East Coast early Games.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
East Coast early Games.
Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 pm
  • Every single year we suck what gives?

I always said practice and everything this teams does should be on east coast 1 oclock games. Change the clocks at the facility if you have to change it on your rolex. Have practice starting 10 am and be ready to go. Cause this is down right ridiculous. It does not matter who are coach is its year after year after year. You are already up so 4pm games should not be a problem. The going early to games does not work. We have to fix this for this team to be contenders year in and year out.

Every practice in the off season everything this team does should be for a 10 am west coast time. Get your body and your mind up and moving and be ready for war.
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Starter

Re: East Coast early Games.
Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 am
  • or play later......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... l/1650885/

"—The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams."
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:23 am
  • mikeak wrote:or play later......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... l/1650885/

"—The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams."

THis needs to happen. I've always wondered why in the hell we always had to play the early game after a bye week. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly, it's like this every damn year and we come out stumbling. ACK!!!!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am
  • Only road win was the Carolina game which started at 1:05 PST.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:41 am
  • What makes it even more amazing to me is that slate of afternoon games really suck like 90% of the times. It is so often that there are 6-7 great morning games then two horrible afternoon games.

Not sure if the NFL knows that it benefits them to have so many great games vs spreading it out evenly but apparently now they are looking at it. 49ers had the afternoon game yesterday no reason why Seahawks wouldn't have...... I am confused to why it is such a hard thing to schedule. You look at a map if the team is on the West Coast and plays on the East coast you start it in the afternoon.

At least now we are hearing a discussion about it
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 am
  • And we SHOULD be staying out on the East Coast this week....instead of running back to the cozy VMAC.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:45 am
  • It's not the Seahawks who have this problem, it's every west coast team. Studies show that west coast teams that play 10am games on the east coast only win .222% of the time. That's about half the win rate of road teams in the NFL. It's a problem with the body's circadian cycle and pro athletes only need a minor advantage to win. Multiply that advantage by 22 players on the field and it's something serious.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 am
  • Agree flyinggreg - posted this yesterday as well. I can't imagine anything that better 1) prepares the team in regards to the clock..... and 2) makes a statement saying TIME TO WAKE UP

Probably not allowed by the CBA though. I wonder if you are allowed to make an announcement that the training staff, coaches etc will be in Chicago this week and have facilities there for those that want to show up for volunteer practices.........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 am
  • Well the thing is, the league is actually trying to help us by scheduling an early game after our bye.

What I don't understand is why we weren't out there a couple of days early to get into that rythm. I can only theorize it's two things:

1. our coaching staff didn't take the Dolphins seriously enough to merit the idea. We do have a ton more talent than the Phins do, but we sure don't play like it on the road.

2. it would screw up our schedule coming back home. Maybe it would mess us up for the next game.....except that the next game is at Chicago, not here. Only bright side there is that it's on central time, not eastern time.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 am
  • 2. Will still be played at 10AM PST. It'll just be 12PM in Chicago.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information