Wilson and secondary......

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ensett":kxlmw0bl said:
Wilson is the best QB in the league right now.

:lol:

Um what? Maybe best QB named Russell.

He played great today though I will say that. And this thread blaming him for the loss is ridiculous .. But Wilson is not the best QB in football, not even close

camdawg

Reaction score
csalsb":ra6vifdo said:
Alright Russell Wilson was awesome. No first downs until the second quarter. No big plays in the fourth when the game is on the line. But hey that passer rating is awesome in a loss. Yes the defense stunk I have said that.

Miami said they were going to stop the run in fact they have one of the best run defenses in the league. If you read anything during the week leading up to the game in their fan forums or listened to Shannon sharpe on nfl network yesterday he said the same thing about the run defense.

In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen. If the coaching staff is doing this then they need to change. If they feel he is not ready then we are not ready to take the next step forward which means another 500 record and based on what I saw today we could be 7-9 or 8-8 with our remaining schedule.

Here's the thing. Maybe Russell can audible out of some running plays, into some passing plays. Perhaps more than other rookie QB's can. But if Darrell Bevell is constantly sending in 2 RB, 1 TE personnel; or 2 TE, 2 RB; or 2 TE, 1 RB, 2 WR, there's only so much Russell can do.

If we wanted Russell to throw for a ton of yards today, than Darrell Bevell needed to send in 3 WR, 4 WR, 5 WR personnel groupings that would allow Russell to do that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Lol audible for the sake of not liking the run option will cause some major issue. Try it with your boss and see how it goes. Audible because you see a blitz or a change etc justifiable but only so many times unless you are named Peyton...

m0ng0

Reaction score
ensett":16ao6sq0 said:
There were over 100 players and coaches in the stadium today and Russell Wilson was the best one of them all. Wilson is the best QB in the league right now, bringing pressure on him is useless because hes just gonna make you look stupid and dance away from you and make an impossible throw on the run for a 20 yard pass. Russell embarrasses players. Probably makes them wish they chose a different career.

:D

Twisted

Reaction score
a lot of little things, the offense looked sluggish, no speed off the snap