. They don't stick with what's working at key moments in the game.


Well, that's enough for now.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Last edited by SalishHawkFan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:41 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
Hold up, Rice and Tate are the 5th best tandem in the LEAGUE?!

Holy sh... I underrated them by a crazy ammount.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:45 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
A lot of good points.

BUT... NO WAY would we have won more games with Flynn. Wilson has escaped countless sacks and created plays to keep drives alive. Flynn might be on IR at this point if he would have started, as he would have been sacked many more times. He also doesn't have the ability of Wilson to make plays on the run.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
Couldn't get through the whole thing so will comment on the beginning :)

Reality: SF and Detroit have damned good offenses.

Where does Miami rank?...............................................

Reality: 10 am games on the east coast have only a .222% chance of being winnable

What is the basis for this? Is there any relevance to how good the opposing team is? Does it matter how good the visiting team is? And I actually thought more like 99.5% of east coast games were won by a team :D


Last edited by mikeak on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3191
My reality check is that we're just not a good road team yet. Our playoff hopes pretty much went out the window yesterday. Miami was the most winnable of the 3 games we had left on the road. CHI and BUF play much better at home than the Dolphins do.

And if we did make the playoffs, we're one and done. We can't win on the road in the regular season, we won't be winning on the road in the playoffs.

Our OL is decent because of scheme. Miami's DL is very physical, and they just showed us how far our OL needs to go to get to the style of play Cable and Carroll want to use. We need SF's OL and that physicality, and we don't have it yet.

If we hadn't kissed our playoff hopes good bye yet, I don't know how we're beating SF with the way our run defense is going. SF is going to run all over our asses again. Buffalo will probably rack up some yards at home as well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
well trufant will have the limelight now, we'll see just how good he still is....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 2785
Location: Longview, WA
Quote:
Reality: The refs really DO fix games so the money teams win.
Reality: The schedule makers really DO fix the schedule to favor the money teams


thats a pretty bold statement right there. proof?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Many of these are opinions, not realities.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4290
FlyingGreg wrote:
A lot of good points.

BUT... NO WAY would we have won more games with Flynn. Wilson has escaped countless sacks and created plays to keep drives alive. Flynn might be on IR at this point if he would have started, as he would have been sacked many more times. He also doesn't have the ability of Wilson to make plays on the run.

Soooo because Wilson is WAY mobile, Flynn isn't mobile at all? Fact is, Flynn is quite mobile. Moreso than the average QB.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4290
mikeak wrote:
Couldn't get through the whole thing so will comment on the beginning :)

Reality: SF and Detroit have damned good offenses.

Where does Miami rank?...............................................

Reality: 10 am games on the east coast have only a .222% chance of being winnable

What is the basis for this? Is there any relevance to how good the opposing team is? Does it matter how good the visiting team is? And I actually thought more like 99.5% of east coast games were won by a team :D

lol smartass :D , I'll correct that, but west coast teams only win .222% of games played on the east coast at 10am.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2239
"Reality: We'd have won more games this year with Flynn."

:141847_bnono:

No way. Unless you live in a universe where Flynn is actually good he wouldn't come close to Wilsons production. My mind is blown by the fact that some still think that Flynn is good and think we would win more games with him. Someday fans will give Wilson the support he deserves.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2483
Reality: This is a good defense, but not a great one.
Reality: If Sherman and Browner's suspensions are upheld, you can kiss this season goodbye.
Reality: Carroll is a great finder of talent, but below average game planner and game manager.

On my 3rd reality, we ran the ball on first down the LAST EIGHT POSSESSIONS OF THE GAME, EVEN AFTER AVERAGING ONLY 1.8 YARDS PER CARRY ON FIRST DOWNS.

Bottom line, Carroll gave his team the week off, and it took almost the entire first half to wake the hell up. Even after that still too many stupid penalties and conservative play calling. Carroll and Bevell regressed to the first couple weeks of the season where they game planned to not lose the game, instead of win the game with a QB who's playing great.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4290
Tech Worlds wrote:
Many of these are opinions, not realities.

Well Dom, when you're opinion is correct, that means they're realities :)

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4290
Sgt. Largent wrote:
Reality: This is a good defense, but not a great one.
Reality: If Sherman and Browner's suspensions are upheld, you can kiss this season goodbye.
Reality: Carroll is a great finder of talent, but below average game planner and game manager.

On my 3rd reality, we ran the ball on first down the LAST EIGHT POSSESSIONS OF THE GAME, EVEN AFTER AVERAGING ONLY 1.8 YARDS PER CARRY ON FIRST DOWNS.

