Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Would 8-8 be acceptable for this team?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm 
USMC 1970-77

Not really. I expect double digit wins this year, as much as 11.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I'd be quite disappointed at 8-8.

With 5 games left, they have work to do.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 pm 
NET Veteran

8-8 Carroll is on the Hot seat, It is unacceptable but not bad enough to fire anybody but mabye the OC or DC.

I expected a 10-6 season but figured 9-7 or 11-5 were possibilities. Having beat the Packers and Patriots has raised my expectations as I know we can beat anyone in the league. It make losses to the Rams, Lions, and Dolphins sting. But I guess we fell a lot like Patriot and Packers fans felt when they lost to Seattle. Like the better team just lost.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm 
* NET Sage *

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Is it acceptable to be one win better off than 2010 and 2011? Would it be considered a failure this year? Or would you see it as progress, however minor?

Failure. Team is too talented to be 8-8, couple this with the fact a rookie QB actually has outperformed his expectations and is seemingly getting better.. and that adds to it.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 pm 
* NET Sage *

NFSeahawks628 wrote:

I know it's way too early but looks like 2013 also reads 8-8.

Way, way, way too early.

Teams expected to be good will fall short of those expectations and vice versa.

But if Pete goes 8-8 this season and next, it's time to make a change

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 pm 
NET Veteran

oregonhawkfan wrote:
After my initial "DAMN we suck", kick the dog, pull my hair out emotional response I take a few deep breaths and revert back to the "this was layed out as a 4 year total rebuild plan" thought process. We are 75% done and we all get our hopes up so high for playoff chances and some nice performances. I think we still have some great (and pathetic) football yet to play this year as we roller coaster our way thru the ups and downs of a young team still learning and missing a couple pieces.

To answer your question: To me it is more about developing better chemistry, the Oline gelling better, and figuring some way to fix our recently exposed defensive flaws. I would hope to see us closer to the 10 win mark as a win/loss mark of progress but I am more interested in how we get there rather than the end result at this point in time.

One think I would like to see changed is pulling some of the stops out offensively and "playing to win" the game rather than the "playing not to lose" feel our games (especially on the road) seem to have to them. Sometimes you just need to gamble and I think we need to start thinking more along those lines now.

A well thought out post. It seems that you are dissapointed but not ready to fire everyone and
everybody.Im upset too but I want to try and keep everything in perspective.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am 
NET Veteran

Hasselbeck wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Is it acceptable to be one win better off than 2010 and 2011? Would it be considered a failure this year? Or would you see it as progress, however minor?

Failure. Team is too talented to be 8-8, couple this with the fact a rookie QB actually has outperformed his expectations and is seemingly getting better.. and that adds to it.

You are kidding yourself if you think that this team isn't being built to be successful within the framework of the system that pc and js are constructing. This team is not talented outside of the situational roles that each player is selected to fill. This isn't a "fire Singeltary, hire Harbaugh" situation. We get rid of Pete and JS we are starting over. It is crucial that we ride this season AMD next out. We are on an upward trajectory, and not having the patience to ride it out could mean another five years of crap play.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:20 am 
NET Veteran

No

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 am 
NET Veteran

Yes....8-8 would be 'acceptable' as an indicator that we need to hire Gruden as HC to bring some discipline to this team and move Pete to the FO with Snyder

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 am 
* NET Baller *

lol If we play the Bears one more time, I'm going to lose my damn mind... just sayin'

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

After beating some very good teams to start the year, I feel that anything less then 10 wins is a huge disappointment and reeks of underachieving.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Jazzhawk wrote:
Quote:
Would 8-8 be acceptable for this team?

No. Neither is 9-7 frankly.

This. Sick to freakin' death of mediocrity, excuses, "we're gonna fix the defensive problems" and then it doesn't happen, rebuilding plans, endless losses on the road and undisciplined play. I want to finally see this franchise become regularly good to excellent and MAINTAIN it. For the first time, I am beginning to question whether Pete Carroll is the guy to FINALLY bring consistent excellence to this franchise. No, I don't think it's time to fire him. I believe next year and the year after are necessary to be absolutely sure he's been given every opportunity to win here. But, as mentioned I am beginning to doubt that will ever happen.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:10 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I said with a rookie qb at the helm 500 is likely. Given the easy the defense has played of late I would say lucky. Doesn't mean I like it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 am 
NET Veteran

End of season scenarios:

6-10 = EPIC Fail! — Scrap the entire experiment and start fresh.
7-9 = WTF?! — Pete's in a seat so hot that a weak preseason should get him fired.
8-8 = Lots of questions — Pete gets a one-year pass and should only be allowed to stay one more after that if we're in the playoffs and win a game in 2013.
9-7 No Playoffs = Weak. Same as above as far as Pete's concerned. We should win more the following year or we need to start moving on...
9-7 Playoffs = Fwhew...! Pete's off the hot seat for the next year, but progress still needs to be made.
10-6 = YAY! The team winning 5 of it's last 6 games would be awesome. Renewed faith all around and Pete can rest easy knowing he's built a solid team that will compete for a long time.
11-5 = OMG NO WAY! Amazing finish to the season, everyone loves Pete and we go back to remembering that team from Miami as the team that got it's mascot stolen and Ace Ventura had to get him back.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 am 
NET Veteran

I think 9-7 would be a step forward -afterall it would be 2 more wins than the last 2 years. That's progress no matter how you at it. However, I with everyone else expected so much more, the 2 most painful losses have been the Lions, and Dolphins. Just as last year the Washington and Cleveland losses were horrific.

I expense 9 wins, hope for 10 and would be absolutely amazed at 11 wins. Yesterday's loss makes our margin for error very slim.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 am 
* NET Eeyore *

8-8 would not be acceptable to me. But really whenever our Hawks have any type of expectations they always find some way to disappoint us. I mean the year we went to the Superbowl, many were actually expecting a down year for us. Maybe we should keep our expectations low from now on and than they will start having success.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]