So if Sherman and Browner are out, who starts?

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pinksheets":2uaxs2zl said:
therealjohncarlson":2uaxs2zl said:
Dont be a stereotypical bi-polar hawks fan. Are you saying theres no middle ground between "the sky is falling" and "everything will be peachy?"
I'm saying losing a near must-win road game that both 1) Greatly damages our playoff chances and 2) Shows we really are crap on the road, so we'd likely to do nothing with a playoff spot now paired with our 2 starting cornerbacks likely out for basically the rest of the season for using PEDs makes for something a lot closer to the sky is falling.

Seahawks fans should be upset and angry right now.

I mean I guess some might be. I personally dont like to get very worked up over things I cant control...

JKent82

Reaction score
pinksheets":sikgt330 said:
therealjohncarlson":sikgt330 said:
Dont be a stereotypical bi-polar hawks fan. Are you saying theres no middle ground between "the sky is falling" and "everything will be peachy?"
I'm saying losing a near must-win road game that both 1) Greatly damages our playoff chances and 2) Shows we really are crap on the road, so we'd likely to do nothing with a playoff spot now paired with our 2 starting cornerbacks likely out for basically the rest of the season for using PEDs makes for something a lot closer to the sky is falling.

Yep. Frustrated and depressed.

Will I

Reaction score
Ur 1) is wrong. Every other team that is shooting for the 6th seed lost as well... So "greatly diminished" is a bit of an overstatement

But I am very upset

pinksheets

Reaction score
Will I":une1scww said:
Ur 1) is wrong. Every other team that is shooting for the 6th seed lost as well... So "greatly diminished" is a bit of an overstatement

But I am very upset
I didn't mean it like that, more or less that not beating Miami on the road casts doubt on how many wins we can pull out of the next five games. Chicago seems extremely unlikely, Bills looks grim now even, and we could very well lose to the 9ers at home. I think we've hit the point in the season where dropping "should win" games is a lot more damaging.

hawk45

Reaction score
I like the idea of ET at corner although without him back there capping the deep routes I fear we turn back into the Seattle D before Carroll which got beat deep once or twice each game.

Losing Sherman and Browner doesn't kill me like it would if we had beat Miami and looked like a team ready to do big things. My reaction to a suspension is pretty much just oh well so we lose a couple more games perhaps than we might otherwise have and miss our slight chance of getting in as a wildcard and getting steamrolled during an away game.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
While we're cheating, how about we just sign a couple thugs each week who can line up for the first play, break a few kneecaps of the opposition, get ejected, then we have Thurmand and Whatsit play the opponent's backups? Problem solved, yo.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pinksheets":2qm31d44 said:
therealjohncarlson":2qm31d44 said:

You should try being a Miami Marlins fan.

pinksheets

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1paesoef said:
pinksheets":1paesoef said:
therealjohncarlson":1paesoef said:

You should try being a Miami Marlins fan.
The Marlins officially out Marinered the Mariners.

sturg78

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1zex7p4y said:
Missing_Clink":1zex7p4y said:
who gives a crap? This season is over if this news is true

Crying.gif

Ha perfect picture of a lot of Seahawk fans right now

canzag

Reaction score
I would start Lane and Maxwell because they both are over 6 feet.Dont want to start Trufant but they probably would.Personally-if they are suspended,drag it out and give the Hawks all preseason to get readt for 4 games without them.But that is just my opinion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lane & Thurmond for me...

And I'll betchyall that Lane makes Browner expendable...

Schadie001

Reaction score
We had better go out and find a corner to go along with Thurmond. Trufant sucked yesterday and basically lost us the game in the final drive. Twice he gave up huge plays.

I'd rather see Thurmond and Lane honestly. Lane can't be any worse.

Zowert

Reaction score
I would be comfortable with Thurmond starting. I think is he underrated, when he gets to stay on the field and find his rhythm, he can cover almost anyone. He is not a shut down CB like Sherman has quickly become.

Trufant. My god... I don't know. I don't know why Thurmond hasn't taken his job as the #3 corner. Then again, i'm not an expert and I don't get to see them in practice or watch hours of game tape on them. However, from what I do see, Trufant is past his prime. He is less than a month away from his 32nd birthday and he's on his tenth season. I appreciate what he has done for this team, but it's probably time for him to hang em up after this year. Which is sad because Trufant is one of the last remaining players from the Superbowl season, along with Leroy Hill.

Are there any decent free-agent defensive backs? I didn't realize the depth we lacked in this position, until now. Even if one of our starting CB's went down, the defense would suffer quite a bit.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If they truly misused of Adderall, I fully support the suspension and embrace giving Thurmond some playing time. Not sure who I want the other corner to be. I have a feeling Thomas will stay put at Safety. Maybe 'staying in my lane' should get a shot. I really don't think Trufant will be a bad choice either, because we still will have Thomas playing over the top.

That said, I think at least one of our CBs will win his appeal. I have a feeling that Sherman just failed to report a prescription (same thing has happened with other NFL players and they won appeals based upon that). He seems like an ADD type and that's the primary use of Adderall. I have a feeling Browner won't fair so well.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Thurmond, Maxwell, Maybe that Danny G guy that ET looks up to. wasn't he a corner? All i know is i hope Pete or whoever is making the depth chart noticed how bad Tru played and has somebody ready to hop in the game if he starts and blows. Isn't Leroy due for a UA or something soon.