Bottom line, Carroll gave his team the week off, and it took almost the entire first half to wake the hell up. Even after that still too many stupid penalties and conservative play calling. Carroll and Bevell regressed to the first couple weeks of the season where they game planned to not lose the game, instead of win the game with a QB who's playing great.

It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2301
The coming decline of Lynch will be especially painful for all of us. The Miami game was an example of how bad it can be. He needs O line help obviously, but his style will take its toll. Anyone remember how fast Marion Barber III fell off the cliff? Lets hope yesterday was just an aberration for Lynch and the O line, and that Turbin starts sharing the load a bit more sooner rather than later.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:08 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am
Posts: 1012
Location: Olympia
"It's crap decision making by Wright and KJ. They're playing the most like rookies out there."- SalishHawkFan

Both Wright and Kj are playing like rookies? They had better get their act together and start taking their schizophrenia meds.

_________________
"I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Missing_Clink wrote:
The coming decline of Lynch will be especially painful for all of us. The Miami game was an example of how bad it can be. He needs O line help obviously, but his style will take its toll. Anyone remember how fast Marion Barber III fell off the cliff? Lets hope yesterday was just an aberration for Lynch and the O line, and that Turbin starts sharing the load a bit more sooner rather than later.


While I agree with Turbin getting a bit more of the load, it should be noted that Miami's one of the top run defenses in the league, and has been the entire season. Yesterday wasn't an example of Lynch suddenly declining because of running style... it was an example of a strong run defense playing well at home. That factors in way more than any wear and tear on Lynch.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2483
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.


The 49'ers didn't have any problem overcoming their "circadian rhythms"......whatever the hell that mumbo jumbo means.

Why? Cause they have a true "Elite" defense that puts teams away in the 4th quarter..........as opposed to our wanna be elite defense that let's teams hang around, gets torched and commits stupid penalties.

PS. It's time to put Trufant out to pasture, he couldn't cover my grandma right now.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
Sgt. Largent wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.


The 49'ers didn't have any problem overcoming their "circadian rhythms"......whatever the hell that mumbo jumbo means.

Why? Cause they have a true "Elite" defense that puts teams away in the 4th quarter..........as opposed to our wanna be elite defense that let's teams hang around, gets torched and commits stupid penalties.

PS. It's time to put Trufant out to pasture, he couldn't cover my grandma right now.


Harbaugh also keeps them back east for a whole week too I believe, I think it might be time for Pete to try it on out.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
SalishHawkFan wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
A lot of good points.

BUT... NO WAY would we have won more games with Flynn. Wilson has escaped countless sacks and created plays to keep drives alive. Flynn might be on IR at this point if he would have started, as he would have been sacked many more times. He also doesn't have the ability of Wilson to make plays on the run.


Soooo because Wilson is WAY mobile, Flynn isn't mobile at all? Fact is, Flynn is quite mobile. Moreso than the average QB.


And Flynn has shown you this in all of two starts in the NFL in a different offense... :th2thumbs:

FYI, it's not about MOBILITY - it's about ESCAPABILITY. You are beyond kidding yourself if you think Flynn would not be taking a lot of sacks that Wilson has escaped from. Absolutely kidding yourself.

It's silly to even challenge the notion. We are lucky that we have Wilson as he has turned a lot of near disasters into positive plays.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14122
Location: Portland, OR
Sgt. Largent wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.


The 49'ers didn't have any problem overcoming their "circadian rhythms"......whatever the hell that mumbo jumbo means.

Why? Cause they have a true "Elite" defense that puts teams away in the 4th quarter..........as opposed to our wanna be elite defense that let's teams hang around, gets torched and commits stupid penalties.

PS. It's time to put Trufant out to pasture, he couldn't cover my grandma right now.


The 49ers have only played 2 games at 10AM this year. They lost the first to Vikings, and then won against the awful Jets. Also, if you don't know what a circadian rhythm is, you should probably google more.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It took almost the entire first half to wake up because the players circadian rhythms were off. Hence west coast teams only winning .222% on the east coast in 10am games.
As for your third reality: that's exactly the point I made at the end.


The 49'ers didn't have any problem overcoming their "circadian rhythms"......whatever the hell that mumbo jumbo means.

Why? Cause they have a true "Elite" defense that puts teams away in the 4th quarter..........as opposed to our wanna be elite defense that let's teams hang around, gets torched and commits stupid penalties.

PS. It's time to put Trufant out to pasture, he couldn't cover my grandma right now.


The 49ers have only played 2 games at 10AM this year. They lost the first to Vikings, and then won against the awful Jets. Also, if you don't know what a circadian rhythm is, you should probably google more.


