Would 8-8 be acceptable for this team?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1vwkljjl said:
Would 8-8 be acceptable for this team?

No. Neither is 9-7 frankly.
This. Sick to freakin' death of mediocrity, excuses, "we're gonna fix the defensive problems" and then it doesn't happen, rebuilding plans, endless losses on the road and undisciplined play. I want to finally see this franchise become regularly good to excellent and MAINTAIN it. For the first time, I am beginning to question whether Pete Carroll is the guy to FINALLY bring consistent excellence to this franchise. No, I don't think it's time to fire him. I believe next year and the year after are necessary to be absolutely sure he's been given every opportunity to win here. But, as mentioned I am beginning to doubt that will ever happen.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I said with a rookie qb at the helm 500 is likely. Given the easy the defense has played of late I would say lucky. Doesn't mean I like it.

chawx

Reaction score
End of season scenarios:

6-10 = EPIC Fail! — Scrap the entire experiment and start fresh.
7-9 = WTF?! — Pete's in a seat so hot that a weak preseason should get him fired.
8-8 = Lots of questions — Pete gets a one-year pass and should only be allowed to stay one more after that if we're in the playoffs and win a game in 2013.
9-7 No Playoffs = Weak. Same as above as far as Pete's concerned. We should win more the following year or we need to start moving on...
9-7 Playoffs = Fwhew...! Pete's off the hot seat for the next year, but progress still needs to be made.
10-6 = YAY! The team winning 5 of it's last 6 games would be awesome. Renewed faith all around and Pete can rest easy knowing he's built a solid team that will compete for a long time.
11-5 = OMG NO WAY! Amazing finish to the season, everyone loves Pete and we go back to remembering that team from Miami as the team that got it's mascot stolen and Ace Ventura had to get him back.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think 9-7 would be a step forward -afterall it would be 2 more wins than the last 2 years. That's progress no matter how you at it. However, I with everyone else expected so much more, the 2 most painful losses have been the Lions, and Dolphins. Just as last year the Washington and Cleveland losses were horrific.

I expense 9 wins, hope for 10 and would be absolutely amazed at 11 wins. Yesterday's loss makes our margin for error very slim.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
8-8 would not be acceptable to me. But really whenever our Hawks have any type of expectations they always find some way to disappoint us. I mean the year we went to the Superbowl, many were actually expecting a down year for us. Maybe we should keep our expectations low from now on and than they will start having success.