Wilson and secondary......

-The Glove-

Reaction score
csalsb":yztbgjud said:
So are we to assume this team was only built to win at home. You need to have an offense. Heaven forbid we be critical of Russell Wilson here. I do not think he is the answer. Sorry but I am not a fanboy and a QB I just see to many issues if they put the game on his shoulders.

By the way not trolling here so admins please allow for debate on the QB spot. Respectfully.
Holy shiz...u can be critical but at least have some substance for your criticism. The Detroit Lions game, the GB Packers game, the NE Patriots game, AZ, STL. Those were all games he performed well in with it on his shoulders. Not his fault if players drop the fall, trip and fall down, or the defense gives up game winning drives.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
As has been echoed by those above, this was on the D. The only thing to get excited about at all after the loss is the play of Wilson.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
He averaged over 8 yards per pass attempt. Only a troll would blame the lack of passing yards on RW.

csalsb

Reaction score
Not trolling just disagree on Wilson. We are allowed to have a difference of opinion still or is that forbidden when it comes to our QB. I simply feel we need more production out of the spot then we are getting. I agree the defense has let us down. However, I want a championship team like everyone else here. I have been on this board since the inception back when uncle curls use to post about kitna and Erickson. Never have I seen people so quick to call trolling as I have this past season. Come on let's grow up and have a discussion about our beloved hawks and agree to disagree.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
csalsb":3n6odnry said:
Not trolling just disagree on Wilson. We are allowed to have a difference of opinion still or is that forbidden when it comes to our QB. I simply feel we need more production out of the spot then we are getting. I agree the defense has let us down. However, I want a championship team like everyone else here. I have been on this board since the inception back when uncle curls use to post about kitna and Erickson. Never have I seen people so quick to call trolling as I have this past season. Come on let's grow up and have a discussion about our beloved hawks and agree to disagree.
Dude just look at your first post. "By the way, not trolling"...that's like someone saying "I'm not racist, but"

OP
OP
v1rotv2

v1rotv2

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":knpctcxr said:
v1rotv2":knpctcxr said:
Wilson made a hell of a bad decision on that last possession. Tossing it to Lynch behind the line of scrimmage when he was covered by 3 defenders had no chance and it cost us 5 yards. Yeah Wilson played great for most of the the game but that play costs us the ball game.
So one play means its his fault? Lol....m mmmm-Kay buddy

You did notice I said Wilson and the secondary, right? If not check the title.

hawk45

Reaction score
Not even a good troll.

Out of all the things to focus on today, the rookie QB with 2 TDs, no INTs and 200 yards passing is the problem. Right.

camdawg

Reaction score
csalsb":3nkn5co1 said:

But what did Wilson not do that he was supposed to? Not complete 17 passes in a row, instead of just 16? Not have a 158.3 passer rating instead of the 122 passer rating he did have?

Blaming Russell Wilson at all for today's loss, instead of the defense and offensive line, makes about as much sense as blaming Tom Brady for the Patriots loss in Seattle. Actually, in Russell's case, it makes less sense...he didn't throw anywhere near as many picks, or near picks, as Brady threw in that game.

OP
OP
v1rotv2

v1rotv2

Reaction score
pocketprotector":3h9vkyad said:
He averaged over 8 yards per pass attempt. Only a troll would blame the lack of passing yards on RW.

Troll, really? Is that your boiler plate answer when you didn't have a comment?

pocketprotector

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1ev4gb5m said:
pocketprotector":1ev4gb5m said:

Troll, really? Is that your boiler plate answer when you didn't have a comment?

It is the only explanation for someone blaming the lack of total passing yards on a qb who averaged over 8 yards per attempt. Well, that or stupidity. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
No run first team wants to go out and gun for 300+ passing yards a game. That screams shoot out, and I'm confident Russell could do that if we needed him to. its just not what we want. A lot of 400 yard passing games end in losses for that QB. Personally, I think you're crazy if you're not liking what you see from this kid. At least you haven't mentioned Flynn yet, because well, I'd like lik to hear an argument for how he would have won this game today... Get out of here, troll.

Sac

Reaction score
The decision to run instead of going with Wilsons hot hand to close the game out lost it. We should have been pushing the ball down field more. Defense stunk it up too. Two amazing road performances by Wilson wasted.

sam1313

Reaction score
camdawg":igcqs269 said:
csalsb":igcqs269 said:

But what did Wilson not do that he was supposed to? Not complete 17 passes in a row, instead of just 16? Not have a 158.3 passer rating instead of the 122 passer rating he did have?

Blaming Russell Wilson at all for today's loss, instead of the defense and offensive line, makes about as much sense as blaming Tom Brady for the Patriots loss in Seattle. Actually, in Russell's case, it makes less sense...he didn't throw anywhere near as many picks, or near picks, as Brady threw in that game.
:13: Well said.

csalsb

Reaction score
Alright Russell Wilson was awesome. No first downs until the second quarter. No big plays in the fourth when the game is on the line. But hey that passer rating is awesome in a loss. Yes the defense stunk I have said that.

Miami said they were going to stop the run in fact they have one of the best run defenses in the league. If you read anything during the week leading up to the game in their fan forums or listened to Shannon sharpe on nfl network yesterday he said the same thing about the run defense.

In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen. If the coaching staff is doing this then they need to change. If they feel he is not ready then we are not ready to take the next step forward which means another 500 record and based on what I saw today we could be 7-9 or 8-8 with our remaining schedule.

ensett

Reaction score
There were over 100 players and coaches in the stadium today and Russell Wilson was the best one of them all. Wilson is the best QB in the league right now, bringing pressure on him is useless because hes just gonna make you look stupid and dance away from you and make an impossible throw on the run for a 20 yard pass. Russell embarrasses players. Probably makes them wish they chose a different career.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
csalsb":2mmutech said:
Alright Russell Wilson was awesome. No first downs until the second quarter. No big plays in the fourth when the game is on the line. But hey that passer rating is awesome in a loss. Yes the defense stunk I have said that.

Miami said they were going to stop the run in fact they have one of the best run defenses in the league. If you read anything during the week leading up to the game in their fan forums or listened to Shannon sharpe on nfl network yesterday he said the same thing about the run defense.

In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen. If the coaching staff is doing this then they need to change. If they feel he is not ready then we are not ready to take the next step forward which means another 500 record and based on what I saw today we could be 7-9 or 8-8 with our remaining schedule.

I can't debate with you because your head is in the clouds as far as coming into a game wanting to throw for 300 yards and thinking that will do it. You are missing the point of our team and our gameplay. We failed to execute, but 300 yards doesn't get it done alone. And three touchdowns, okay, great. I'm glad that's a goal. I just want to out score the other team. This can be done a number of ways. Plain and simple, Wilson was the best player on the field today. (Honorable mention to Washington). You seem to think RW is responsible for the woes in the first quarter... Hmmm...

pocketprotector

Reaction score
csalsb":1043xzaa said:
In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen.

How is he supposed to throw for 300 yards with only 23 pass attempts?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
csalsb":uhgvudxe said:
...if people are going to put him up as the second coming then he needs to make those plays.

And if people don't... then he doesn't need to?

You're entitled to an opinion. I'm entitled to mine and it is this: yours is baseless, biased, and misdirected.

mikeak

Reaction score
I love the no big plays in fourth quarter. Lol. One possession all playcalling was conservative to eat up click more concerned about going the ball back than scoring 7.

I blame the kicker no FG's made all game. If he makes 2 or 3 of them we win. It is irrelevant the number of opportunities that the kicker had he simply should have made 3 ....