Do you want to make the playoffs?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'd rather have a better draft pick than see this team get embarrassed in a road playoff game.

Of course, anything can happen, so I guess I'd want them in the playoffs just to see

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Suck for Luck, suck for Lu......err, uhh.....who we sucking for this year?

Always want to make the playoffs, you never know. Some of the most exciting things can happen in the playoffs.

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Hell Yes make the playoffs. Nothing like having a Shot, and nothing like Not! And as was already said, A playoff game would be very valuable experience for this very young team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Why do we have this topic come up every year?

I hope someday we are good enough team that this topic is moot. It has been so long since we were relevant as a franchise.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":fkymv28a said:
I understand both sides of the coin, but any given Sunday, and a Hot team makes this post invalid.

Weren't the Steelers a #6 seed when they beat us in the Super Bowl?

Yes, but having the referees on their side had more of an impact on the outcome of the game.

Subzero717

Reaction score
This is like asking if you want to lose for a better draft pick. Yes I want to make the playoffs!!!!!

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
You are joking right? With the bucs, saints, packers, vikings losing today we are still in the drivers seat for the 6th seed. Its ours to lose. Of course i want them to make the playoffs its a new season at that point and anyone cant being anyone any given sunday. Being 1 GB of the packers for 5th isn't bad either. We still have a great chance.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Steve2222":3rxto6pj said:
Wouldn't it be something if we finish 9-7 winning out at home and losing out on the road. We get the 6th seed and run the table on the road all the way to the Super Bowl.

That would be freaking awesome. I hope this happens.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've seen enough losing, I want the playoffs every year and that's that, anyone who doesn't is an anomaly and I won't even try to understand them.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Seeker":rw8rst7t said:
I know i know dumb question,

but think about it.

this team can't beat miami on the road which basically like saying we can't beat anybody on the road. If we make the playoffs (which is still possible, go figure) it wil most likely be on the road and probably against green bay. Do you really want to see that play out nationally?

Angry Aaron rodgers throwing up 538 and talking about how the real refs finally rectified that little fluke in seattle.
you wanna see that played out and see how it feels to be the saints after they got ran on by marshawn and saw them highlights all offseason.

you know it would be in NFL films top 10 greatest packer moments as number 9 forever right (yes packer fans take this game that personally now).

you really want that just to say you made it to the playoffs?

Ugh. nothing personal, but what a defeatest mentality.

I wanna make the playoffs so our young team can go smack Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning around in their building and finally get over the "losing on the road hump". But, we are struggling on the road so why continue to try right? ugh. If I'm picking a team for pick-up anything, you're last pick.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The free agents that can actually help a team are interested in going to teams that are close enough to getting over the hump to have a chance at the Super Bowl.
Of course we want to make the playoffs. Maybe then a Peyton Manning would have looked seriously at Seattle. Looks like we need depth at LB to compete. Leroy Hill's tank looks like it's on E. Maybe a better OL or two would help. Maybe even a better version of Jason Jones.

Consider the alternative... what properly motivated free agent wants to go to a team with a culture of losing, a team on the downturn? Yeah, some players just want to get paid, and will go to whoever will sign the check. We don't want those players. We want players that can choose from several suitors and choose the Seahawks because they feel the 'Hawks are close and maybe they can help get the team over the hump.

Playoffs or bust, baby! Whatever happens in the playoffs happens. Either we're a good enough team and/or get hot at the right time, or we lose because we're not quite good enough and/or play the wrong opponent at the wrong time.

PC/JS have already shown they can do well in the draft in whatever position they're in. Playoffs or bust, baby!!

mikeak

Reaction score
Would love to get into the playoffs. Even better would be if GB down late drives for a TD and Rodgers heaves it up on a Hail Mary play and the WR and Defender gets the ball at the same time and it is ruled an interception.

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Yes.

If you look at who has won the Super Bowl over the last few years or so you'd see that the team that ends up winning is usually the surprise team of the pack. We've seen it in baseball too. Giants X2, Packers, the Cards made it all the way, the Saints, "Stealers in XL", etc.

The old cliche about just making it to the dance is coming true more and more it seems. If this team can persevere through some adversity, like they were built to do, then maybe they can make a run in the playoffs. Who knows.

So to answer your question, yes. Yes, I'd like it for the 'Hawks to make it to the playoffs even if it's by the skin of their teeth!

hawker84

Reaction score
let's see, GB just got their A**es handed to them by the giants, giants lost to the cowboys, we beat GB and Dallas, yet got beat down yesterday in Miami.. ya i'll take our chances in the playoffs.. cuz who the hell knows anymore..??? quite frankly i'm confused and just gonna take it one week at a time...