Would 8-8 be acceptable for this team?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Would it be acceptable? I mean, if it happens, what other choice do we have but to accept it? Mass suicide? Bomb the VMAC? We won't have to be happy about it but we'd have little choice but to accept it. Here's to hoping for better.

chawx

Reaction score
Depends on how we get to 8-8. As much as we all hate to lose the close ones, the reality is we're becoming more and more competitive. If we lost all 8 games by a TD or less (as is the case with all 5 of our losses so far), then I think Pete and Co shouldn't feel like they're on the hot seat for next year.... but if we start getting beat up (especially by division rivals—at home) then we've gotta let Pete know, next is his last if we're not putting up a new banner in the stands after 2013-14 season.

With all that said though, 10-6 is still where I think we should end up.

We'll win our division home games; yes, even the '9ers—which I know everyone here is peeing their pants about—but then we'll split Chi/Buf on the road. The best part is that Sherm and Browner will be back just in time to start our improbable dominating run through the playoffs.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":24wvqoow said:
NFSeahawks628":24wvqoow said:
I know it's way too early but looks like 2013 also reads 8-8.

C'mon man. Don't be a poosy.

Yah....give us a break! We just got the crap kicked out of us in Miami...and you want to give us more bad news.... before it even arrives!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3pm24dvg said:
NFSeahawks628":3pm24dvg said:

C'mon man. Don't be a poosy.

I'm just saying with todays team we would be 8-8 with that schedule, imo.

chawx

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":hopjplff said:
21144z7

^ pfft, what about that schedule says 8-8 to you????

saints (h), colts (h), bucs (h), cards (h), rams (h), redskins (a), jags (a), titans (a), panthers (a) = winnable

49ers (h), cards (a), rams (a), bears or packers (h) = toss up

49ers (a), Falcons (a) = not as winnable

11 wins looks like a given if you split the 4 "toss up" games. Next year is going to be a cake walk compared to this year.

sutz

Reaction score
Not really. I expect double digit wins this year, as much as 11.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I'd be quite disappointed at 8-8.

With 5 games left, they have work to do.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
8-8 Carroll is on the Hot seat, It is unacceptable but not bad enough to fire anybody but mabye the OC or DC.

I expected a 10-6 season but figured 9-7 or 11-5 were possibilities. Having beat the Packers and Patriots has raised my expectations as I know we can beat anyone in the league. It make losses to the Rams, Lions, and Dolphins sting. But I guess we fell a lot like Patriot and Packers fans felt when they lost to Seattle. Like the better team just lost.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1k5gka7p said:
Is it acceptable to be one win better off than 2010 and 2011? Would it be considered a failure this year? Or would you see it as progress, however minor?

Failure. Team is too talented to be 8-8, couple this with the fact a rookie QB actually has outperformed his expectations and is seemingly getting better.. and that adds to it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2lawqjih said:
21144z7

Way, way, way too early.

Teams expected to be good will fall short of those expectations and vice versa.

But if Pete goes 8-8 this season and next, it's time to make a change

morgulon1

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":3ixha9l1 said:
After my initial "DAMN we suck", kick the dog, pull my hair out emotional response I take a few deep breaths and revert back to the "this was layed out as a 4 year total rebuild plan" thought process. We are 75% done and we all get our hopes up so high for playoff chances and some nice performances. I think we still have some great (and pathetic) football yet to play this year as we roller coaster our way thru the ups and downs of a young team still learning and missing a couple pieces.

To answer your question: To me it is more about developing better chemistry, the Oline gelling better, and figuring some way to fix our recently exposed defensive flaws. I would hope to see us closer to the 10 win mark as a win/loss mark of progress but I am more interested in how we get there rather than the end result at this point in time.

One think I would like to see changed is pulling some of the stops out offensively and "playing to win" the game rather than the "playing not to lose" feel our games (especially on the road) seem to have to them. Sometimes you just need to gamble and I think we need to start thinking more along those lines now.

A well thought out post. It seems that you are dissapointed but not ready to fire everyone and
everybody.Im upset too but I want to try and keep everything in perspective.

Smoke

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3u17otxm said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3u17otxm said:
Is it acceptable to be one win better off than 2010 and 2011? Would it be considered a failure this year? Or would you see it as progress, however minor?

Failure. Team is too talented to be 8-8, couple this with the fact a rookie QB actually has outperformed his expectations and is seemingly getting better.. and that adds to it.

You are kidding yourself if you think that this team isn't being built to be successful within the framework of the system that pc and js are constructing. This team is not talented outside of the situational roles that each player is selected to fill. This isn't a "fire Singeltary, hire Harbaugh" situation. We get rid of Pete and JS we are starting over. It is crucial that we ride this season AMD next out. We are on an upward trajectory, and not having the patience to ride it out could mean another five years of crap play.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yes....8-8 would be 'acceptable' as an indicator that we need to hire Gruden as HC to bring some discipline to this team and move Pete to the FO with Snyder

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol If we play the Bears one more time, I'm going to lose my damn mind... just sayin'

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
After beating some very good teams to start the year, I feel that anything less then 10 wins is a huge disappointment and reeks of underachieving.