Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Steroids

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

Rafi

Reaction score
I started on testosterone replacement therapy several months ago after my doctor discovered my testosterone levels are low. I inject 200 mg of test per week which puts me in the high range of T levels of about 800-900 ng/dl. I was in the low 300's. I've noticed an incredible transformation in my athletic performance playing basketball and volleyball. So much to the point my teammates have noticed a difference in my play as well. You'd be amazed what a little extra boost of vitamin T can do for you on and off the field even if you're not using abusive doses of it like the bodybuilders do.

Uffda

Reaction score
Last year Moffit got a 4 game and last week Winton Guy got 4 games because of Adderall, a ADHD med.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

Performance-enhancing use

In addition to treatment of juveniles with ADHD, Adderall is sometimes prescribed for children who are not doing well in school but who don't have ADHD. These are often children from economically-deprived backgrounds for whom alternatives such as therapy or tutoring is not available.[42]

Adderall is widely used as a "study drug" at many universities,[43] due to Adderall's reported ability to help focus energy and concentration to a much higher level than normal.[citation needed] It enables the user to focus and stay awake. Stories of students writing papers continuously for an unusually long time or "cramming" all night for an exam with no loss of energy or concentration are common.[43] College campuses known to be highly competitive or have a high rate of binge drinking had up to 25% of students use an ADHD medication within one year, a survey of students at 119 colleges across the country concluded.[citation needed]

Adderall use as an academic advantage has become increasingly common amongst college students. Illegal Adderall use is highest among students from the northeastern region of the United States and students from colleges with more competitive admission standards.[44] Students with ADHD sell Adderall on college campuses for anywhere from $5 to $25 a pill depending on the time of the academic year.[45] The legal consequences for selling Adderall include prison time because it is classified as a controlled substance.[46] It is often difficult to catch illegal Adderall sales because the pills are “easily concealed, odorless, and can be perceived as prescribed drugs” Of these sales, 62% of buyers report using Adderall for concentration and study help.[47]

Many athletic organizations have restricted the usage of Adderall by athletes. The NCAA has banned the use of Adderall for its collegiate athletes without a prescription and adequate records of evaluation and diagnosis of ADHD.[48] Nevada State Athletic Commission has also banned athletes in the state from using Adderall. Tim Credeur was removed from a UFC fight on the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 7 because of a positive drug test due to his use of it. In the National Football League, New Orleans Saints kicker Garrett Hartley served a four-game suspension when the 2009 NFL regular season began because he tested positive for the banned stimulant. The Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick received a four-game suspension as a result of using Adderall.[49]

The New York Giants running back Andre Brown (American football) faced a four-game suspension for violating NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. Brown said: “It was something that I've been on since I've been in the league, which was Adderall. I just forgot to fill out some paperwork and that was it.” [50] Brown eventually won an appeal, and had his suspension lifted.[51] Another Giants player, Tyler Sash, was suspended for four games by the NFL in July 2012 after testing positive for Adderall four months earlier. The safety said in a statement that he took the drug legally and "under a doctor's care for an anxiety condition" to help him with public speaking.[52] The New York Giants safety Will Hill (American football) was charged a four-game suspension for violating NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. Hill said: “"I received a doctor's prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants” [53] Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib has been suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances. Talib released a statement saying his suspension was a result of testing positive for Adderall: "Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription,".[54]

acbass

Reaction score
If Adderall were a performance enhancer, I would be Tom Brady with RGIII wheels. That's a bunch of crap. I really can't believe we are going to lose half of our defensive backfield to this.

Zowert

Reaction score
I don't think Sherman was juicing. Browner on the other hand, who knows. I looked at photos of his CFL days and even last year, he has definitely put on some good lean muscle. Not saying that is necessarily from steroids. But a big man like that, it takes a good amount of time to pack on muscle and keep your bodyfat % down at the same time. Browner is in the NFL, he doesn't have the luxury of bulking and cutting. He has to stay lean or he'll lose some speed and agility. So unless Browner has the perfect athletic genetic profile, i'm kind of suspicious. But my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Did anyone find it somewhat strange we have 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks who are strong, fast and can keep up with just about any receiver in the league? Almost every corner in the league is under 6'2" for a reason, they're usually quicker than bigger players. Almost all the receivers in the league who are 6'3" to 6'5" are a bit slower than the Golden Tate size receivers, so they use their size as an advantage. Not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to be big and fast, just that it's rare. Calvin Johnson and wideouts like him are an exception of course.

Well, you can argue that world class sprinters are usually tall. Usain Bolt for instance. But they run in a straight line. No agility or extreme body control needed like NFL wide receivers.

twelfman

Reaction score
They couldn't have been on adderall or roids because neither looked focused or strong enough to stop the pass

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
twelfman":26lngkwj said:
They couldn't have been on adderall or roids because neither looked focused or strong enough to stop the pass

Um actually they have been outstanding, it was Trufant who didn't look focused.

themunn

Reaction score
Zowert":ye2ybumo said:
I don't think Sherman was juicing. Browner on the other hand, who knows. I looked at photos of his CFL days and even last year, he has definitely put on some good lean muscle. Not saying that is necessarily from steroids. But a big man like that, it takes a good amount of time to pack on muscle and keep your bodyfat % down at the same time. Browner is in the NFL, he doesn't have the luxury of bulking and cutting. He has to stay lean or he'll lose some speed and agility. So unless Browner has the perfect athletic genetic profile, i'm kind of suspicious. But my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Did anyone find it somewhat strange we have 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks who are strong, fast and can keep up with just about any receiver in the league? Almost every corner in the league is under 6'2" for a reason, they're usually quicker than bigger players. Almost all the receivers in the league who are 6'3" to 6'5" are a bit slower than the Golden Tate size receivers, so they use their size as an advantage. Not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE to be big and fast, just that it's rare. Calvin Johnson and wideouts like him are an exception of course.

Well, you can argue that world class sprinters are usually tall. Usain Bolt for instance. But they run in a straight line. No agility or extreme body control needed like NFL wide receivers.

Browner is only fast in a straight line, otherwise he's about the same speed and size as Kam (who isn't slow by any means)

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Plus, they don't really "keep up" with the wrs..(although browner did catch all day..hehe), that's the safety's job. These guys usually play press or whatever you wanna call it..jam them up and stuff. I could see strength helping with that.
Either way, "say it ain't so!" hehe
Godspeed Seattle CBs..

-SH

Tical21

Reaction score
I just don't get why they would take anything that they could risk getting caught for. Why not just take HGH like everybody else?

Rafi

Reaction score
Tical21":148ohnid said:
I just don't get why they would take anything that they could risk getting caught for. Why not just take HGH like everybody else?
No doubt, how do these guys take risks like that when they can get caught so easily??

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Winston Guy was mad cause he got busted so he spiked their drinks. Damn Rookies!

Fanatics

Reaction score
Could it be because they would want to be a bit higher on the payroll:

Richard Sherman 4 yr/$2,222,424
Brandon Browner 3 yr/$1,290,000

--------2012 Avg Salaries----------
Nnamdi Asomugha $12,000,000
Champ Bailey $10,750,000
Brandon Carr $10,020,000
Cortland Finnegan $10,000,000
Johnathan Joseph $9,750,000
Richard Sherman $555,606
Brandon Browner $430,000

Time in the NFL is very short and most players have very little skill outside of Football, so they want to make as much as possible as soon as possible. Unfortunately this hurts the team/fans/reputation.

Latest posts