play of the game......what the heck was ET thinking ??

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • "THAT" ....my friends, was the ball game !!

:229031_banghead: :187734: :229031_banghead:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• and he could have just pummelled Tannehill instead. Crap.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• dude was airborne, not much he could do to adjust in flight.........sh*t happens, I could point to many more plays that cost us this game
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Oh, I thought you were talking about the TD pass where Leroy got burned. My thought was "what the heck is ET doing in the endzone and not coming over to pick up the WR who had immediately burned Leroy?" How the heck could he have not seen that? It was the WR that instantly demanded immediate attention from the center fielder and yet ET was on some other planet chatting with Emperor Ming or something cuz he was light years from the play and with his speed, he had all day to get there. THAT was the game right there.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• If we are talking about the penalty, then it was the right call, but its one of the dumbest things in sports. Contrary to popular belief, ET is not actually a wizard and had no way to change his path when he jumped. They either need to change it to a judgement call, get rid of it completely, or start flagging the QB for just standing there and creating an injury risk when he could have just stepped 1 foot to his right.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• m0ng0 wrote:dude was airborne, not much he could do to adjust in flight.........sh*t happens, I could point to many more plays that cost us this game

I don't buy this......
    You could see him (on camera) coming from 10 yards away.....
    If you're gonna hit Tannen-bomb, why not go mid-section ??
    IMO
    ....he could've held-up or veered off.....he had time to anticipate !!??
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

• He went airborne to try to deflect the pass and/or disrupt the QBs vision, why would he slow down? We want our guys to stop giving 100%?
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:dude was airborne, not much he could do to adjust in flight.........sh*t happens, I could point to many more plays that cost us this game

I don't buy this......
    IMO

Maybe on the 3rd slow-motion replay from your couch he had time to anticipate.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:dude was airborne, not much he could do to adjust in flight.........sh*t happens, I could point to many more plays that cost us this game

I don't buy this......
    IMO

....all I'm sayin' is;
    the t.v. coverage didn't even show a flag being thrown/penalty called (at all)
    .....but you could see ET roughing Tannenbaum as the play shifted to the endzone. :141847_bnono:

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

I don't buy this......
    IMO

Because he was attempting to bat away the ball... hence why he went in high with his hands up
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• There was really nothing ET could have done different, other than give up and give no effort at all, but hes probably saving that for the pro bowl. He got flagged for not being a quitter.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• This place is unbearable today
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• To be fair.. the Washington KO return basically washed that off the board. It was the following defensive series that went a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• What was the Jets GM doing on the field?
    Last edited by rideaducati on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:To be fair.. the Washington KO return basically washed that off the board. It was the following defensive series that went a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.

To be fair....You are CORRECT !!
    But now is the time for finger pointing....
    I'd rather take 7 points off the board for the fish....
    Leon can get his TD return on the next Miami punt !!??
    Win, the way it was suppose to be - - by 14 pts.

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

• Oops... Triple threads are confusing to me.
    Last edited by rideaducati on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Hasselbeck wrote:To be fair.. the Washington KO return basically washed that off the board. It was the following defensive series that went a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.

Yes... because this is how events in our universe work :roll:
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:

I don't buy this......
    IMO

LOL dude...awesome
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Hasselbeck wrote:To be fair.. the Washington KO return basically washed that off the board. It was the following defensive series that went a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.

That'd be ideal of course.. but the fact is.. 15 seconds later the defense had a 7 point lead again, and the Dolphins weren't inside the 20.. they were 80 yards away. Can't pin the loss on an iffy call (which IMO was a very weak roughing the QB).. when the defense had ample opportunity to seal the deal
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• rideaducati wrote:
    What was the Jets GM doing on the field?

For jokes,
    I'm calling Tannehill....Tannenbaum :3-1:

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk

• Exactly
    ensett wrote:He went airborne to try to deflect the pass and/or disrupt the QBs vision, why would he slow down? We want our guys to stop giving 100%?
    HudsonHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• BOO F***** WOO! Thomas made a play. The Refs made the right call(as tick tacky as that is). The rules need to change. Don't blame ET for trying to do his job. I'll admit I was pissed after it happen but we still let them sroce 3 TD's. The defense as a whole played bad.

We're 6-5. We're still in this. QUIT CRYING. Some of you guys sound like Whiner fans!
    ProckHawks
    NET Rookie

• AbsolutNET wrote:

I don't buy this......
    IMO

I thought the point of football was to rush the QB, football is becoming sissy league, although I understand if it was head to head.

That play cost us the game it's a 7 point swing, with probably less than 4 minutes left in the game.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• How was he suppose to stop? He was already in the air! To look in to this matter a little closer I decided to run out doors and jump in front of on coming traffi...
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• ensett wrote:If we are talking about the penalty, then it was the right call, but its one of the dumbest things in sports. Contrary to popular belief, ET is not actually a wizard and had no way to change his path when he jumped. They either need to change it to a judgement call, get rid of it completely, or start flagging the QB for just standing there and creating an injury risk when he could have just stepped 1 foot to his right.

I like your point, and your right. The roughing the passer rule needs some serious re-evaluation, but more than anything the refs need to be consistent. Too often I am seeing a similar situation not called.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• ^ Like with Vick
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:To be fair.. the Washington KO return basically washed that off the board. It was the following defensive series that went a long way to deciding the outcome of the game.

True. Completely agree. Though I wanted Wagner to get his 2nd pick of the day. I was thinking BALLGAME, until I saw the flag. I'm glad Washington finally got his. I feel bad for him, in all the games he's had a big impact we've lost--AZ 2 huge returns results in 2 FG's. Then today, he get's a return and the defense lays an egg.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• ET knows the rules like every other player we have. This team is undisciplined and the penalties are just going to keep coming until PC gets tough.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information