I have a feeling

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 am
  • This loss, might light the fire.

    I'm sitting here watching Petes presser, he looks disturbed. I bet he's wide awake right now, at 3:34 A.M. just going over everything in his mind, the 2 weeks leading up and the game.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:10 am
  • Light a fire? Oh, there have been plenty of fire-starting opportunities.

    - Road loss to the Tards=match!
    - Road loss to the Lambs=propane torch!
    - Road loss to Detroit=molotov cocktail!
    - Road loss to the Niners=Flame thrower!

    And now they've notched their belts with yet another road loss. This time to the lowley Dolphins and Ryan ferkin Tannehill. You can't lite a fire in wet grass and that's what we have in the trenches. Our OL layed over like wet grass and our D followed suit.

    Now please excuse me while I go watch the Russel Wilson highlights... because he, as usual, was the only one who showed up fully prepared and ready to play.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2709
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 am
  • Way too late to be needing "fire starting"events in a season.

    We are good at home, bad on the road. It's as simple as that.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08 am
  • I wonder if Pete ever gets mad and rips into his team? He always stresses the positive and is such a rah rah guy that I am not sure.

    I imagine he chews them out from time to time as most coaches do. But do we know for sure?

    I am not saying that it would help at all. Hell he is the coach and I am sure he knows his team best. I am just wondering out loud.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Light a fire? Oh, there have been plenty of fire-starting opportunities.

    - Road loss to the Tards=match!
    - Road loss to the Lambs=propane torch!
    - Road loss to Detroit=molotov cocktail!
    - Road loss to the Niners=Flame thrower!

    And now they've notched their belts with yet another road loss. This time to the lowley Dolphins and Ryan ferkin Tannehill. You can't lite a fire in wet grass and that's what we have in the trenches. Our OL layed over like wet grass and our D followed suit.

    Now please excuse me while I go watch the Russel Wilson highlights... because he, as usual, was the only one who showed up fully prepared and ready to play.


    oh okay, you're right teams don't catch fire late in the season, nice to know thanks. Might as well just give it up and go to the gym on Sundays, thanks for the heads up.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 am
  • I don't think Pete ever rips into the players [of course this is pure speculation]. His whole philosophy is based on positive reinforcement, accolades, teaching. If a guy isn't getting the job done he cuts them, but I don't think he is really ripping into guys.

    Does this work in the NFL? Well I doubt Tony Dungy ripped into guys and he won.

    I think the biggest problem with Pete is just the guys are so loosey goosey, lack of discipline, penalties [which had been getting better]. He [admittedly] did a terrible job preparing for this game.
    Image

    Win Forever!
    User avatar
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1183
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
    Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am
  • A team that is truly a team could use a nasty defeat like this to go on a roll. It's been done before. Hell in 1986 I believe, the Hawks went on an incredible run late in the season and were averaging over 30 points a game. However, the afc west was very competitive and they missed the playoffs by one game, and they were the best team in the league at that point of the season.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24268
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:44 am
  • Largent80 wrote:A team that is truly a team could use a nasty defeat like this to go on a roll. It's been done before. Hell in 1986 I believe, the Hawks went on an incredible run late in the season and were averaging over 30 points a game. However, the afc west was very competitive and they missed the playoffs by one game, and they were the best team in the league at that point of the season.



    If there ever was a team with the "bring it on" attitude....that was it! We could have beern Super Bowl champs that year!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4826
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 am
  • Russell Wilson showed up to play. Unfortunately, he's the leader of this team and the team doesn't follow his lead. He showed up to work during the bye week. He put in the extra hours. Where is that commitment to excellence rubbing off on the other players? I'm impressed with Wilson. However, he needs to demand more from those around him. If anyone should be chewing out the team it should be Wilson.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4778
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 am
  • JonRud wrote:I don't think Pete ever rips into the players [of course this is pure speculation]. His whole philosophy is based on positive reinforcement, accolades, teaching. If a guy isn't getting the job done he cuts them, but I don't think he is really ripping into guys.

    Does this work in the NFL? Well I doubt Tony Dungy ripped into guys and he won.

    I think the biggest problem with Pete is just the guys are so loosey goosey, lack of discipline, penalties [which had been getting better]. He [admittedly] did a terrible job preparing for this game.


    He ripped into Aaron Curry on more than one occasion during games. Less speculation, more facts.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3363
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 am
  • Throwdown wrote:This loss, might light the fire.

    I'm sitting here watching Petes presser, he looks disturbed. I bet he's wide awake right now, at 3:34 A.M. just going over everything in his mind, the 2 weeks leading up and the game.


    I'm with ya throw and I think you might be right. Maybe its not even "light a fire" just as much as make them realize they need to mature as a football team and not take things for granted. They had some success and then two weeks to sit and think about how great they are, i really think they took miami for granted. It happens with a young team. Its time for them to grow up.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18609
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am
  • I hope you are right and im wrong. To me this looks like the begining of a meltdown with suspensions looming for our two best defensive players.
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1634
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: I have a feeling
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am
  • You can't just make a team mature all of a sudden out of nowhere because you wish it to be. Pete has looked disturbed after every loss this season, and he keeps saying the same things - we made mistakes, we are almost there, we are young, etc. etc.

    The success we have had is AT HOME. That's not the problem. Exporting it on the road is very much the problem. It's not witches brew or astrological - we don't get a pass rush and we don't force turnovers on the road. It's very simple.

    I think we over estimate the "now, they will get it" factor. The defense didn't learn after allowing the Lions to march down the field and win at the end of the game, did they?

    We are still "in it" and there is a lot to like about this team. But we keep losing these close road games and that's going to really hurt. If we end up on the outside looking in for the playoffs, we are going to remember games like Detroit and Miami when if we could have come up with a stop we would have won the game.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68




It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online