Well, the 49ers also didn't have any problem overcoming "google".... whatever the hell that gobble gobble jive turkey means.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2483
Sarlacc83 wrote:
. Also, if you don't know what a circadian rhythm is, you should probably google more.


I just googled it.......it says "lame excuse people use for their teams losing to bad teams on the road."

This game was not lost because of circadian rhythm...........that's out the window after the first quarter. This game was lost because of mental mistakes with stupid penalties (again), undisciplined defense, truly awful stubborn play calling and poor game management. 4th and 1 on your opponent's 38 on the road, and you punt? Jesus H. Christ. Talk about a defeatist attitude.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
FlyingGreg wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
A lot of good points.

BUT... NO WAY would we have won more games with Flynn. Wilson has escaped countless sacks and created plays to keep drives alive. Flynn might be on IR at this point if he would have started, as he would have been sacked many more times. He also doesn't have the ability of Wilson to make plays on the run.


Soooo because Wilson is WAY mobile, Flynn isn't mobile at all? Fact is, Flynn is quite mobile. Moreso than the average QB.


And Flynn has shown you this in all of two starts in the NFL in a different offense... :th2thumbs:

FYI, it's not about MOBILITY - it's about ESCAPABILITY. You are beyond kidding yourself if you think Flynn would not be taking a lot of sacks that Wilson has escaped from. Absolutely kidding yourself.

It's silly to even challenge the notion. We are lucky that we have Wilson as he has turned a lot of near disasters into positive plays.


I'm not gonna pretend that i know if Flynn would've won a few more games earlier, but I'm glad we went the route we did. Plus there were a few plays that Russell made that I've only ever seen Mike Vick (Atlanta days) make, I don't think Flynn is quite THAT good.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
The 10am thing is BS, dont these players get into work at like 7am everyday anyway?

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10261
Location: Vancouver, WA
All three of Sgt. Largent's posts on this thread so far are flat out spot on. Great posts man.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
Quote:
I'm not gonna pretend that i know if Flynn would've won a few more games earlier, but I'm glad we went the route we did. Plus there were a few plays that Russell made that I've only ever seen Mike Vick (Atlanta days) make, I don't think Flynn is quite THAT good.


Exactly - it's easy to see Flynn would have been getting killed this season. A major reason they went with Wilson is exactly what we are seeing - his ability to feel pressure and get out of it and make something happen.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Last edited by FlyingGreg on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17548
Location: Graham, WA
ensett wrote:
The 10am thing is BS, dont these players get into work at like 7am everyday anyway?


Practice is a lot different than a game, brutha and usually at that point they're in classes for a few hours.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:57 pm
Posts: 55
while the following article doesn't have a lot of history, it shows that the 22% thing is probably bunk...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... mes/14372/

and this (warning, BR article)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5503 ... -advantage

and you have to take into account that the NFC West has kind of stunk overall since 2005ish.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2483
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
All three of Sgt. Largent's posts on this thread so far are flat out spot on. Great posts man.


Checks in the mail.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10261
Location: Vancouver, WA
Sgt. Largent wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
All three of Sgt. Largent's posts on this thread so far are flat out spot on. Great posts man.


Checks in the mail.


:D
(but I did mean it....you and Dom are summing up my feelings yesterday and today to the point that all I'm having to do is quote you two)

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4290
49fansince70 wrote:
while the following article doesn't have a lot of history, it shows that the 22% thing is probably bunk...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... mes/14372/

and this (warning, BR article)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5503 ... -advantage

and you have to take into account that the NFC West has kind of stunk overall since 2005ish.

Actually, it shows that I misremembered the number. It's not .22%, it's .254%.

Quote:
The big news is the Eastern teams dominating the six Western teams, going 44-15 (.746)

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:48 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 am
Posts: 29
Location: Allentown, PA
Quote:
lost because of mental mistakes with stupid penalties (again), undisciplined defense, truly awful stubborn play calling and poor game management.


I don't usually comment but this game got to me. Bad coaching all season. PC exerts no discipline and it shows. How many games do we have to watch with multiple stupid penalties (about 10 in the 1st half) and it doesn't phase Carrol, look at his face. Now look at Harbaugh's face when the 49'rs have one penalty.

Carrol accepts mediocrity imo. Mr Largent here is 100% correct about the play calling. Would Belichek keep doing the same thing over and over if it didn't work? How would he treat those players who repeatedly generate penalties???

