Cut Leon Washington !

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, I've seen more than one thread proclaiming we cut Leon Washington. You guys still thinking about it ?

Other laughable things I've read recently:

We will crush AP. I don't fear him, or any other RB !

The Dolphins don't scare me ! We will smash them !

Detroit sucks. We have the best secondary in the league !

If you don't go so far over the top, it's not so far when you fall down folks. Just Sayin'

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Who cares? We're fans. Those are the exact kind of things we're supposed to say. Some fans choose to be optimistic, some choose to be pessimistic, we should all be allowed to believe and react the way we want.

Btw, the Dolphins STILL dont scare me.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We simply are not as good a team (overall) that most of us think that we are.

bellingerga

Reaction score
wow I'll never understand you little pricks that come out when the team does bad and rub it in everyones face.

Where are you when the team does well?

Intolerable idiots.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
wow why dont you go root for then niners the hawks really dont need dickheads like you

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
bellingerga":1eodkdv6 said:
wow I'll never understand you little pricks that come out when the team does bad and rub it in everyones face.

Where are you when the team does well?

Intolerable idiots.
Actually, it's called backlash. Well deserved backlash in fact. Whenever anyone tries to have a critically analytical discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the Hawks, it's beat down by homers and fanboyz who get all riled up that anyone says anything less than "We're gonna smash AP/Lions are crap!, etc".

Some of us like to actually have intelligent, nonemotional, non knee jerk discussions about the realistic chances of our team winning and what we need to improve on and how we can improve. Improvement means acknowledging that the team isn't the Godsnutz and realistic chances means acknowledging that our team has weaknesses that can be exploited. Homers and fanboyz prevent that type of intelligent analysis and draw the well deserved ire of those of us who come here for intelligent conversation.

So buck up buddy and eat it. Those guys you're calling idiots are right here cheering when we win, where are you the rest of the week when we're trying to discuss the team for what it is, not what homers see it as through their rose colored glasses?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Wow guys, lets take it down a notch. We're all on the same side. This is like a divided locker room. Lets praise the good and lament together when we suck.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
i am willing to bet every hawk fan in here that is melting down is a husky fan hahaha us coug fans just drink more after we lose lol

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawks46":2s00ddg3 said:
So, I've seen more than one thread proclaiming we cut Leon Washington. You guys still thinking about it ?

Other laughable things I've read recently:

We will crush AP. I don't fear him, or any other RB !

The Dolphins don't scare me ! We will smash them !

Detroit sucks. We have the best secondary in the league !

If you don't go so far over the top, it's not so far when you fall down folks. Just Sayin'

Yeah... The "woe is me" fans like you make this so much better. The dolphins ARE a team that should have been crushed by the Seahawks.

I think the team knowing that suspensions were coming for the secondary played a huge part in the game today. The defense looked out of sorts today. I think the biggest problem today was Leroy Hill though.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TBH....

I never understood where the F the "cut Leon Washington" line came from, guy is one of the best ever at returning kicks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3v5jr3k7 said:
Who cares? We're fans. Those are the exact kind of things we're supposed to say. Some fans choose to be optimistic, some choose to be pessimistic.....

....even if they are bat sh*t crazy!! :roll:

Tical21

Reaction score
I can see it both ways. On one hand, sure, we're fans, why does it matter what shades we see our team through?

On the other hand, I think just about everybody here would admit that we have the most optimistically over-the-top fanbase in the NFL.

Which is really cool, if you are one of those folks. You've got plenty of others to hold hands with while you sing around the fire.

Kinda drives you crazy if you're not. It is kind of difficult to have an intellectual football conversation with most Hawk fans around the average water cooler out there. Which is fine, but when these same fans try to argue with fans of other teams, it becomes flat-out embarrassing.

And oh yeah, Leon Washington is sick.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":2wyq0r2w said:
I can see it both ways. On one hand, sure, we're fans, why does it matter what shades we see our team through?

On the other hand, I think just about everybody here would admit that we have the most optimistically over-the-top fanbase in the NFL.

Which is really cool, if you are one of those folks. You've got plenty of others to hold hands with while you sing around the fire.

Kinda drives you crazy if you're not. It is kind of difficult to have an intellectual football conversation with most Hawk fans around the average water cooler out there. Which is fine, but when these same fans try to argue with fans of other teams, it becomes flat-out embarrassing.

And oh yeah, Leon Washington is sick.

Did you just insult most everyone here?

Tical21

Reaction score
It just gets annoying sometimes. There is a fine line between optimistic and grossly delusional, and sometimes I think we go way too far over that line. Do you not see any problem whatsoever with being part of a delusional fanbase?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Regarding Leon WAshington, heard on the radio at halftime of the Sunday night game that he tied Josh Cribbs for most kick return TD's in a career today. I wasnt aware of that. Hester still has more total return TD's, but most of his are on punts.

The Radish

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5wbzkm9o said:
Regarding Leon WAshington, heard on the radio at halftime of the Sunday night game that he tied Josh Cribbs for most kick return TD's in a career today. I wasnt aware of that. Hester still has more total return TD's, but most of his are on punts.

As I recall he should really have one more but on a sure TD a couple of years ago he slowed up before the goal line and someone from behind knocked the ball out and we wound up not getting any points at all out of it.

Didn't slow up today did he?

As far as not hearing about it, its been mentioned here for a couple of years and almost every game the announcers bring it up.

:les:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It was real nice to see his drought end. Sure wish the defense could have held up and sealed the deal afterwards.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Actually, the entire point of my post was to laugh about some of the ridiculous comments that get made here. There were actually 2 posts to cut Leon, then dude goes out a week later and takes one to the house. I think it's funny. Sometimes we need to laugh. Not that the Hawks lost, but at ourselves, but some of you take this way too seriously. Not that I'm judging ! (Jseahawks, you can be a fan ! I'm not judging !). There are a few of us here that find sarcasm pretty damn funny.

As for calling me a dickhead, prick, or gloating that the Hawks lost, I'm not gloating. I don't like it. I used to take shit waay too seriously, but I can't do that now, or I'd lash out at my wife and young boys if they were around, and that isn't warranted. Since "dickhead and prick" aren't exactly the most creative and intelligent of insults, I'll draw it out for you in crayon......my wife and kids didn't make the Hawks lose, so I won't take it out on them. I didn't make the Hawks lose, so don't take it out on me. And where am I after the losses ? I'm here every f***ing week, talking to folks, working out my frustration, and trying to talk and get some intelligent analysis. I've been here for a few years (starting at the "other" site). I'll continue to be here.

Thanks Salish and the other folks that got it. And I'm sorry if anyone feels I'm putting them down by my OP. It was more meant to poke some fun at over the top comments....not at the poeple themselves.