How many penalties have we had this year for 12 men on the field? BAD COACHING PERIOD.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 902
Location: Everett, Wa
smashmouth59 wrote:
"It's crap decision making by Wright and KJ. They're playing the most like rookies out there."- SalishHawkFan

Both Wright and Kj are playing like rookies? They had better get their act together and start taking their schizophrenia meds.


Hummm... Since when was KJ and Wright two different people. If possbible i'd put one of them in for Leroy. :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:27 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11211
chiltech500 wrote:
I don't usually comment but this game got to me. Bad coaching all season. PC exerts no discipline and it shows. How many games do we have to watch with multiple stupid penalties (about 10 in the 1st half) and it doesn't phase Carrol, look at his face. Now look at Harbaugh's face when the 49'rs have one penalty.

Carrol accepts mediocrity imo. Mr Largent here is 100% correct about the play calling. Would Belichek keep doing the same thing over and over if it didn't work? How would he treat those players who repeatedly generate penalties???


You're stuck in a time warp from Week 6. The Seahawks have been one of the least penalized teams in the league for the past six weeks. They had a relapse yesterday, but it hasn't been happening for a long time.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... be-taught/

Quote:
A month or so ago, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had seen enough. In a team meeting, he went off on the chronic rules violators, called them out, let them know that the bench awaited those who continued to get flagged for penalties.

In the first five games, they’d been flagged and had penalties accepted 44 times for 363 yards. The last five? Just 20 accepted penalties for 159 yards. By game average, the Hawks now are the least penalized in the NFC West at 6.4 per game (SF 6.9, Arizona 7.0, St. Louis 8.2).

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11211
Reality: The Seahawks are a young team in year three of the four-year rebuild, just as John Schneider said. The players and coaches are still learning.
Reality: The Seahawks have weaknesses (God forbid!) that have been well-known by everyone for years now and are already on their way off the roster in some cases. Anyone just now discovering that Leroy Hill is bad in coverage has been living under a rock for six years. It's been a problem since long before this.
Reality: Firing people and changing schemes does not generally lead to immediate improvements unless said people and schemes are Mora-level awful.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
Reality check: If you want to see how the season comes out...watch the games. Any game is winnable no matter who is playing whom.

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:53 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
chiltech500 wrote:
I don't usually comment but this game got to me. Bad coaching all season. PC exerts no discipline and it shows. How many games do we have to watch with multiple stupid penalties (about 10 in the 1st half) and it doesn't phase Carrol, look at his face. Now look at Harbaugh's face when the 49'rs have one penalty.

Carrol accepts mediocrity imo. Mr Largent here is 100% correct about the play calling. Would Belichek keep doing the same thing over and over if it didn't work? How would he treat those players who repeatedly generate penalties???


You're stuck in a time warp from Week 6. The Seahawks have been one of the least penalized teams in the league for the past six weeks. They had a relapse yesterday, but it hasn't been happening for a long time.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... be-taught/

Quote:
A month or so ago, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had seen enough. In a team meeting, he went off on the chronic rules violators, called them out, let them know that the bench awaited those who continued to get flagged for penalties.

In the first five games, they’d been flagged and had penalties accepted 44 times for 363 yards. The last five? Just 20 accepted penalties for 159 yards. By game average, the Hawks now are the least penalized in the NFC West at 6.4 per game (SF 6.9, Arizona 7.0, St. Louis 8.2).


I can't stand it when I have a belief not based in facts and people come here thinking that actual facts and stats to clear up my confusion is helpful............... :sarcasm_off:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11211
All that said, I definitely agree with these two, with the caveat that Miami had a top-ranked run defense.

SalishHawkFan wrote:
Reality: Lynch is running down from his bruising style. You can see it in his play. It's not just that the oline didn't create the holes, he's not breaking the tackles he once did. He hasn't lost it, but he's wearing down and small cracks are starting to show for those who watch closely and remember the past two years.
Reality: Turbin is good. We need to start giving him more and more carries so we can prolong Lynch's career. He can carry the torch.

...

Reality: Our coaches outthink themselves trying to outsmart the opponent. When we're running the ball extremely well and we need a third and short, they throw, thinking the defense will be expecting the run. When we can't run the ball all day and we need a few yards, they run, thinking the defense will expect us to pass. They need to start playing to what's working and make the defense beat us. It's the one glaring coaching error this team has. They don't stick with what's working at key moments in the game.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Time for a reality check
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:19 pm 
* Handsome *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 2875
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Lynch hasn't lost anything. The Phin game looked like the first half of last year with DLineman in the backfield the instant Lynch got the hand off. He is the second leading rusher in the NFL and fights his ass off for every inch. The OLine was dominated, plain and simple.

_________________
"it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.